The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EagleDown.....send me the link to check out (I forget to add a link here and there too sometimes - smile).....You know, you are right! I was pondering that today.....why make a 150 mile drive (one way) when there are so many "goodies" near to me.....we must be psychically connected (smile).....I will make that trip one day, but am second guessing that decision right now....why?....I LQQKed up the sunrise and sunset times (Sunrise 6:58am - Sunset 4:41pm), and it really doesn't give me much time in a day to go on a full one day "recon" trip....I could leave here and arrive there as the sun rises, but still, the time for daylight hours is limited.....so EagleDown.....if you have time, send me that link.....please?.....SushiDog

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SushiDog said:
EagleDown.....send me the link to check out (I forget to add a link here and there too sometimes - smile).....You know, you are right! I was pondering that today.....why make a 150 mile drive (one way) when there are so many "goodies" near to me.....we must be psychically connected (smile).....I will make that trip one day, but am second guessing that decision right now....why?....I LQQKed up the sunrise and sunset times (Sunrise 6:58am - Sunset 4:41pm), and it really doesn't give me much time in a day to go on a full one day "recon" trip....I could leave here and arrive there as the sun rises, but still, the time for daylight hours is limited.....so EagleDown.....if you have time, send me that link.....please?.....SushiDog
Man, I must be getting old in my old age. :laughing9: Here's the link my friend.
http://www.pioneermining.com/

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha...ha...ha...ha! Welcome to the club EagleDown! (big smile)....I call it the "some-timers" club! I will go back and click on the link and then report back to you....thanks so much for posting it tonight....will post back soon!....SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just clicked on the link, and those guys at Pioneer are my buddies (not close buddies)....Frank and Dennis....those guys are rock solid....as honest as the day is long.....and I have done business with them since they started out here in Sacramento....now! that shop was cool!!! On one half of the shop was a dive shop (on the right as you walked in), and a prospecting shop on the other half of the shop (on the left as you walked in)....they had a big swimming pool on premises for scuba classes.....I will go back to the Pioneer website and browse through the stuff you want me to see.....SushiDog

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Pulse Star 2, "Cachefinder" LRL, GPL
EagleDown said:
Hmmm, No comments/questions??

Kinda makes me wonder if anyone wants to read about more of my experiences.

I still have more, i.e.; My research on:

The "Mariposa $50 gold slugs"...

EagleDown, you are a rare resource these days.

I, for one, am fascinated with these monster slugs and would love to own one some day. Have you already shared on this in another thread or care to share in this one?

Glenn

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SnakeEater said:
EagleDown, you are a rare resource these days.

I, for one, am fascinated with these monster slugs and would love to own one some day. Have you already shared on this in another thread or care to share in this one?

Glenn
Halito Glenn,

Hokay, you've talked me into it. :laughing9: :laughing9:

I have another that I'm working on now, but I'll get started on the back-ground of the Mariposa "Gold Slugs", as soon as my next one is posted.

Thanks for your interest!!!

Eagle

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
~EagleDown~

I look forward to what you have to share.

Just out of curiosity, have you done any research on either the Donner Party or Death Valley 49er's caches?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Eagle.I am from the general vicinity of your adventures and dearly miss the dredging that WAS a huge supplement to my meager income!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Great post Eagle.I am from the general vicinity of your adventures and dearly miss the dredging that WAS a huge supplement to my meager income!
Thank you my Friend!! But, don't give up yet. While waiting for the "moritorium" to be lifted, (if ever,) keep in mind; there are many creeks in and around Mariposa and gold is still moving through them everytime there's a heavy run-off. I had a couple of areas that when the water quit flowing, I would go out and pick up (what I called,) pocket change. Decent size "pickers" would be laying on the exposed bedrock just waiting for me to show up. I doubt it's changed all that much. :headbang:
SnakeEater said:
~EagleDown~

I look forward to what you have to share.

Just out of curiosity, have you done any research on either the Donner Party or Death Valley 49er's caches?

Not really, I've read of them, just as a matter of interest. I know that a little of the Donner "treasure" was found in the late 1800s, but I always had so many places to go to, that I didn't get involved in either one. Besides, there are so many "lost treasure stories", that it takes a lot of discernment to determine which ones are true, (or might be true) and which ones are hoaxes. Fortunately, I've never felt the need to make up stories just to sell a book, or sell a story to some magazine. What good is a few dollars, when you always know that you have sent someone out on a "wild Goose" chase. And probably cost them a lot of time and money.......for nothing??

Eagle

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
~EagleDown~

Agreed. I only mentioned those two because the caches are pretty well documented.
*edited so as to not derail*

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SnakeEater said:
~EagleDown~

Agreed. I only mentioned those two because the caches are pretty well documented.
*edited so as to not derail*
I realise that my friend. And, I wasn't putting them down, just saying that I already had info on more than I could handle by myself. :laughing9: :laughing9: I found this little item in the "Treasure Legends" forum, thought you might find it interesting:
DONNER TREASURE Part UNEARTHED BY A PROSPECTOR May 17, 1891

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Eagle,
Just thought I would drop in and say "Thanks again" for your outstanding stories. Always looking forward to your posts. The history and stories of California and Nevada gold/treasure hunting has been my passion for many years.

We had the opportunity to visit Mariposa last year and see the Mining and Mineral Museum. Outstanding mineral collection and a great town to visit. Wish I lived closer to that area, It would be nice to look for the places you describe in your stories.

Keep em coming
Steve

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hemisteve said:
Hello Eagle,
Just thought I would drop in and say "Thanks again" for your outstanding stories. Always looking forward to your posts. The history and stories of California and Nevada gold/treasure hunting has been my passion for many years.

We had the opportunity to visit Mariposa last year and see the Mining and Mineral Museum. Outstanding mineral collection and a great town to visit. Wish I lived closer to that area, It would be nice to look for the places you describe in your stories.

Keep em coming
Steve
You're very welcome Steve!!
Actually it's a pleasure for me to "dump" all these memories. Perhaps it will free up my hard-drive enough so that I can collect some more memories. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Did you go to the mining museum on the Yosemite end of town?? They have many artifacts there that dealt directly with the everyday lives of the 49ers

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EagleDown said:
Hemisteve said:
Hello Eagle,

Keep em coming
Steve
You're very welcome Steve!!
Actually it's a pleasure for me to "dump" all these memories. Perhaps it will free up my hard-drive enough so that I can collect some more memories. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Did you go to the mining museum on the Yosemite end of town?? They have many artifacts there that dealt directly with the everyday lives of the 49ers

Yes we did!
We spent a few hours there and then went to the California State Mineral museum at the fairgrounds. We also stopped at a little rock shop a few miles down the hill on our way back to the valley. I forgot the name of the creek it was on, but I think someone here found a old silver quarter while panning in it.
I just posted on the Donner party thread some info for those of you who are interested.
HH
Steve

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing thread eagle, your knowledge and wisdom are the true treasure............. best thread ever !!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
amazing thread eagle, your knowledge and wisdom are the true treasure............. best thread ever !!!!!!!!!!
Ouch!! Watch out my Friend. I already wear a hat that's larger than average. (7- 3/8) I can't afford a new Stetson. I'm not even sure they make larger sizes. :laughing9:

Thanks for the ultimate compliment strickman, but I also have my favorite thread, (which I feel is much better than my own.); http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,453.0.html Even I have learned a lot from reading Lanny's thread in; Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

Anyway, my next story will be one that I posted an abreviated version of on Lanny's thread. This time I will go into more detail. (I didn't want to take up too much of Lanny's thread.) So, watch for it,
hopefully in the next day or so. I have to write around working on getting my Explorer repaired, so I can't say with assurance of when it will be.

Thanks for reading!!!

Eagle

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle--good luck getting your truck fixed. I hope you find a quality, used motor. It's so incredibly expensive to have one rebuilt right now--really takes a chunk of change that any self-respecting prospector would rather hang onto for investing in mining adventures and fun!

Wow--thanks so much for your incredible compliment. Myself--I truly enjoy your style--very relaxing, easy to read, honest and earthy, and full of fascinating information.

Buy a new hat--you're gonna need it!!

All the best,

Lanny

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny & EagleDown......you guys are a Royal Flush!!!!! (poker talk -smile).....SushiDog

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read and enjoy Lanny's bedrock thread as well , so far your's and his are my favorites !

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
Eagle--good luck getting your truck fixed. I hope you find a quality, used motor. It's so incredibly expensive to have one rebuilt right now--really takes a chunk of change that any self-respecting prospector would rather hang onto for investing in mining adventures and fun!

Wow--thanks so much for your incredible compliment. Myself--I truly enjoy your style--very relaxing, easy to read, honest and earthy, and full of fascinating information.

Buy a new hat--you're gonna need it!!

All the best,

Lanny
I managed to find a replecement engine with about 60,000 miles on it. It comes with a 60 day warrantee. Unfortunately, if anything goes wrong with it, there's the problem of un-installing it and putting another one in. But, it's much cheaper than re-building this one.

As far as the compliment, as Red Skelton use to say, (Jr.) "I calls 'em the way I sees 'em". :laughing7:

I have a limited amount of experience in "nugget shooting" and your thread has an incredible amount of information for me to benifit from. Keep on posting Brother, I'm soaking it all up!! :read2:

Love and Respect,

Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread