OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and you like to discount information while dancing a little side step, a Virginia reel, full of sound and fury, but never revealing an actual fact in support of your remarks. ???

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"In the spring, about this time, he (Beale) again left, but before doing so, handed me (Morriss) the box".-The Beale Papers

The iron box, with the ciphers , according to the job print pamphlet was in the possession of Robert Morriss when he was at his niece's (Anzoletta Saunders) home when he told the story to the "unknown author".
"the required promise was given, and the box and contents were placed in my ("unknown author") hands".

This "unknown author" had possession of the iron box, ciphers, and letters since the "2nd year of the Confederate War", then he contacted James Beverly Ward:
"The gentleman whom I have selected as my agent...was ignorant of this episode in Mr Morriss' career, until the manuscript was placed in his hands".

Ward only received the finished manuscript written by and from this "unknown author", but never saw the iron box, the ciphers the letters-
What became of the iron box and this "unknown author"?

N H Hazelwood involved the Hart brothers by having Clayton Hart copy papers covered with numbers, without mentioning Thomas J Beale...
...and most important, NO MENTION of the iron box, and the HART PAPERS never mentions the iron box.

Then in the early 1960's, George Hart introduces Pauline Innis to a member of the Otey family, who shows Innis an iron box with that numbers covered torn slip of paper.

When did George Hart learn about this iron box considering that an iron box was never mentioned in the HART PAPERS, how did the Otey family come into possession of this iron box, AND, most important, is this the iron box the "unknown author" received from Robert Morriss as mentioned in the Beale Papers.

If this is "THE IRON BOX", there are several missing links in the chain of possession before it was shown to Innis.
...AND, as with anything claimed to be connected to the Beale story, whereabouts unknown.

Please share a copy of this...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you like to discount information while dancing a little side step, a Virginia reel, full of sound and fury, but never revealing an actual fact in support of your remarks. ???

You guys need to find some treasures.....seems a little void of the "Gold and Glory" promised by the KGC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread