The mxt pro.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sneakyweasel

Greenie
Apr 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a GREAT detector! I'd be all over that deal like a cheap polyester suit!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT Pro is a great detector but I am not so sure the deal is all that great since you can easily get a NIB MXT Pro for <$700. Do you consider your Ace 400 to be worth less than $250?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a very easy machine to learn. The relic mode is great in heavy iron. I love the toggle switches on whites machines.

Last edited:

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used a MXT Pro for two years then bought a CTX. I really feel that the MXT Pro can hold its own in almost all dry land conditions. Get the 5.3 sniper coil for trashy spots.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to really go slow in trashy area's and the MXT does great, though I find it really tough to slow down as I always catch myself speeding up trying to make the next great find. The MXT is as deep of a detector as any of the high end machines with the right coil, I try to run at +2 gain if not in a bad EMI area as long as it's not too noisy and use a good set of headphones so you can hear those deep whisper targets that are usually the deep old good stuff. HH

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT Pro is a great detector but I am not so sure the deal is all that great since you can easily get a NIB MXT Pro for <$700. Do you consider your Ace 400 to be worth less than $250?

My final deal was 420$ plus the garrett.Do you think i did ok?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all that important is that you think you did OK

Exactly, it boils down to how much you valued the Ace 400 and what condition it was in. If you had no qualms about parting with the 400 and the deal feels ok in your gut, then you did the right thing to get the detector you really wanted. From a total value (cash + 400 trade in value) it appears you did fine. HTH

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the mxt pro and mxt all pro the same machine? I have the mxt all pro.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping the 400 should have been one of the best things you have done. I have one and it is probably one of the worst performing detectors I have bought. The MXT has a honorable performance record. I think you did well.

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping the 400 should have been one of the best things you have done. I have one and it is probably one of the worst performing detectors I have bought. The MXT has a honorable performance record. I think you did well.

I know just how you feel.some of the farm fields i hunt has high mineralization.and the 400 just cannot perform in it among other things i did not like about it. I think i did well also.

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently picked up an MXT Pro and am looking forward to using it... Glad to hear all the positive comments above... And to the OP, congrats on acquiring your MXT Pro...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is one of the best detectors out now, I never feel outgunned when detecting with the MXT but I feel better the others guys don't have one so that means more left in the ground for me. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep same detector, any MXT is a great detector though. I have 2 regular MXT's as they didn't have one out yet with multi tones, which would be nice but I really don't want to drop more cash as its the same machine with a few extra's. HH
Is the mxt pro and mxt all pro the same machine? I have the mxt all pro.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have sold the Ace 400 and looked for a deal. I see an MXT Pro on another forum right now for $400 shipped.

Doesn't really matter as long as you are happy with it.

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have sold the Ace 400 and looked for a deal. I see an MXT Pro on another forum right now for $400 shipped.

Doesn't really matter as long as you are happy with it.

Im sure i will be happy with it.I plan on takeing it out later on this afternoon.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might take a little bit to get used to what the MXT is telling you but will get better and better with time, you have some nice parks in your state I see people pulling nice silver there and I don't think they have been pounded as much as the ones here in Indiana. HH

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might take a little bit to get used to what the MXT is telling you but will get better and better with time, you have some nice parks in your state I see people pulling nice silver there and I don't think they have been pounded as much as the ones here in Indiana. HH

Wingmaster,how far are you from vincenness?I am only about 35min.tops.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Indianapolis on the southside so pretty far away, my in laws live down by Jasper in Dubois county but that still a little ways off. I thought you might be here in Indiana because I saw a post in the Indiana forums but I would like to detect some parks in your state sometime though now I have a bathroom to get finished after the pipe leak in the wall and haven't got a chance to get out but once yet this year. Make sure and use a good set of headphones which will make a big difference on those whisper targets, a cheap set and you won't hear a lot of them. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread