The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

mrs.oroblanco said:
I light alot of cigarettes at the computer, can't say how many of them I actually smoke!!!

B

Hopefully your keyboard doesn't look like this poor guy's. LOL

smoking_keyboard_02.jpg

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA

Ok, put me down....

Trying to figure out what I'll do with my empty hand now. I wake up put on my shorts, grab some coffee, my smokes and hit the front porch. After meals are going to be the hardest, need something new for dessert.

I don't smoke in the house, kids and wife don't. Keep hearing my kids asking my wife when is daddy going to quit every time one of those commercials comes on TV. I have 26 years under my belt, not going to be easy.

Wish myself and everybody the best of luck.

BF750

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

BF750 said:
Ok, put me down....

Trying to figure out what I'll do with my empty hand now. I wake up put on my shorts, grab some coffee, my smokes and hit the front porch. After meals are going to be the hardest, need something new for dessert.

I don't smoke in the house, kids and wife don't. Keep hearing my kids asking my wife when is daddy going to quit every time one of those commercials comes on TV. I have 26 years under my belt, not going to be easy.

Wish myself and everybody the best of luck.

BF750

You are IN! Welcome aboard... :) Been about that long for me too... any idea HOW you think you might best stop?

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer

Hey everyone! Good luck and trust me you can do it!!!! I stoped 72 days ago and I was smoking at least 3 packs a day. It was not easy , the hardest thing is the actual habit not the cravings. I smoked doing everything this was hard to deal with but I have. I slipped and smoked one time at work but never again becouse that scared me into seeing how they had me by the um you what lol.
Just wanted to share with you guys that it is better after a while without them smokes.
Best Wishes, Ray

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silverfinder37 said:
Hey everyone! Good luck and trust me you can do it!!!! I stoped 72 days ago and I was smoking at least 3 packs a day. It was not easy , the hardest thing is the actual habit not the cravings. I smoked doing everything this was hard to deal with but I have. I slipped and smoked one time at work but never again becouse that scared me into seeing how they had me by the um you what lol.
Just wanted to share with you guys that it is better after a while without them smokes.
Best Wishes, Ray

Thanks for the encouragement Ray and good on YOU :)
I just today experienced another good reason to give up. Wife and I went to a buffet place for lunch and wondered why we got a discount on the prepay price.
I nearly choked (with laughter) on my lunch when I checked the receipt, we got the senior citizen discount ;D ;D ;D
Okay, my hair is all silver/white, but I am only 52!! Sheesh

I've decided that I'm not "giving up smoking" , I'm STOPPING
I believe you should not think of it as "making a personal sacrifice" - it's actually the exact opposite.

You/Me/Us are giving ourselves and our family and friends (at least the ones who like us :o ;D) a huge gift. All of us for a few more years.

Cheers, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

SMOKER'S PRAYER

Heavenly Father, hear my plea,
and grant my lungs serenity.
Give me strength to kick the smoking
that's been causing all my choking.

Let my breath be fresh and clean
without a trace of nicotine.
Each ciggie I smoke so often
Adds another nail in my coffin

Guide me Lord, by your holy means
past all those cigarette machines.
It hurts to hear My Loved ones say
kissing ya's like lickin' an ashtray.

Please oh Lord, Hear my voice,
Give me will power, while I have a choice.
I ask your help and it's no wonder
Because if I don't quit, I'm six feet under.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Montana Jim said:
OKAY Participants... and wow what a LIST!

How do you all plan to stop?

I will be using the patch... and a lot of gum & hard candies... and prolly complaining here a lot too... :D

Thanks again Jim for the great idea. I have been wanting to give it up again for a while and this is a great motivator. I will be using the patch too as it seems to take the edge off for that first month especially.

Good luck everyone. WE CAN DO IT!!

:)

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanksgiving will be four years for me. First couple of days are the worst. I used everything I could, roasted peanuts in the shell, gum, candy and cigars when I couldnt stand it anymore. Never even think about it anymore.
Good luck, you won't regret it.

Seahunter

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

There is only a few days left! :o

If you have been reading this and are sitting on the fence about quiting... you are welcome to join us... drop me a line or post here...

I'm going to buy my "patches" & "candy" today and am gearing up for the long haul... 8)

Everyone's support has been fantastic... and is VERY appreciated... all without being preachy which is the best! I expect more funny pictures and comments... laughter is the best medicine... :D

I'm proud of all of you that joined FelinePeachy and BuckleBoy and I...

Don't forget to download that counter to help you keep track of how well you are doing... I'm gonna download mine tomorrow...

HOLY CRAP... smoke free in a few days...

Remember... if you only make it one day... then you have been successful!

See ya in the funny pages...

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

"Remember, smoking doesn’t kill people.
People who are trying to quit smoking kill people."

"I stopped smoking and extended my life expectancy. My wife is furious."

LMAO :D :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

As Old Snaggletooth used to say, "Heavens to mergatroid". I may have to start without you all. :-\ I just looked in the carton and there's 3 packs left. I've got a box of Life Saver's candy canes left over from last year. It's either that or go raid the grandkids Halloween bags on the 31st. :P

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

man I want to but the wife keeps me going, she can smoke a few a day, and to my pack a day, I have ask her many time come babe, lets do it and she says it my thing at night to smake a couple with me and then we go to bed after, so now I want to quite cause my 14 year son wont help me work on my old mercury comet cars, so that one and two for me to quit, so put me down, my god this is going to way hard for me, I hope I can.

jc from ceres, ca

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
Marlboro... made in the USA...

The Marlboro Man...died in the USA...

Just one request--make sure you pull the photo of you enjoying that delicious cigarette down off this post Wednesday night! Oh, and thank you to whoever posted that gross photo of the singed computer keyboard. Yuck! That dude's fingertips are YELLOW.

-Buckles

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

dude95307 said:
man I want to but the wife keeps me going, she can smoke a few a day, and to my pack a day, I have ask her many time come babe, lets do it and she says it my thing at night to smake a couple with me and then we go to bed after, so now I want to quite cause my 14 year son wont help me work on my old mercury comet cars, so that one and two for me to quit, so put me down, my god this is going to way hard for me, I hope I can.

jc from ceres, ca

jc - Gotcha... :) You're going to do great... if it's your time, then it's your time...

Again - even if you go just the DAY you will be better off...

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

or she is trying to kill for my Metal Detector, your right, so right, I gotta do it.
jc

Montana Jim said:
dude95307 said:
man I want to but the wife keeps me going, she can smoke a few a day, and to my pack a day, I have ask her many time come babe, lets do it and she says it my thing at night to smoke a couple with me and then we go to bed after, so now I want to quite cause my 14 year son wont help me work on my old mercury comet cars, so that one and two for me to quit, so put me down, my god this is going to way hard for me, I hope I can.

jc from ceres, ca

jc - Gotcha... :) You're going to do great... if it's your time, then it's your time...

Again - even if you go just the DAY you will be better off...

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Well Howdy Montana Jim,

You can add me to your list of non-skokers if you like. I actually quit on the 17th of September and it has been a blast. I cheated though, I used a Doctor prescribed drug for 2 weeks. (Chantex)........it is absolutley the best for quitters. I got a month supply (a little over $100 worth) and took 2 weeks worth. I have no desire at all for a smoke, it is really great. So, if any of ya all really want to quit try Chantex.....good luck to all.......HH, gregd573

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

gregd573 said:
Well Howdy Montana Jim,

You can add me to your list of non-skokers if you like. I actually quit on the 17th of September and it has been a blast. I cheated though, I used a Doctor prescribed drug for 2 weeks. (Chantex)........it is absolutley the best for quitters. I got a month supply (a little over $100 worth) and took 2 weeks worth. I have no desire at all for a smoke, it is really great. So, if any of ya all really want to quit try Chantex.....good luck to all.......HH, gregd573

Excellent! And good news about a product that works... Thanks! You're on the list!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread