Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Iceburg Hunt 12/23 - 1908-S Barber Half

Thanks very much all. Skrimpy and Trash Digger that really stinks. I'm in a similar situation with an 1835 home. A friend had spent 15 minutes there and found a large cent, so I KNOW there's old, old coins there. They've been giving me vague answers for 2 years regarding permission.

I was telling Mirage how a barber half would be great to find at this site just a week ago. Maybe I should start talking about finding a peace dollar... :D
MC and HH all!!

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

Nate very nice finds.Congrats on finding that beautiful half.Keep up the good work and keep us posted.Merry Xmas~DigMo

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Re: One and One Hundred and One at the Iceberg

Wow Mirage-101 wheats.That's amasing.Nice merc too.Love those pics.Really enjoy your stories from the berg.You all keep up the good work and have a Merry Xmas~DigMo

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Amazing, Nate! I bet you're ears are still ringing! :o :o

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 12-23 Hunt at the 'Berg...first 2X big silver day for me and big$ coin for N

Amazing, Danimal!! Fantastic coins!! :o :o

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Nate, those are some awesome finds. I really like the Barber Quarter. Congratulations!

Hope you all get back to the Iceberg some more this year. Hope the weather holds out for Jan..

HH,Ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds you guys. I really love the Barber Quarter. All your finds and pictures are at the top!

Nate, after you have been hunting a few years, you will find a sort of intuition into finding items. You think to yourself, man I haven't found a gold ring, or barber dime, or a seated something and BANG!, up pops something that you have been thinking about. Don't ask me how it works. You can't just think of those things all the time, it is just a spur of the moment when the thought pops into your head and up it pops out of the ground.

Hope you guys have a few more days at this site this year and early next year. Gary and I are going to try and hit our Happy Trails next week. See what we can end up the year with.

Hope you and yours have a Great Christmas and a Very Happy Metal Detecting New Year.

HH< Ringfinder

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks ringfinder...actually it's a half dollar 8) . Yeah, and you know, what's crazy is that among all of us, we've got a seated, V nickels, barbers, SLQs, and even a morgan dollar, and 1133 wheats, but still no IH. But otherwise everything's fantastic. Hope to return at least once more soon. Good luck to both of you at the Happy Trails...merry Christmas and HH

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nate in Ohio said:
Thanks ringfinder...actually it's a half dollar 8) . Yeah, and you know, what's crazy is that among all of us, we've got a seated, V nickels, barbers, SLQs, and even a morgan dollar, and 1133 wheats, but still no IH. But otherwise everything's fantastic. Hope to return at least once more soon. Good luck to both of you at the Happy Trails...merry Christmas and HH

OOPS!, Sorry bout that Nate, Those darn coins look so much alike. I know they don't look alike when you find one! You know with all the memorial penny's you have found, I bet most of them are from the early '60's. I know a lot of the memorials we have found at the Happy Trails site are. Of course we find newer coins, that's because they are still using part of our site.

HH, Ringfinder.

P.S. You know there has to be IH's at your site, you just haven't found the right spot yet. Keep searching, just think of the good coins your going to find looking for those pesky IH's, LOL, I'll take your Barber Half anyday!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage, you guys are doing great! As for Dan, Get a pair of knee pads at Wal-Mart, I think they sell for $4. They really help and keep your knees cleaner.

I am having some trouble typing the cat is sitting beside my laptop. He like the heat!

Well keep at it, we want to see more while you guys are off for the Christmas Holiday.

HH,Ringfinder

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

awesome stuff yet again! :o

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 12-23 Hunt at the 'Berg...first 2X big silver day for me and big$ coin for Nate!

Way to go Dan, I love your EYES. LOL I know the feeling finding two Fine Ladies in one day. Been There Done That!. I'm glad Nate came up with that Barber Half also. Guess it's Bobs turn next.

You guys need someone to tag along Tuesday, let me know. I bet Gary and I would be up for the Drive!!! LOL

HH, Ringfinder

P

pickaway

Great finds!That snowman pic cracked me up. ;D

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 12-23 Hunt at the 'Berg...first 2X big silver day for me and big$ coin for N

I love following this story.. Thanks guys and congrats....What else is there to say that hasn't been said. I HIGH FIVE you all for those great finds.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, nice job Nate, Merry Christmas.

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Mirage, Merry Christmas

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds...you guys must be close to draining that iceburg...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread