The ''Hunted Out'' Roman Field - Day 2...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Cru'dad dropped me off in the morning I wanted to change my angle of attack & grid the furthest point from the Roman Site. I also wanted to do full lengths of the field making each run 25 minutes & the biggest grid I have attempted. This was to sample both ends of the field at once. I also thought it was a more likely area for hammered. Which proved to be right after just less than 5 minutes! Kiss of Death! (plus 1 Roman coin) I did 3 hours 15 minutes before Cru'dad joined me for Lunch & we switch to the Roman area for 2 hrs 15 minutes.
Although the finds are spread about in a large area they can be from any period from Bronze Age - Modern, so that makes it interesting & worth the effort when no other options are available (minus 1 grass field we need to blind hunt).

17th C Button
18th C Militia Button
18th C Cuff-link with a couple kissing & the words 'LOVE FOR LO'[VE]. Never had this type, so a nice addition.8-)
17th C Buckle
Lead Cloth Seal
Watch Winder
Tudor Strapend
Bronze Age? Awl
6 Roman Coins
King John circa 1200 Hammered (cut farthing) of a SCARCE mint - Rochester (one I need):icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 31

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job CRU you could buil a museum around those farm fields. I dream of the day I find a place to hunt thats worth digging every signal My town was founded in 1817 no battles though I assure you it could have been a great battle site lol Plus there is alot of trash. I mean alot of trash. Thanks for sharing my friend. Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread