The more things change.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Leading up to the War with Mexico in 1848; Capt. Robert E. Lee, US Army was THERE! Did he help with the removal of the Mexican Treasury...? We wanna KNOW! Blame it ALL on "Inquiring Minds"...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
....the more they stay the same. Different names, different angles, same end results.
Will always be this way, always has been.
If the Beale history has taught us anything it's that this mystery can be whatever anyone desires it to be, however they want to spin it. :icon_thumleft:
...and that has been done many many times, and will continue. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not trying to argue or bully you, just dialoging the obvious problems surrounding the proof presented that the Beale treasure is more than just a treasure legend that began as a dime novel pamphlet.
I apologize for getting you riled up.
Was not my intention.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Interesting quote from post #9 on this thread.
Seems you are playing the bully when disagreeing with or not liking another poster or his posts.
Why?
Nah... only YOUR Causticity, cutting remarks, etc. YOU have a lot of good CONFEDERATE WAR knowledge; indicate NO verifiable "Beale Story" true knowledge, just "mockery" of our continuing R & I of "something" that happened around here. Do YOU have PERSONAL experience looking for "THE TREASURE", in this area; yes or no...?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah... only YOUR Causticity, cutting remarks, etc. YOU have a lot of good CONFEDERATE WAR knowledge; indicate NO verifiable "Beale Story" true knowledge, just "mockery" of our continuing R & I of "something" that happened around here. Do YOU have PERSONAL experience looking for "THE TREASURE", in this area; yes or no...?

AS we all know, there is "NO verifiable "Beale Story" true knowledge", which has given rise to many speculative alternative versions.
When this obvious highly conspicuous lack of "true knowledge" is mentioned or misinformation is questioned and corrected, it seems to upset some.
It shouldn't, if discovering and resolving the Beale story is the objective, but if the goal is to perpetuate the Beale legend with additional lore, the subjective response to actual factual loses all objectivity result into claims of mockery and cutting remarks.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AS we all know, there is "NO verifiable "Beale Story" true knowledge", which has given rise to many speculative alternative versions.
When this obvious highly conspicuous lack of "true knowledge" is mentioned or misinformation is questioned and corrected, it seems to upset some.
It shouldn't, if discovering and resolving the Beale story is the objective, but if the goal is to perpetuate the Beale legend with additional lore, the subjective response to actual factual loses all objectivity result into claims of mockery and cutting remarks.
"Lack of evidence" is your "Theme Song", then...? WHAT Verifiable Evidence do YOU have to PROVE that it DID NOT happen...?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my questions about posted misinformation and the complete total lack of any collaborative information outside of the pages of the Beale Papers.
You referred to your "R&I of events that happened around here"-the only "verifiable evidence" is that James Beverly Ward published THE BEALE PAPERS in 1885 at the Virginia Print Shop which he copyrighted with ONLY the title provided to the Library of Congress, the manuscript and the published copy was never sent to the Loc.
Everything else beyond this basic actual fact is pure speculation.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just my questions about posted misinformation and the complete total lack of any collaborative information outside of the pages of the Beale Papers.
STILL no VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE of YOUR "point of View", which is YOUR opinion, ONLY.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
STILL no VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE of YOUR "point of View", which is YOUR opinion, ONLY.

...and how does this differ from your and Franklin's contributions to these thread discussions?
Are they also "point of view" and NOT considered as Verifiable Evidence"?
just sayin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread