the great deception of swift

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
ounces troy per ozs. regular avordupis weight 1lb. 12.09714 this is what metals are weighed by wish it was same as regular weight actualy if you have a carbonate ore this can run as much as 20.000 ozs per ton with excess being composed of some base metals with balance being gold this is gone in west and is not even mentioned any more in information i only am aware of this because of a book i have printed in 1880 by kustel if you are skeptical of this check it out i have another book by charles aaron printed in 1881 this is also good information says same thing these ores are found in ky also carbonates and hydroxides i have found all three these are what swift was mineing and would account for his claim of what he produced when i get rights to land i will show it to all this is reason for being so secretive doubt that you blame me now for doing what i have did not want to give this out but so much skeptism decided to do it
At 20,000 t oz. per ton I'd be well into 6 digit income at $15/ oz. with 5 ton a year...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and no time to spend it LOL that is a lot of work in the back country! Best of luck.

Not really. In my dad's days a good man could load 40 to 60 tons of coal a day. My dad use to laugh at the song, "I loaded 16 tons and what did I get" Five tons of silver ore should be easily obtained if you find a vein of silver 30 silver dollars thick as is the claim at Big Stone Gap.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, that's not too far from Meadow of Dan... wife & I will go, soon! Will get on Rt. 58...

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really. In my dad's days a good man could load 40 to 60 tons of coal a day. My dad use to laugh at the song, "I loaded 16 tons and what did I get" Five tons of silver ore should be easily obtained if you find a vein of silver 30 silver dollars thick as is the claim at Big Stone Gap.

'Loading' coal is shoveling loose debris into a coal car. Silver mining ore is busting into stone, crushing it as best you can then shoveling into a smelter/furnace. Then there is the refining process to get all the impurities out... think about all the fuel you would need to prepare for heating... all of this on mostly uneven ground... it is not my cup of tea... have at it!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's not too far from Meadow of Dan... wife & I will go, soon! Will get on Rt. 58...

Where you talking about "not too far from Meadow of Dan"? Big Stone Gap is down near Coeburn, Virginia, near the Kentucky Line?

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
'Loading' coal is shoveling loose debris into a coal car. Silver mining ore is busting into stone, crushing it as best you can then shoveling into a smelter/furnace. Then there is the refining process to get all the impurities out... think about all the fuel you would need to prepare for heating... all of this on mostly uneven ground... it is not my cup of tea... have at it!

Us folk that lives in the hills are equipped with a swivel in our butt that allows our leg on the uphill side to become shorter than the downhill one. Therefore we have no problem with the terrain. As for the rock, it can't compete with dynomite, or some hillbilly comparable concoction. As for the fuel most anyone in Eastern Ky., W.Va. o Va that owns Mtn land more than likely has a stand of oak and hickory suitable to make charcoal.. After all that's the way the legends go. LOL What's the point in chasing a legend unless ya take all the facts into consideration.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discerning the facts is my primary goal, not mining silver. As for the explosives, careful what you say, someone is not on here anymore because of something related to that.

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Discerning the facts is my primary goal, not mining silver. As for the explosives, careful what you say, someone is not on here anymore because of something related to that.

I 'm more concerned with discerning the fact that there is silver in Ky. I guess. That if/when it happens will give more credibility to the legend. As for the one that's no longer on here I think it was more where than what he used.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 'm more concerned with discerning the fact that there is silver in Ky. I guess. That if/when it happens will give more credibility to the legend. As for the one that's no longer on here I think it was more where than what he used.

Maybe, but I would think if one had an explosive without a license it wouldn't matter where it was? I think there are federal laws related to that? Very heavily regulated professions, blasting and mining. Also, silver is in KY, that is a known fact. What is not known (to people with degrees and authority) is if there is any in paying quantities. Remember, Mrs. Timmins had several assays done in the late 1800s. Both silver and gold was in the ore sampled, just not in paying density from where she took samples. I think the area was mined by Swift and he moved on to other locations once the silver tapered off. Mrs. Timmins thought she needed to dig deeper to find the richer material. My problem with that is, if she believed that it makes no sense that Swift was there? Why would he mine poor quantities of silver content ore and then just stop? If he had found a seam of silver he would have dug deeper IMHO.

Last edited:

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe, but I would think if one had an explosive without a license it wouldn't matter where it was? I think there are federal laws related to that? Very heavily regulated professions, blasting and mining. Also, silver is in KY, that is a known fact. What is not known (to people with degrees and authority) is if there is any in paying quantities. Remember, Mrs. Timmins had several assays done in the late 1800s. Both silver and gold was in the ore sampled, just not in paying density from where she took samples. I think the area was mined by Swift and he moved on to other locations once the silver tapered off. Mrs. Timmins thought she needed to dig deeper to find the richer material. My problem with that is, if she believed that it makes no sense that Swift was there? Why would he mine poor quantities of silver content ore and then just stop? If he had found a seam of silver he would have dug deeper IMHO.

Yepr you got to take a class and get a certificate like everything else. My dad was a blaster in the mines for years and kept his blasting lic. up till he died for some reason.

Last edited:

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to drop a word or two and send someone down a rabbit hole. Thermite target . Do some research and tell me what you think. Spelling might not be correct on that but close. if you've had any experience with them you'll know.

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONCERNING EXPLOSIVES I have an explosives licence i have not renewed it for many years i probably would have to take a test to renew it as for thermite or any other explosive information even thermite being a simple mixture i would not put any information on the net .

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
CONCERNING EXPLOSIVES I have an explosives licence i have not renewed it for many years i probably would have to take a test to renew it as for thermite or any other explosive information even thermite being a simple mixture i would not put any information on the net .

That's why I suggested the research. I know what it is and had experience with it. As for the use of explosives there are was around it. They make dozers with rippers, excavators with jack hammers, and buckets of all sorts with teeth. Maybe not as efficient as explosives but much safer in unexperienced hands.

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used tannerite to drop some trees that were too dangerous to work under with a chain saw. That stuff is quite legal, and it put my mosin nagant to good use as well. I doubt that would be of any use with stone. I thought Thermite grenades were used in WWII for disabling the breech of artillery pieces? Basically a phosphorus device with a bit of magnesium to weld things up, burns super hot like a sparkler bomb but hotter.

Last edited:

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used tannerite to drop some trees that were too dangerous to work under with a chain saw. That stuff is quite legal, and it put my mosin nagant to good use as well. I doubt that would be of any use with stone. I thought Thermite grenades were used in WWII for disabling the breech of artillery pieces? Basically a phosphorus device with a bit of magnesium to weld things up, burns super hot like a sparkler bomb but hotter.

Thermite would be better for roasting rock.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tannerite ! told ya the spelling might be wrong !!! lol sit one in front of a rock sometime and try it.

Well, what it does to a tree, depending on the type of tree is splintering. Without a hole to focus the charge about the only thing it will do is bring stuff from above down I would expect. Anything loose between you and the can will project toward you, and the projectile will be hitting rock and that is never a good idea. You need 50 yards or so for somewhat safe distance, with rock you may want 100 yards. Let me know how that turns out.....

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, what it does to a tree, depending on the type of tree is splintering. Without a hole to focus the charge about the only thing it will do is bring stuff from above down I would expect. Anything loose between you and the can will project toward you, and the projectile will be hitting rock and that is never a good idea. You need 50 yards or so for somewhat safe distance, with rock you may want 100 yards. Let me know how that turns out.....[/QUOTE

Not sure what one you was using but the ones I've had experience with said 100 yds. safe distance on the container. Maybe yours was smaller. IDK Don't think I would have wanted to be any closer and the second one we was farther away. Believe me the rock showed evidence of an explosion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions