The metal detecting gods were with me yesterday! Cool Silver Elgin Cig case....

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal detecting god's were with me yesterday! Cool Silver Elgin Cig case....

Well I went to a couple older homes outside Philly with a couple friends yesterday. What a day, I had a blast. First real find of the day was this cool buckle with designs on it. Anyone know what age this may be? Then I hit a huge heavy ring that Say's Naples on it. Turns out its junk, well not marked in any way. Still happy i worked my way to a lone tree where I heard the sound of silver come through the head phones. I was rewarded with a pocket spill from the 40's. Two Quarters 1944, 1942, One wheat 1944, and a 1917 Indian YEAH!
A few more finds for this home, a cool Ambulance etc., and we were off to another house. Here I found the buttons and bullets. We were just ready to pack it in being very tired and I got a loud signal at VDI 94. Now I just read a post the other day where some decide to not dig these signals. DIG THEM! I dug down almost a foot and found a tiny Med. bottle standing up? Kept digging and I saw silver looking back at me. I thought I had dug a pocket watch. Turned out to be a neat silver cigarette case made by Elgin. WOW I was psyched. What a day. Ryan and Aaron also did good with silver finds each.

Cheers - Brian

Attachments

• October philly area hunt 030.jpg
    October philly area hunt 030.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 667
  • October philly area hunt 031.jpg
    October philly area hunt 031.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 660
  • October philly area hunt 033.jpg
    October philly area hunt 033.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 665
  • October philly area hunt 028.jpg
    October philly area hunt 028.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 664
  • October philly area hunt 029.jpg
    October philly area hunt 029.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 662
  • October philly area hunt 035.jpg
    October philly area hunt 035.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 674
  • October philly area hunt 016.jpg
    October philly area hunt 016.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 658
  • October philly area hunt 017.jpg
    October philly area hunt 017.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 667
  • October philly area hunt 026.jpg
    October philly area hunt 026.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 655
  • October philly area hunt 036.jpg
    October philly area hunt 036.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 663
  • October philly area hunt 012.jpg
    October philly area hunt 012.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 657
  • October philly area hunt 034.jpg
    October philly area hunt 034.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The metal detecting god's were with me yesterday! Cool Silver Elgin Cig case....

holey moley YOU did fantastic... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The metal detecting god's were with me yesterday! Cool Silver Elgin Cig case....

It's kinda funny, I think the Ambulance is my favorite ;D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bootybay said:
holey moley YOU did fantastic... :thumbsup:
fantastic you did holey moley :thumbsup:

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Re: The metal detecting god's were with me yesterday! Cool Silver Elgin Cig case

Mud(S.W.A.T.) found the other side of your little silver animal, not exactly the same but strangely similar. -check it out. Nice finds!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

That's a great bunch of digs right there...WTG. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mud - I noticed you found the same cookie cutter the other day. That's to funny. I have seen large ones but never saw them that small.

B

SemoPreacher

Oct 23, 2005
Lilbourn, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

completely AWSESOME my best is the FIshing Reel...can you make out the manufacturer...some of those babies are worth their weight in Platinum...happy hunting...semo

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The one object apeers to be a Penn fishing reel!! Some of those are worth a lot of money to collecter's and it looks to be in good shape.Ciggerette case and a zippo maybe someone quit smoking ;D> Cool finds! Bighead

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

baspinall said:

Brian,
I must say, that ambulance is VERY cool. :thumbsup: Any company name on the bottom? At first I thought it was the Ghostbusters car. :wink:
Beautiful buckle for sure. Congrats to you. Great variety of treasures. :icon_king:
-Doug-

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sweet finds and that ambulance! I know where there is one just like it near where I live.. Those quarters are sweet :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Sounds like you had an awesome day! :) Congratulations on a great day of detecting! :)

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
baspinall said:

Brian,
I must say, that ambulance is VERY cool. :thumbsup: Any company name on the bottom? At first I thought it was the Ghostbusters car. :wink:
Beautiful buckle for sure. Congrats to you. Great variety of treasures. :icon_king:
-Doug-

The Ambulance is a Match Box series 54 made in England by Lesney "S&S Cadillac Ambulance"

SemoPreacher said:
completely AWSESOME my best is the Fishing Reel...can you make out the manufacturer...some of those babies are worth their weight in Platinum...happy hunting...semo

BIGHEAD said:
The one object apeers to be a Penn fishing reel!! Some of those are worth a lot of money to collecter's and it looks to be in good shape.Ciggerette case and a zippo maybe someone quit smoking ;D> Cool finds! Bighead

The little fishing reel is not marked anywhere. Must be a cheep one ?

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Oh Wow!!! Congrats on all the great finds!! A superb hunt! :thumbsup:

Nice silver! That ambulance is so awesome! I remember back in the 60's before the fire departments took on the paramedic function around here, the local funeral homes all had those & that's who you called when you needed an ambulance. :tard: Kinda spooky when you think about it...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Look's like you cleaned house Brian.....I dig 90's all the time.Congrat's on the Silver Case and the other's but the reel would be my favorite though,got a few oldie's myself....guaranteed early 1900's if not older.....Super find's!!! :thumbsup:

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

baspinall said:
That stuff is all awesome, but yeah, that ambulance is way cool. ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Sweet finds....Congrats to you!!!

That case (cig case) kinda' looks like the one from the Mountain Lake Mystery...check out that post and you'll see the photo. Sweet!!!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

"The little fishing reel is not marked anywhere. Must be a cheep one ?"

No such thing as a "cheap one" that old bud. That is awesome - I would have had a minor coronary digging that out! Congrats on some great finds... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everything cleaned up awesome! I couldn't believe how deep that cig case was!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions