The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
hello eagle i have your thread on my favorites. i enjoy reading everybodys posts. you have a talent to bring people together.i wish you a happy thanksgiving. thank you dave

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CharlesP, where's all the gold at? I keep seeing new holes here and there, is that you?

Eagle, I was reading some of the post over at nuggetshooter.com and thought you might wanna take a look at this.

How The Earth Was Made - America's Gold

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey eagle

Hope all is well. That necklace sure is a beauty. Happy trails friend. Btw my best friend is addicted to your thread. He's a history teacher and said your post is one of the best things he's ever read! Thanks
Some addictions are not all that bad. (lol)

Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello eagle i have your thread on my favorites. i enjoy reading everybodys posts. you have a talent to bring people together.i wish you a happy thanksgiving. thank you dave
Halito Dave,

Thanks for the great compliment!! I hope you and all my friends had a happy thanksgiving.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito mariposagoldbag,

Interesting link. I was struck by the gyser formations that only took 40 years to build up.

They've also found that there is a bacteria that extracts nano particals out of water and deposits it in vugs or cavities in quartz.

Well, we learn something new every day. (If we keep our eyes open). (lol)

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome video Goldbag. It makes so much more sense why gold is where you find it. Take care, good talking with you and your buddy tonight.

Eagle, I went to the river and it was terrible, but it was a goodtime. I found some float gold but nothing worth the drive. Btw I got a new sluice called the bazooka gold trap. You ever heard of that sluice? If so what ya think?

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome video Goldbag. It makes so much more sense why gold is where you find it. Take care, good talking with you and your buddy tonight.

Eagle, I went to the river and it was terrible, but it was a goodtime. I found some float gold but nothing worth the drive. Btw I got a new sluice called the bazooka gold trap. You ever heard of that sluice? If so what ya think?
Halito CharlesP,

I'd never heard of it before your post. I went into their website last night to check it out. I wasn't really impressed with their presentation though. Photos don't put the story across too well. I think they would increase their sales tremendously if they would put in a video of it in operation. I guess in this case, you should tell me what you think of it. (Or have you had the opportunity to test it out yet)?

Incidentally; If anybody is interested, with the help of mariposagoldbag, (which I'm very greatful for), I've rented a place in the area of Oakhurst. Hopefully, I'll be moving up there on, or around, the 1st of January. Thank you mariposagoldbag!!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you'll be closer to a place you enjoy and can call 'Home'.
Thank you calisdad!!

One of the great things is, I'll be much closer to my Tnet friends. Perhaps once I'm settled in, you and I can connect for that long over-due meeting. (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little information I'd like to share with my California readers; About a month ago, my Ford Explorer failed the smog test. (Just at idle, NOX). A couple of mechanics gave me prices of $200 to $250 to get it to pass the test.

Then one mechanic told me to go to an auto parts and get a bottle of "'CRC' Guaranteed to pass" fuel additive and just follow directions. I did as he suggested and just got home from the test station. It passed with flying colors. If it had not passed, at least 'CRC' would have given me "double my money back".

At $12.00 per bottle, it was well worth the price.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Halito CharlesP,

I'd never heard of it before your post. I went into their website last night to check it out. I wasn't really impressed with their presentation though. Photos don't put the story across too well. I think they would increase their sales tremendously if they would put in a video of it in operation. I guess in this case, you should tell me what you think of it. (Or have you had the opportunity to test it out yet)?

Incidentally; If anybody is interested, with the help of mariposagoldbag, (which I'm very greatful for), I've rented a place in the area of Oakhurst. Hopefully, I'll be moving up there on, or around, the 1st of January. Thank you mariposagoldbag!!

Congrats Eagle, city ain't no place for a guy with the lifetime fever.....

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Eagle, city ain't no place for a guy with the lifetime fever.....
You got that right Brother!! I've been in this city for 12 years and hating every minute of it. (lol) Gotta get where the gold is.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Eagle! And nice work Mariposagoldbag! This whole time I was kicking myself for not getting back out the river when you were down. Now you'll be less than an hour away. Sweet.

Mayor

Apr 3, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news Eagle. Here is a little bit of a Bob Dylan song that somehow reminds me of you, hope you like it and your new home. Mayor
Well my heart’s in the Highlands gentle and fair
Honeysuckle blooming in the wildwood air
Bluebelles blazing where the Aberdeen waters flow
Well my heart’s in the Highlands
I’m gonna go there when I feel good enough to go

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news Eagle. Here is a little bit of a Bob Dylan song that somehow reminds me of you, hope you like it and your new home. Mayor
Well my heart’s in the Highlands gentle and fair
Honeysuckle blooming in the wildwood air
Bluebelles blazing where the Aberdeen waters flow
Well my heart’s in the Highlands
I’m gonna go there when I feel good enough to go
Thank you Mayor!! I/ve always liked Bob Dylan's style. Though that last line could read:
"I'm gonna go there when I can afford to go". (lol)

Right now, I'm trying to scrape up enough cash to drive to Merced to pick up a small utility trailer. I need it to transport my "stuff". Perhaps in the next few days(?).

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tools of the "Trade".

Tools of the Trade

I was sitting here this morning, just thinking about the "Old Timers" and how much gold they took out of the hills of California, and it ocurred to me that the ones that were successful, were successful because they utilized all of the tools they had at their disposal.

Today, we can get into our cars with 600 pounds of equipment and travel 100 miles in considerately less time than it took them to traverse 5 to 10 miles, with a pack mule loaded with 150 pounds of "necessaries".

We can pull a large, four man tent out of our 600 pounds and have it ready to live in, in a matter of minutes. We unfold our table, sit our Coleman stove on it and can be cooking our dinner while they would still be scouting around for materials to make a temporary shelter to sleep in. AND, we still have 570 pounds of "stuff" in our vehicles to eat and work with.

But, are we really utilising ALL of the tools we have available? For most of us; probably not. We get up in the morning, load up our camping equipment, our metal detectors, gold pan(s), a few hand tools and perhaps a sluice box, then we’re ready to hit the road.

O.K. you think, I have everything I need for the next week or two, so I’m sure I’ll get some gold. So, off you go, into the wild.

And, you eventually get there, after a stop to top off your tank. And, oh yeah, a couple of stops along the way at a convenient McD’s or KFC. Hey, got to keep your strength up for a successful prospecting venture.

Finally, after (pehaps) three hours of tediously traversing the ups and downs of the rolling hills, you arrive at your destination, only to exclaim; “dammit, all of the parking spaces are full”!!

Now, you realise that you don’t have one of the most basic tools available to todays prospectors;
a topographical map. So, what’s up, didn’t you think you might need to find your way around?

Let’s go over a few easily obtainable items that the successful “49er” DIDN’T HAVE.

Topographical maps
GPS systems
Metal detectors
Light-weight sluices
Light-weight plastic gold pans
Gasoline powered water pumps (For high-bankers, etc.)
Many types of inflatable devices to float equiptment across the river to that “special spot”
Not only picks and shovels, BUT, “highly specialized” prospectors picks and shovels
Tons of “specialized” crevass tools, with more being developed every year
(Snifters, suckers, scrapers, long handled lifting spoons) and the list goes on and on
Then, what has become a favorite of mine!

Last but definitely not least:

(To be continued)

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little information I'd like to share with my California readers; About a month ago, my Ford Explorer failed the smog test. (Just at idle, NOX). A couple of mechanics gave me prices of $200 to $250 to get it to pass the test.

Then one mechanic told me to go to an auto parts and get a bottle of "'CRC' Guaranteed to pass" fuel additive and just follow directions. I did as he suggested and just got home from the test station. It passed with flying colors. If it had not passed, at least 'CRC' would have given me "double my money back".

At $12.00 per bottle, it was well worth the price.

If Mariposa county is like its neighbor Tuolumne, you won't have to smog your truck again until you sell it. :D

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Mariposa county is like its neighbor Tuolumne, you won't have to smog your truck again until you sell it. :D
Which might be one of the many reasons why I should have moved many moons ago, :BangHead:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you get to merced give me a ring. Btw If there is a way I can help you out message me. I look forward to seeing the eagle fly in the mariposa county again. . Peace to you my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread