Water machine question?????

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering what water machine to get for beginner water hunter. Am in California for the time being so salt water is for sure. But when in Washington will be doing mostly lakes. Any help from the people that know will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
bass

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hearing good things about the sand shark (pi). You will be digging allot but that is what this hobby is about, Besides you will get really good at pin pointing in no time.......................Cotton

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
id say the Excal is the best but at a cheeper price the Tiger Shark is a good choice.not as deep as the Excal and does not have tone ID but easy to use and has a life time warranty! and about 1/2 the price of the Excal.i like my Excal because it will work well in salt water as well as fresh and the tone ID really helps. a PI is good but you will dig 20" for a hair pin,they dont discriminate well.good luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are mainly going to do freshwater lakes the Tiger Shark or Fisher 1280 with the 10 inch coil is the one to get. Both these can become unstable in the wet salt sand, but will do well on dry sand. The Fisher 1280 is built like a tank and is very simple to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread