The last unplanted field in Germany, not really but...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at a map yesterday in search of a lake with a sandy beach, found a lake about 25 minutes away but I wasn't sure if it was a swim lake so I checked it. It was a bust, just a fish pond without a sandy beach I was hoping for. Did get this picture of two swans at their nest. Surprised they let me get so close, as beautiful as they are, they are mean and aggressive birds.
3May06swans.jpg

On the way to the pond, I found the last unplanted field in Germany, LOL. Stopped there on my way back and fortunately, the farmer was spraying a wheat field next to it and gave me permission and a good laugh. As I was getting ready to detect, I looked down at the gravel road and saw a coin. I couldn't believe it, a 1921 aluminum 50 Pfennig coin just laying there in the gravel. Hasn't been in circulation for more than 70 years.
3May0650Pfen.jpg

I started detecting the field and found a worn coin right away, I was thinking this is going to be a great hunt but detected for close to an hour and only found a few pieces of trash so I started my way back to the car as it was a hot sunny day and it was beating me down.
3May06coinsO.jpg

As I got close to the car, I found the 1861 copper and that put another smile on my face. The farmer stopped by and wanted to try the detector after I showed him the coins so I tossed a coin down and let him swing over it. He was impressed, I thanked him for the permission and we drove off. It was a good day. HH, Mike
3May06coinsR.jpg

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Lucky find ,that first one in the gravel! WTG.
The Swans are beautiful. I had 133 of them come into my bay earlier this spring. They are just protecting their nest...I get them to eat right from my hand after their eggs hatch...

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments, Gypsy, that is cool about the swans. HH, Mike

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
looks like you found really the last unplanted field, Mike, I do not see them anymore...

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even one is better that none, you got three keepers! Congrats!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those days, Kind of had one of those today! Hope the luck keeps up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread