THE NEXT BIG SCORE!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So I and Silver Slice a.k.a Dad went out once again on a road trip which, as of late, has produced repeatedly well for us. We went off the beaten path and hit small town after small town stopping only to stretch our legs and grab a bite to eat. The banks were spread out but luckily we kept hitting silver roll after silver roll. 17 rolls to be exact. Now someone jokingly asked who would get the next big score and I jokingly replied that it would be me because I was producing a Silver magnet that would attract anything within a half mile radius and not attract anything ferrous nor pull tabs. I did not realize it but the magnet is Silver Slice. Now I have been doing this for over 2 years and my beginners luck ran out a long time ago but I think the secret is when your beginners luck runs out you can latch onto someone else who is in their beginners luck stage and do well. This is my theory anyway. Yesterdays take was substantial but not typical. Out of everything we found....

2- Walking Libs (1935, 1945)
16- Ben Franklin's (various dates from 50's and 60's but no 55)
3- 1964 Kens

327- 40%ers (1 of which was a 1976 S silver)
1- 1957 washington quarter (in BKing change)

Total: 349 silver keepers

Various novelties like gold plated counter stamped and 3 s mint clads. We also ran into 8 rolls of Ike's which are not pictured (no silver). Here are the pics...sorry if some are blurry.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 934
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 937
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 933
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 932
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 932
Upvote 0

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
WOW That's a great score. :headbang: :notworthy:

My road trips only produce skunks. Can you send a little luck my way please. I think I used mine up new years eve.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
:icon_thumright: - silver quarter in change! That is more rare than all the rolls you scored. :D Congrats.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I agree MJ-funny how that works. I think I was more excited about the quarter myself. Although I can't say seeing all those rolls did not get the heart a pumpin.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Congrats to you and Silver Slice on a fantastic score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. You should take the little guy with you and have three generations of CRHers going at it. Probably wipe out all the silver in the State in one fell swoop.

HH
Rich

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's a lot of 40%'ers! Nicely done. Try using the Macro setting on your digital camera for the really close up shots (like that quarter) and they won't turn out blurry. There's usually a setting with the picture of a flower as the icon which tells you it is for close ups.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Mts. Thanks. Yeah my old camera had that icon as well but I was using Silver Slice' camera and it did not. Oh well. At least you can tell that is a quarter. :headbang:

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score GS. Wish I had the time to road trip. Making a living kinda gets in the way...

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
AG- Me and my Dad work full time jobs. I am millitary but my schedule is such that I get a day off or two during the week. I understand some guys don't get a day off now or maybe just one a week which is get things done at home day. I understand.

golden silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
AG- Me and my Dad work full time jobs. I am millitary but my schedule is such that I get a day off or two during the week. I understand some guys don't get a day off now or maybe just one a week which is get things done at home day. I understand.

golden silver

Oh, I didnt mean that as a jab at you or your dad. Its great you have flexabilty. I used to have some, but those days are long gone. Again congrats on your nice score.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score and great pics! Thanks for posting it.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Excellent pile of silver and great photos. Thanks for the posting.
Good luck out there!
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread