The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

mrs.oroblanco said:
I have my fingers crossed for you, Jeffro - and everyone else.

Keep up the good work!!!

B

YES!! Me too! :) Jeffro... Ashleen... I'm pretty phyched for you guys! :)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Jim, are you smoking cigs again? If not, I am happy for you, buddy.

BDD...Kirk

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

KirkPA said:
Jim, are you smoking cigs again? If not, I am happy for you, buddy.

BDD...Kirk

Still smoke-free Kirky!

4 weeks, 1 day, 12 hours, 1 minute as of right now. :)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

This post is kinda dying a slow death! :D

I'm prolly going to stop posting here and let it go... :)

But, I am really hoping that everyone on that original list is healthy and happy... because that's all that matters!

Hang in there... if you need any support or have questions - keep posting! :-*

Montana Jim

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Ok Jim, you've :-* this thread goodbye at least twice now. Maybe you've transferred your addiction from cigs to this particular thread. This could make for an interesting situation, fight the urge to post here Jim see if you can do it buddy. :D Hey, that makes me wonder if Chantix will work for a TNet addiction. :o

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Thought I would stop by and sat "Howdy" to all you quitters........I am just shy of 3 months quitting myself and I can say that I really don't know what kept me smoking all those years as I can't think of anything that I have missed about it for the last 3 months. Anyway, glad to hear that you all are doing good.........HsmokelessH......gregd573

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

gregd573 said:
Thought I would stop by and sat "Howdy" to all you quitters........I am just shy of 3 months quitting myself and I can say that I really don't know what kept me smoking all those years as I can't think of anything that I have missed about it for the last 3 months. Anyway, glad to hear that you all are doing good.........HsmokelessH......gregd573
Great news Greg. I quit smoking and I also miss NOTHING about it either. ;D

Are you still smoke free Montana Jim? Digg? How are you doing Jeffro?? Kiwi, boggle, Ashleen, ben? And all the others? I wish you all well. I feel good for all of you that were able to quit. The rest of you do not need to hear any preaching. Keep trying. Eat a lot of hard candy. I wish you all good luck, good health and a Merry Christmas.

Oh, BTW, you can add me to the list of ex-smokers with an incurable lung disease most likely caused from years of smoking. Im allright for now and I feel good for those of you that have decided that good health and quality of life is most important and should not be taken for granted.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I've slipped a few times, but overall I'm pretty proud of myself. I smelled a person who smoked for the first time in years, LOL! Didn't really smell foul to me at all though. Not like some people make it out to be.

Finally got used to the Chantix, don't feel nauseous much anymore. It's more like I really don't care if I smoke or not... still takes some concentration to resist those times when you'd normally light up though.

I backed down the intensity a notch or two in class also- haven't had that feeling again, and my endurance seems to be getting slightly better.

Best of Luck to everyone who is struggling with this! :)

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Glad to hear that over all everybody is doing pretty good......so I might as well slip in a cheap.........."Season's Greetings" to all and to all a good nite.......HO, HO, HO..............

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

chantix for 6 weeks, that was 18 months ago and no cigs! i smoke a good small cigar from time to time and enjoy it. if i forget and even a little smoke goes in my lungs i almost die. i ride my bike and can chop wood without having to stop. i can breath hard and smile now. i wish anyone who is quitting the very best! now i gained 20lbs. the garden is comming in i plan to loose the extra lbs. :thumbsup:.....b

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

yes i can. i thank you, and back at you bigger! CAO Brazilla in the Piranha size i get at JR's $72.00 for 20 count box and they give you a few free to give your poker buds! peace and happiness to ya!........... b

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

A hearty congratulations to all you guys and gals partisipating in this smoke-out, and especially
to you Montana Jim for starting it. It was a great thing to get started and I sincerely hope you
are still a part of it. Nov. 1, 2008 is fast approaching. Everyone who does participate should
benifit in some way. My father died of lung cancer when I was about 3 years old, so I don't
remember him. That was over 60 years ago so they didn't have the pain killers then that they
have now. It must have been pretty rough on him, I am lucky that I was able to stick to a
decision mad at an early age not to smoke. From what I have seen, it takes a lot of will-
power and self control to quit after doing it for some time. but I know several people who
have. So more power to you folks working on it. Wishing you all the best for the strength
and will-power to reach your goal.

Ray Karenray08

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Thanks Ray...

I'm still smokless, and know others are too or tried their best. :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Surprisingly, it was easy for me to quit. I only thought it would be hard so I never really tried. I imagined failure. :icon_scratch: All those years of smokimg, ....I wish I had quit earlier.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better late than never. I'm on the list. Been a week now since my last one--and I'm doing much better. I haven't ripped anyone's face off yet, and I'm staying strong. I will quit for GOOD this time. :thumbsup:

I already feel better.

Thanks for the motivation, Jim--I wish I could've quit the first time when this thread was born...

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

BuckleBoy said:
Better late than never. I'm on the list. Been a week now since my last one--and I'm doing much better. I haven't ripped anyone's face off yet, and I'm staying strong. I will quit for GOOD this time. :thumbsup:

I already feel better.

Thanks for the motivation, Jim--I wish I could've quit the first time when this thread was born...

Best Wishes,

Buckles

If you need anything... support... whatever... drop me a line.

I'll be thinking about ya Buckles, good on ya!

I have not smoked 6,477 ciggys since I quit as of right now... they add up fast.

Dont make me come to KY and wrap my bounty hunter around your throat... :icon_sunny:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
BuckleBoy said:

I already feel better.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

I have not smoked 6,477 ciggys since I quit as of right now... they add up fast.

Dont make me come to KY and wrap my bounty hunter around your throat... :icon_sunny:

Jim, bring that Bounty Hunter down here and we'll get the Team together for a couple house sites anytime. :)

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy, Welcome to the List I am Most Proud to BE On :thumbsup:
Kia kaha, Mike

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:
BuckleBoy said:

I already feel better.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Jim, bring that Bounty Hunter down here and we'll get the Team together for a couple house sites anytime. :)

BB if you ever get the urge come on over to my house. You can second hand smoke at least two packs a day here and never have to light up! But on a serious note me and my wife will be next on the quitters list. We are going to do it!!!!! We may kill each other in the process but it will be done. We had a long talk about it the other night and agreed on how much of a nasty habit this is and neither of us want to watch the other one die from it, and just think of the money we will save. Between the two of us we put away at least two and a half packs a day times 3.50 a pack over a years time well you do the math but thats a lot of cash to put towards our house we are going to buy.

William if you do get the urge dont light up give me a call instead I will talk you through it!

KFB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread