The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

Only a couple days to go until we are smoke free. I plan on quitting cold turkey but l have already started cutting myself back a couple of smokes at a time, tomorrow I am going to see how long I go before I light up. I for one will miss the habit itself, but look forward to my clothes not smelling like an ash tray.
Well guys/gals best of luck to everyone and remember that you are not the only one out there shaking, bitchy and wants to snap off someones head, several of us is right there with you. I would also try chewing on licorice, like twizzlers, that way you have something in your hand you can knaw away on. I wish everyone a very strong healthy new start.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Do Not Skip Meals - Each puff of nicotine was your spoon releasing stored fats and sugars into your bloodstream. It allowed you to skip meals without experiencing wild blood-sugar swing symptoms such as an inability to concentrate or hunger related anxieties. Don't add needless symptoms to withdrawal but instead learn to spread your normal daily calorie intake out more evenly over the entire day. Don't eat more food but less food more often.

Drink plenty of acidic fruit juice the first three days. Cranberry is excellent and a bottle will cost you about the same as a pack of cigarettes. It will help to both accelerate the up to 72 hours needed to remove the alkaloid nicotine from your body and help stabilize blood sugars. Take care beyond three days as juices can be rather fattening.

Caffeine/Nicotine Interaction - Amazingly, nicotine somehow doubles the rate by which the body depletes caffeine. Yes, your blood-serum caffeine level will double if no caffeine intake reduction is made when quitting. Although not a problem for most light to moderate caffeine users, consider cutting caffeine intake by roughly half if troubled by anxieties or experiencing difficulty relaxing or sleeping.

The Smoking Dream - Be prepared for an extremely vivid smoking dream as tobacco odors released by horizontal healing lungs are swept up bronchial tubes by rapidly healing cilia and come in contact with a vastly enhanced sense of smell. See it as the wonderful sign of healing it reflects and nothing more.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

gypsyheart said:
Do Not Skip Meals - Each puff of nicotine was your spoon releasing stored fats and sugars into your bloodstream. It allowed you to skip meals without experiencing wild blood-sugar swing symptoms such as an inability to concentrate or hunger related anxieties. Don't add needless symptoms to withdrawal but instead learn to spread your normal daily calorie intake out more evenly over the entire day. Don't eat more food but less food more often.

Drink plenty of acidic fruit juice the first three days. Cranberry is excellent and a bottle will cost you about the same as a pack of cigarettes. It will help to both accelerate the up to 72 hours needed to remove the alkaloid nicotine from your body and help stabilize blood sugars. Take care beyond three days as juices can be rather fattening.

Caffeine/Nicotine Interaction - Amazingly, nicotine somehow doubles the rate by which the body depletes caffeine. Yes, your blood-serum caffeine level will double if no caffeine intake reduction is made when quitting. Although not a problem for most light to moderate caffeine users, consider cutting caffeine intake by roughly half if troubled by anxieties or experiencing difficulty relaxing or sleeping.

The Smoking Dream - Be prepared for an extremely vivid smoking dream as tobacco odors released by horizontal healing lungs are swept up bronchial tubes by rapidly healing cilia and come in contact with a vastly enhanced sense of smell. See it as the wonderful sign of healing it reflects and nothing more.

Thanks Gypsy... Those paragraphs explain a lot about what we will face... and what we need to be paying attention to.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Send your Smokes to me

I'll Burn them for you ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

You can also spend time at the local library doing research...no smoking there and you'd be suprised how much time flies by when you're having fun. I've been known to spend 4-5 hours just looking in the historical section. Just be prepared to pop a hard candy or sucker when you leave.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

One more day kids... smoke 'em if ya' got 'em...

I'm so ready to START! I have candies and patches all lined up and ready to use...

I'm a little scared too... I'm gonna miss the "comfort zone". I admit it - but been there before and I know the feeling passes quickley.

Cheers to you all!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

I'm a little nervous too. I plan on taking all the lighters out of the vehicles, from work & home, and tossing them tomorrow night. They pick up trash Thurs. morning. I've also warned everone around me what I'm doing and already planning on pleading temporary insanity just in case. ;)

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi, Kia ora, to you all, you other future sweet breaths ;D
It's about 4 hours (now 3) before I stop smoking, when midnight kicks in.
I'm feeling positive, determined, it's my life and I'll stop smoking if I want to
and this time it's going to happen for Good.

And if I want a puff,
I'll have one or two,
then no doubt dizzily,
stub the bastard out!

;)

I'm going to concentrate on my new future,
clean lungs at last,
lungs that last

I'll be thinking of you all
and I certainly hope,
I'll be leading by example

Cheers, Mike

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Felinepeachy said:
Everyone don't forget to dowload your meter.

I'm going to go do that right now... Thanks for the reminder...

Everyone: The link is near the beginning of this post....

Peachy - how was the examination last night? LMAO ::)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

A couple more hours left. I hope everyone is ready (and willing).

3 hrs 8 mns.... blah blah left (got the meter on my tube.

I have 4 cigs left, puffin them down before I go to bed then free of it in the morning.
Got my patches, sticking one on first thing in the morning, and hard candies for the car rides to and from work.

We can do it!!

Good luck everyone!! :)

Charles Oak Island NC

Sep 12, 2007
Oak Island and Uwharrie, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Tesoro PIranha, Minelab MusketeerX, Garrett 350

I'll be heading out tomorrow morning for several days of panning and the opening of black powder season in the National Forrest. I'll be thinking about you all and know you will do good in your kicking the habit. Hang tough "ain't nothing but a thing" I know some of you have handle a lot worse. heck, if I can got from 3 packs a day to cold turkey for the past 16 years I know you all can do it.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Charles said:
just think 2 packs a day would be a monthly motorcycle payment ;D

Hmmmm... another bike? AWESOME! :)

3 hours 25 minutes...

I look for forward to seeing you succeed and will be watching closely!

Charles Oak Island NC

Sep 12, 2007
Oak Island and Uwharrie, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Tesoro PIranha, Minelab MusketeerX, Garrett 350

Montana Jim said:
Charles said:
just think 2 packs a day would be a monthly motorcycle payment ;D

Hmmmm... another bike? AWESOME! :)

3 hours 25 minutes...

I look for forward to seeing you succeed and will be watching closely!

yea, that was directed at you. that's a moral buster, you might want a 1200 to just scoot around on. was just sitting here looking at a bike on HD trade and realized mine looked just like it with out the 2 up seat and rear box. looked like a road king with upper faring. Do good will be checking in on you when I get back. ride with pride and be safe bro.
smoke free for 16 years ;D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Well good morning all you non smokers. As I mentioned in my earlier post I've been smoke free since june 14th, also my honeys b-day. So I know where your all at this a.m. Trust me this will get easier as time passes. remember to take it day by day, hour by hour and min by min you can do this. I just wanted to be the first one this A.M. to welcome and congratulate you all on the rest of your smoke free lives.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

for those that continue to smoke
smokin_rednecks.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread