The heat was hot...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
and pennies everywhere!!! I had to drive my girlfriend 70 miles to watch her son perform today and on the way noticed two school tot lots. Dropped her off and hit school #1 and the digging began, have I mentioned pennies yet??? Well, I dug a ton of pennies and even a dime or two. Found three junk rings and a cheapo necklace too. I just became too hot so left without finishing the lot and cooled down as I headed to the other school. Same dance there, a ton of pennies along with a few other pieces of change and a small knife as well. I did the same there, leaving without finishing the tot lot again. I was using my Ace 250 and had no drink or cell phone or anything. This was not the place to be without watching who was looking or coming close. You might call it a bad part of town. I think with water to drink I may have stayed, but four hours was enough today. My totals were:

16 Quarters
39 Dimes
19 Nickels
141 pennies
3 Canadian pennies
218 coins $10.29

Attachments

• 0808 001.jpg
    0808 001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 689
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice haul,you did very well!! WTG

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack, All I can say is WOW !
and
What a huge haul of treasure. Well done.
If you keep finding tons like that, you're going to have to invest in a fork-hoist :D

Cheers, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now we know what happened to the piggy banks. WTG but even in a tot lot that's a lot of bending!
HH and keep it swinging.

Desertfox

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
treasureguy said:
Sweet 4 hours, 200+ WOW, must of been loaded, great going

I left pennies everywhere at both schools!

R

RUDY2003

Thats some hard diggins Jack!
Nice big pile of coin.....

Keep safe...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack glad you got the pic up! Nice job....the tot lots seem to reseed themselves too! So hopefully they are not to far out of your way for a return trip down the road... I am taking a few off...but detector will be in back of car during travels...if I see a tot lot...days off cancelled! ;D

My best tot lot day was 98 coins...I counted then went into field to make sure I crossed 100 that day... :D

Keep it up...I still when I see all the pennies pick them up hoping one is a wheat penny...had a surface coin spill two weeks ago all shiney new clad..but there was a wheatie with it...you never know! ;)

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
The "heat was hot" is from the song I've been through the desert on a "horse with no name" by America. The title should also have said 200+ coin day, that is a major accomplishment and congratulations!. I want to go for 200, but I have the hardest time digging stinkie zinkies. Again, great job...Ryan

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D I don't think Kirk The Dude is old enough to remember A Horse With No Name, let alone America ???
HH and keep a swinging

Desertfox

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
utah hunter said:
The "heat was hot" is from the song I've been through the desert on a "horse with no name" by America. The title should also have said 200+ coin day, that is a major accomplishment and congratulations!. I want to go for 200, but I have the hardest time digging stinkie zinkies. Again, great job...Ryan

I did it once this year...unless i have a major coin spill or a easy pickins tot lot that was enough....to much heat...

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
DFX-Gregg said:
Jack glad you got the pic up! Nice job....the tot lots seem to reseed themselves too! So hopefully they are not to far out of your way for a return trip down the road... I am taking a few off...but detector will be in back of car during travels...if I see a tot lot...days off cancelled! ;D

My best tot lot day was 98 coins...I counted then went into field to make sure I crossed 100 that day... :D

Keep it up...I still when I see all the pennies pick them up hoping one is a wheat penny...had a surface coin spill two weeks ago all shiney new clad..but there was a wheatie with it...you never know! ;)

Gregg, not sure if they had been hunted to be honest because very few had that shiny just lost look. It seems anymore people don't try to pick up pennies and I know I had to have left a couple hundred between schools. The schools are around 65 miles from here so unless I'm driving to the area not going to make a special trip for a pocketfull of pennies...but if I have to take her back I will hit them!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
I like your title! hahah Isn't heat supposed to be hot? hahaha Keep it up, buddy!

Its from a song from the 70's, before your time!! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
utah hunter said:

Thats the song and Ryan, if you hit a school like either one of these you would have no problem with a 200 coin day, especially if you liked picking up pennies!!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang you really need to carry water with you! Just no unopen can soft drinks, I just had one blow up in my car this week and it was not pretty!!!!

Be careful and be safe at all times

that was a lot of pennies

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
When you're hot, your're hot!! Way to go on that 200+. It seems like dimes run a close second for not being picked up. It's allways nice to find a spot no one has hit before, or at least for a very long time. Way to go Bud!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread