the longest skunk streak is OVER

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I haven't posted much lately, but decided this was worth posting.

I quit doing boxes of halves quite some time ago. the Phoenix area has a machine that I was told about that searches for fake halves as they package them. It also inadvertently (Yeah, right) takes out the silver. It started a few years ago, and is used by most of the banks in the Phoenix area. So my skunk streak started and got worse and worse. It just wasn't worth it to get boxes. I've done well with getting Ikes, and have done dimes, pennies and nickels, but not halves.

Every six months or so I order about 8 boxes of halves, just to get the newest NIFC. I haven't ordered in a while, but need the 2015P and 2015D for the book. I figure they might be floating around by now, so I ordered my first two.

The first one had some NIFC, but not 2015. It also had no silver. That became skunk #112 in a row. Yes, that is correct. You can see my old posts where I was griping about 50, then 70, then 80 and 90. Just kept going, until I quit. With the few here and there, it had jumped to 111 by this month. Box #113 was looking like another skunk, when in the second to last roll I found a lone 1968. YEA! Only one, but after 112 skunks in a row, and not even doing the halves in boxes anymore, to have this one slip through and be in a box, was a positive for me.

SO the streak ends. 112 skunks in a row. Over a 2 year period, since mostly I quit after so many in 2014. But the streak is over, and shall never be broken by ME, since I shall still only do about 8 boxes every 6 months looking for the NIFC new ones. I still do CWR, but not boxes of halves.

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stronger man than i

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a 2015-D in a box a few weeks back. PRISTINE MS, put that find on Feebay the next day. I have been pulling a bunch of immaculate clad halves for a few weeks now. they may have been sitting untouched for years until some lame-o put them in the pool. anything over face is a win!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that you were able to break that skunk streak! Maybe try ordering a little more frequently. An order every month or so should give you an idea on whether the machine is still culling or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread