The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

trikikiwi said:
found this site , by accident - it's too cool to not share

http://lane.stanford.edu/tobacco/index.html

Mike

That was an interesting and very cool site!

Today, Thanksgiving Day, my smober time is:

3 weeks, 17 hours, 3 minutes
Saved $97.00 bucks
Did NOT smoke 434 ciggy's - This continues to be the most interesting fact for me to fathom...

Hope you are all well...

Jim

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is anyone else haveing trouble reading all the replys.
its hard to read it when im hacking.

Charles Oak Island NC

Sep 12, 2007
Oak Island and Uwharrie, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Tesoro PIranha, Minelab MusketeerX, Garrett 350

Montana Jim said:
trikikiwi said:
found this site , by accident - it's too cool to not share

http://lane.stanford.edu/tobacco/index.html

Mike

That was an interesting and very cool site!

Today, Thanksgiving Day, my smober time is:

3 weeks, 17 hours, 3 minutes
Saved $97.00 bucks
Did NOT smoke 434 ciggy's - This continues to be the most interesting fact for me to fathom...

Hope you are all well...

Jim

didn't I see an advertisment on New Harleys for $86.00 a month this summer?

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

didn't I see an advertisment on New Harleys for $86.00 a month this summer?
[/quote]

My ride,
Now I don't have to stop on rides just to smoke, it feels good. I hope this has helped others equally. Cheers, Mike

Attachments

• Maraetai 14.3.04.JPG
    Maraetai 14.3.04.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 405

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

imafishingnutt said:
is anyone else haveing trouble reading all the replys.
i thought it was the Thunderbird you been swilling all day

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX

I'D HATE TO BURST YA'LLS BUBBLE BUT I'LL TAKE BETS ON HOW LONG YA'LL LAST.LOL.GOOD LUCK.SURE SEEMS TO BE A BAD HABBIT TO BREAK .ITS SOMETHING I NEVER GOT HOOKED ON.PLZ DONT BITE MY HEAD OFF OUR ONLY HAVING A NIC FIT,LOL.I GUESS I SHOULDNT LAUGH MY PAPPY DIED FROM NO FLITERED CAMMELS.I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE PHYSICALY ADDICTIVE TO ANYTHING BUT A WOMANS TOUCH.

Charles Oak Island NC

Sep 12, 2007
Detector(s) used

steve71 said:
I'D HATE TO BURST YA'LLS BUBBLE BUT I'LL TAKE BETS ON HOW LONG YA'LL LAST.LOL.GOOD LUCK.SURE SEEMS TO BE A BAD HABBIT TO BREAK .ITS SOMETHING I NEVER GOT HOOKED ON.PLZ DONT BITE MY HEAD OFF OUR ONLY HAVING A NIC FIT,LOL.I GUESS I SHOULDNT LAUGH MY PAPPY DIED FROM NO FLITERED CAMMELS.I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE PHYSICALY ADDICTIVE TO ANYTHING BUT A WOMANS TOUCH.
They can do it, If I can anyone can. Went from 3 packs a day to smoke free been that way for over 12 years.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charles said:
steve71 said:
They can do it, If I can anyone can. Went from 3 packs a day to smoke free been that way for over 12 years.
Hey Steve, and good on you Charles, I'm currently at 22 days nicotine free. I sense a Poet in Steve.

Cheers, Mike

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

A recent post would suggest that someone (and I won't say to which Steve I'm referring) has failed; 1. to read post #1, 2. Freshman English.

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina

Just stopping in to see how the nic-free gang is doing. I'll hit my 2 month mark tomorrow and still can't believe I've made it this far!

Big congratulations to all who are still smoke-free. An even bigger "Come on, ya'll can do it" to those who are still struggling! It's sooooo worth it to not be coughing and stinking all the time!

Will check back in a few....take care all!
Barbara

Charles Oak Island NC

Sep 12, 2007
Detector(s) used

bagglaydee said:
Just stopping in to see how the nic-free gang is doing. I'll hit my 2 month mark tomorrow and still can't believe I've made it this far!

Big congratulations to all who are still smoke-free. An even bigger "Come on, ya'll can do it" to those who are still struggling! It's sooooo worth it to not be coughing and stinking all the time!

Will check back in a few....take care all!
Barbara

congratulations (a day early) on your two months anniversary.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Day 6 of the Chantix, I am supposed to stop tomorrow...

Last week in Karate I was practicing with a partner and shield on my roundhouse kicks, young kid about 15 was holding the shield. Sensei was putting us through a pretty rigorous workout, as we didn't have class for the next four days.

I started feeling nauseous (I'm guessing from the pill), lightheaded and dizzy. I got so bad I couldn't tell if I was gonna puke, poop my pants, or pass out. Concentrating so much on not doing any of these things, I really nailed the kid and sent him sprawling. OUCH! He was fine, but I had to stop class.

I haven't really noticed much effect from the Chantix yet, other than I now know not to get my blood really pumping, its just getting up to level in my body by now, according to the directions.

I have noticed however that I really don't care if I smoke or not. Just light up out of habit, I guess.

So anyways...... I'll be right there with you all soon. Been smoking for 25 years and have tried everything under the sun. Chantix seems to be doing its job, now its up to me.... Unfortunately with the other things I have tried, I know I need a crutch! It's weird how little self control I have when it comes to smoking.

Wish me luck!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Jeffro said:

Last week in Karate I was practicing with a partner and shield on my roundhouse kicks, young kid about 15 was holding the shield. Sensei was putting us through a pretty rigorous workout, as we didn't have class for the next four days.

I started feeling nauseous (I'm guessing from the pill), lightheaded and dizzy. I got so bad I couldn't tell if I was gonna puke, poop my pants, or pass out. Concentrating so much on not doing any of these things, I really nailed the kid and sent him sprawling. OUCH! He was fine, but I had to stop class.

I haven't really noticed much effect from the Chantix yet, other than I now know not to get my blood really pumping, its just getting up to level in my body by now, according to the directions.

I have noticed however that I really don't care if I smoke or not. Just light up out of habit, I guess.

So anyways...... I'll be right there with you all soon. Been smoking for 25 years and have tried everything under the sun. Chantix seems to be doing its job, now its up to me.... Unfortunately with the other things I have tried, I know I need a crutch! It's weird how little self control I have when it comes to smoking.

Wish me luck!

Jeffro! Great story... I know the crutch thing is an issue... I had to find something else to do besides lighting up. Throwing away all the smokes and lighters helped of course, and resisting going to buy any more. I ended up just drinking more coffee... LMAO, and posting here a whole lot more :P

The chantix has been getting rave reviews and you sound like another person it's helping... I think that's awesome!

Looking forward to seeing you write about that last ciggy you crushed out - and then watching the smoke free days tick away! I'm at 3 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes according to the Peachy Calculator... LOL

I also smoked for 25 + years. Lemme know if you need anything! (I already saw your Santa request). :D

Jim

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just checking in on you all. Keep it up, it gets easier as each day passes. I just passed the 1 year mark a couple days ago,also smoked for near 25 years....now to start that diet (30 pounds gained from no smoking, it's a good thing i'm real tall)!!!! ;D That's gonna be harder than quitting the cigs. :)

PS-Jeffro, don't quit the Karate, god forbid you end up like me! :D

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just checking in from the dark side of the World,
until tomorrow ;D

Still all good, I'm only breathing in other people's smoke, and even that's becoming rarer.

I'm starting to really realise
the pleasure I have in not smoking,
especially at times I would usually automatically light up,
totally outweighs the 'pleasure' I thought I was receiving, when I did , now I don't

YeeeeHhhhaaarrrr

Cheers, Mike

boggle

Apr 7, 2007
Fairfax, VERMONT
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter

Well i'm on my 23rd day with the patch so far so good. One incentive i use is, I am hoping to buy a new jeep and since i stopped smokin i now have half the payment a month already available?? I never really thought about the cost financially. I was pretty edgy the first week to ten days. And i always seemed hungry?? So i chewed up a lot of coffee stirrers. The bonus is the amazing dreams you have while sleeping with the patch on!!! Has anyone else had this effect? Everyone hang in there, You can definitely handle this. ;)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

boggle said:
Well i'm on my 23rd day with the patch so far so good. One incentive i use is, I am hoping to buy a new jeep and since i stopped smokin i now have half the payment a month already available?? I never really thought about the cost financially. I was pretty edgy the first week to ten days. And i always seemed hungry?? So i chewed up a lot of coffee stirrers. The bonus is the amazing dreams you have while sleeping with the patch on!!! Has anyone else had this effect? Everyone hang in there, You can definitely handle this. ;)

DO NOT SLEEP WITH THE PATCH! LMAO... unless you want those drug induced dreams... :P We did joke abot that in teh beginning of the post someplace... :D

Boggle... I did not have you on my list in the first post! However... I will add you right now :) Great job! Keep it up!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Jeffro said:

How you doing, Jeffro?

I finally broke down and bought the chantix.
I'm on day 2. Wed Dec 5 is my quit date.
I WILL do it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread