The Mother Lode!!! People who hate pocket change

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
As I was driving down the road the other day, I saw where they were tearing down 2 houses that I know have been there for at least 40 years. I contacted the owner and got permission to hunt the property. I went there the next evening to start the search and play around with my new Eagle Spectrum. The first place I started to look was the driveway to the house that was still standing. The drive consisted of pea gravel on caliche. I fired up the detector, lowered the coil to the ground to ground balance and found it wouldn't take. After a short search, I finally found an area where I could get it to balance. I started to swing the detector and it went crazy. It was banging everywhere, in fact, I thought something was wrong with the detector. This driveway is only about 10' X 35'. It sounded like it was solid metal. I started to dig and found that all of the signals were coins. I WAS IN DETECTORIST HEAVEN! I hunted for about an hour and a half and came up with about 170 coins, and didn't even come near covering 1/2 the drive. I went back today and worked about 1/2 a day, and still have not finished with the drive, much less start the yard. My total coins for today was 265, for a total of over 400 coins. All clad except 1 wheat cent. These people must have hated pocket change! Anyway, I'll be going back for awhile, hopefully starting the yard tomorrow. I am totally amazed, any signal you get here, you dig. The most amazing part was I only dug 8 pull tabs and a couple of the old soda pop caps so far. This is the place you dream of. Here is a picture of my finds so far. I will post more as the finds increase.

Attachments

• 1 driveway Davis House.JPG
    1 driveway Davis House.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,469
  • 1 driveway Davis House.JPG
    1 driveway Davis House.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,460
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piggman,
Fantastic job. Now that's a lot of digging. Welcome to TN.
-MM-

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I went back yesterday for awhile and went over the small yard out front. My finds for the yard were less, but still not bad. It got to the point of not being able to bend over, and soreness in my legs and shoulders from the previous 2 days finally got the best of me. I still came away with 2 quarters, 10 dimes, 3 nickels, and 40 pennies, for a total of 55 coins. Before I left, I walked back over the driveway just for grins, and believe it or not, there are still signals everywhere. The problem was, my get up and go had got up and left already. I didn't dig a one. That's OK, I think they are reproducing as fast as I am removing them. I was glad to see it raining today, which gives me a day or two to rest before I attack it again. The back yard is where I really want to hit because I knew the kids who grew up there about 35 years ago, I just haven't been able to get away from this driveway.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Very cool!

Keep us posted on the finds from that place and welcome to TN!

Ridley

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back after it rains and ther'll be more.

Congrats on the scatter cache. :D

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PMan,
Sounds like those coins are reproducing like rabbitts.
What a honey of a hole.

Did you find any wheaties or any old coins yet. I know you have probably not had a chance to sort through them yet. I was just curious.

Hope the soreness goes quickly for you. Like it was said earlier after the rain you will probably find a heck of a whole lot more.

Great finds...keep at it. ;D

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Welcome to Tnet pm. You're going to enjoy yourself here.

Cool story, I can't wait to hear what else you find!

Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
It wasn't raining this morning, so I headed over to the house I've been doing. The ground was too wet to do anything in the yards, sooooo, I hit the driveway one more time. This driveway tatally blows me away! I found 45 pennies, 5 dimes, and 6 nickels for a total of 56 more coins. This brings the total coins found in and around the driveway to 614. The count is 425 pennies, 38 nickels, 103 dimes, and 48 quarters. Unbelievable! Now, when the ground dries up alittle more, I am headed for the back yard. I have taken some pictures of this place and what I found today. Hopefully the rain is over.

Attachments

• FINDS.JPG
    FINDS.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 301
  • DRIVEWAY.JPG
    DRIVEWAY.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Frontyard.JPG
    Frontyard.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Backyard.JPG
    Backyard.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Backyard2.JPG
    Backyard2.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 299

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds,,,,, i think your right your detector is mess up it won't let you out of the drive way, happy huntinn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions