The Name of Your Boat

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since this thread came back up, Here's some pics of my other boat that I'm working on now. These were taken this past year when I first got it and moved it into the shop to start working on it. Not sure what I'm going to name it yet, maybe Comfortably Numb er.

Attachments

• IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 777

ericschmitt2005

Apr 2, 2011
Here is the "Sand Dog"; This is the flagship for Booty Salvage inc. Blowers will be ready in a few weeks, then off to find gold.

-Eric Schmitt

Attachments

• sand dogg.jpg
    sand dogg.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 642

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's a great looking boat. Have you talked to Brent and receaved your contract yet? We are working the 1715 wrecks under C14 with a new boat this year "The Big Invest-A-Gator"

Attachments

• will  boat 3.jpg
    will boat 3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 617

ericschmitt2005

Apr 2, 2011
Once the blowers are done we will get our contract. We have 6 previous years of experience and I already know where I want to work. We are considering renaming the boat, and would accept any ideas.

Thanks
Booty Salvage

B.C. Hunter

Greenie
Nov 22, 2005
Vancouver Island
you guys have some beautiful boats here
I guess I'm not as classy as some guys

Getting a 30' open skiff next week, she has no name.
she's flat bottomed, so rides real rough, and damn ugly.
(picture a 30' beer flat with a motor)
but she'll carry 10 tonnes, 2 ATVs and a dredge.
I can run her aground to unload almost anywhere.
Also a stable dive platform and my air lift hooks right up to her.

Haven't told the wife yet, so it might become a liveaboard also

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
The one my dad and I work on and are refitting is named the 115 ft La Salle. We are hauling her out this weekend to repair damage done to her while we were gone by the idiot who slammed her into the Spree on the Sea wall at Robbies in Key West. By the way the nut case didn't even have a Capt license when he did this. Damage to the props and hull has to be surveyed and repaired. Also all her electronics were stolen. My dad is in charge of repairing her and getting her ready for a deep water project.

Attachments

• RV Global Explorer.jpg
    RV Global Explorer.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 581

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WOW! Thats one heck of a boat. I'm sure you're not going to use it on the 1715 fleet site. Are you?

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
All Aluminum. My dad loves this ship. Twin detroits with a john Deer center cruiser. When he gets done with this baby she will be a beaut. 1715? One never knows where they are headed? They are looking at several projects. at 100 tons she will do lots of things. You ought to see the dive platform on the back. Will take a pic and post.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Salvor6 said:
WOW! Thats one heck of a boat. I'm sure you're not going to use it on the 1715 fleet site. Are you?

Pete, I'm in Key West . I have to call you later tonight. You'll be down on this baby as soon as we get her fixed.

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
My dad and old man discussing repairs while my dad paints the La Salle roof. We have to paint the whole ship. Haul out will be Tuesday. Will post a pic. My dad gets to pick the new name for the ship.
Gerrison

Attachments

• La Salle Painting 001.jpg
    La Salle Painting 001.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 554

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope thats epoxy paint you are putting on that aluminum ship.If its house paint,oil or latex,it wont stick.If it has copper in it.For example:1 copper penny will eat thru the hull of a aluminum boat/ship in less than a year.Aluminum boats must be painted with a epoxy paint that has no copper or lead in it.You need a basecoat of alodine or zinc chromate,if you dont use either no matter what kind of paint or epoxy you put on it,it will fall off.If you ask how i know all this?Im a pro auto/marine/aircraft painter.And i own a 37 foot all aluminum striker sport fish that i will be doing a total restoration on it soon.Stripped down to bare aluminum and bodywork done on all welds and seams.Zinc chromated and painted with a epoxy aerospace paint.This paint is the same paint they used on the space shuttle.On the label it says:holds up under several hundred miles per hour.This paint is lifetime,i will never have to paint my ship again.Nothing will destroy the finish on this paint.You can drop a anchor on it and it wont chip.I painted 78 aircraft/jets and helicopters with this paint at sanford airport.Its not cheap either.$250.00 a gallon.1 gallon makes 2 with the part B.The bottom paint im useing is the same stuff the military uses on their ships.No barneys for 10 years.I got my ship from my uncle,15 years ago i gave him a price for stripping and painting it for 20k,that price didnt include the haul out or time in the boatyard.The price of paint and materials since then has tripled.Labor the same.If you want a pro to paint that ship of yours,ill do it for 130k.You can always paint it with a brush and roller for alot less,but it wont last and will damage the aluminum,it might even sink.That ship will make a nice reef somewhere.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name of my ship is the Caribe.Named after the caribe indians that were pirates and cannibals.

Attachments

• cannibals.jpg
    cannibals.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 472

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
Hi Fisheye. Yep ! It's epoxy. When it gets hot I set the bucket in ice to keep it from hardening. Here I am doing the fun stuff. Yes, we know all about the copper thing. brass even reacts with the aluminum. No pocket change in the bilge here. Dad is still thinking about the new name for her. WE bought 5 new fender for the ship. They wanted $434.00 a piece but dad chewed them down to 289.00 a piece. There was one fender returned with knife holes in it, but dad fixed it with the same stuff you put in tires. "green Slime" It stays aired now and works great. Saved the owners some bucks there.
Scurvydog

Attachments

• La Salle Chairs and Gerrison 001.jpg
    La Salle Chairs and Gerrison 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 470

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use old tires for fenders,paint em white.You can get them for free!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions