The good stuff must of been guarded by jellyfish.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful day at the beach ! I got into the water around 10 a.m. Seas were 2-3 feet with waves breaking on top of each other in certain areas. I worked my way south of that spot and then the jellyfish started appearing. I had a few wash in right in front of me. They ranged in size from the diameter of a coffee cup to about the size of a dinner plate ! The one THer I usually pass on my way south told me he got stung by one last time out. After a couple close calls, I decided to work ankle deep water and wet sand. I found only junk in that area. I headed back north earlier than normal and worked the dry sand. I found a staggering $.46 and a cheap aluminum ring. Oh well maybe next time. Good luck and HH

Attachments

• 9-15-08 001.jpg
    9-15-08 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 9-15-08 002.jpg
    9-15-08 002.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I like the green pull tab...lol....I hope you have better luck next hunt.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was happy to see that the hurricane surge pushed all our jelly fish up into the streets bye bye suckers. Atleast for a few days

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper2004 said:
I like the green pull tab...lol....I hope you have better luck next hunt.
I'm partial to the blue ones myself ;D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:
one cheap ringy dingy beats no ringy dingy at all
No argument there.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
I was happy to see that the hurricane surge pushed all our jelly fish up into the streets bye bye suckers. Atleast for a few days
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stitchlips said:
willie d said:
I found a staggering $.46 and a cheap aluminum ring. Oh well maybe next time. Good luck and HH

Hey you beat me, today I got 14 cents but man the beach was beautiful!
Yes it was !

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie d,

Be careful with the jellyfish that are out there right now. When I was in Florida last week in the same areas where you hunt, I saw maybe 15 over several days. They were the kind that had the tentacles that hang down maybe 1 1/2 to 2 feet down, I think they are called Medusas. I took a look at a few of them that floated by me that had many of these tiny fish swimming amongst the tentacles for protection, something I had only seen on TV.

I spent 7 days out there with Cavedweller hitting every space that we could. There weren't many goodies to be found. It seems like the sand moved a few feet out from shore. The first 15 feet out from shore was deeper and moving out it got shallower. Maybe with a few more storms and days of choppy water the sand will be moved further out.

Good luck on your next hunts.

JP

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
It is good to see you posting no matter what you found. A lot of the usual gng's have been noticably absent of posts. I don't know if they are not hunting, not finding anything that they feel worth posting or have gone on to other sites. I too like the green pull tab! ::)

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jpotter said:
Willie d,

Be careful with the jellyfish that are out there right now. When I was in Florida last week in the same areas where you hunt, I saw maybe 15 over several days. They were the kind that had the tentacles that hang down maybe 1 1/2 to 2 feet down, I think they are called Medusas. I took a look at a few of them that floated by me that had many of these tiny fish swimming amongst the tentacles for protection, something I had only seen on TV.

I spent 7 days out there with Cavedweller hitting every space that we could. There weren't many goodies to be found. It seems like the sand moved a few feet out from shore. The first 15 feet out from shore was deeper and moving out it got shallower. Maybe with a few more storms and days of choppy water the sand will be moved further out.

Good luck on your next hunts.

JP
No need to worry. The only thing I know about jellyfish is that I have absolutely no interest in being stung by one. Last year at this time, there were tons of them out there, but they were very small and I had no problems. When I saw the size of these jellies, I hightailed it out of there.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
It is good to see you posting no matter what you found. A lot of the usual gng's have been noticably absent of posts. I don't know if they are not hunting, not finding anything that they feel worth posting or have gone on to other sites. I too like the green pull tab! ::)
This post almost didn't happen. I wasn't finding anything but trash until the end of my hunt. I may of posted, I probably just would not of included a pic. ;D

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
mumszie said:

I too enjoy seeing the not so good hunts as well as the jackpot hunts. Keeps me reminded that not every hunt produces anything but the great time you had doing it. Keep up the posts!! BTW: Haven't seen any recent MUMSZIE posts ::)

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HalfSpeed said:
mumszie said:

I too enjoy seeing the not so good hunts as well as the jackpot hunts.
Good, because not so good hunts seem to be all I'm posting lately. :'( :icon_jokercolor:

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Nice to see the junk. Thats less junk in the water. I find alot of junk to but just being out there makes it all priceless.
LT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread