The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"History is written by the victors." -- Winston Churchill . . . or was it?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We also must remember how, even where documentation is readily available AND up to date, it's use is all too often subjective in nature.
...and there are several examples of that "subjective" on this thread in the mixing of fact with speculative fiction.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and there are several examples of that "subjective" on this thread in the mixing of fact with speculative fiction.

Not so much where good documentation is readily available. But good does not always mean up to date, whereby the true history can be legitimately and sometimes substantially changed with new and proven discoveries. Or even via the inclusion of previously known but withheld/ignored/misinterpreted evidence.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"History is written by the victors." -- Winston Churchill . . . or was it?

Yes and the victors only record history the way they want others to view history. Just like China is doing now with thousands of people killed and they do not want their people to know it. I have seen the same on treasure stories in magazines. I refuted several treasure stories with documents from history to prove that the treasure story never happened. When I would pick up a new magazine BAM there was the story reprinted all over again as it has been repeated over and over as a treasure to find when in fact the story never happened. You take the $330,000 supposedly buried by Mosby after the capture of Gen. Stoughton----------never happened. But yet the story is always brought up as one of the ten best treasures to find in Virginia. Tourism or lack of a story keeps the story alive.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post , Franklin.
Another example how 1% fact gets wrapped in 99% fiction then gets passed around and around many times until it appears to be total fact to the unknowledgeable history novice. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Despite your attempts to cherry-pick-apart any theories which don't align with whatever YOU have decided is factual.
I'm not sure you even have a theory......do you ?? As in.....who,what, when and why ?
I have not "cherry-pick-apart any theories" except when they were posted as being FACT.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , No one has ever mentioned the migration of Rattus Rattus to North America . Didn,t happen till the start of the 1700 's but came on ships from Asia rather than Europe .Where they had been in Europe since the 11 century. TP

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Prieur de Sion, usually rendered in English translation as Priory of Sion or Priory of Zion, has, since the 1970s, been an elusive protagonist in many works of pseudohistory. It has been characterized as anything from the most influential secret society in Western history to a modern Rosicrucian-esque ludibrium, but, ultimately, has been proven to be a hoax created by Pierre Plantard. Most of the evidence presented in support of claims pertaining to its historical existence, let alone significance, has not been considered authentic or persuasive by established historians, academics, and universities.
Pierre Plantard with help from others created the Priory of Sion in 1956 with a genealogy list proving he was a descendant of the French Merovingian Kings who claimed royal blood, SANGREAL, descent from Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
Plantard claimed he was elected Grand Master of the Priory of Sion in 1981, and much of Baigert, Leigh, and Lincoln's "HOLY BLOOD,HOLY GRAIL is based on Plantard's DOSSIERS SECRETS's fabricated genealogy lists.

"What eventually emerges from the welter of names, dates, maps, and genealogical tables crammed inti "HOLY BLOOD,HOLY GRAIL" is a yarn about a secret and hugely influential society called the Priory of Sion, founded in Jerusalem in 1099...
All the usual suspects and accouterments of period history get caught up in this thousand year jaunt. The Cathar heretics, the Knights Templar, the Rosicrucians, the Vatican, the Freemasons, Nazis, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the Golden Dawn- everyone except the Abominable Snowman seems to be in on this game. "HOLY BLOOD,HOLY GRAIL is a masterpiece of insinuation and supposition , employing all the techniques of pseudohistory to symphonic effect..."
-Laura Miller, NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW, February 22, 2004

Much of the "evidence" presented on this thread of the Templars in Nova Scotia/Oak Island originated from Plantard's fabrications and the quasi alternative history created by Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln and those who joined the fantasy ride of conspiracy history, Picknett and Prince.

Super Dog

Jun 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nights templar.

Sounds like a mold that a woman would make a man out of.

Super Dog

Jun 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to see where Cain is Buried allan? Lil Itu's Pl..jpg

Super Dog

Jun 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alan you forgot some things can't be seen in this light. snake and birdhouse..jpg

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I’m just going to let this one play itself out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are just mad cos you didn't find it and I did!!!

SD, please do not spam forums with music videos like that again, it is considered spamming and you were doing it just to make members angry.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This is only a forum for discussion and that is all that you will get from me.
It is enough for me to write that the three of them are creditable Templar historians.
Now where is your information that they only write alternative Templar history?
You made that statement, now show me why I shouldn't believe them.
You can discredit a good historian and not back it up?

Addison, Haag, and Read were not lettered or credited academic historians, but authors who wrote historical books about the Templars.
The alternative Templar history is not theirs, but yours when you name drop them before going into highly suspect "facts" from Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln's "HOLY BLOOD,HOLY GRAIL", alluding that this information came from "well respected credible Templar historians" instead of fill in the blanks pseudo history of quasi historians that utilized minimal fact to prove imaginative fiction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread