THE NEXT BIG SCORE!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So I and Silver Slice a.k.a Dad went out once again on a road trip which, as of late, has produced repeatedly well for us. We went off the beaten path and hit small town after small town stopping only to stretch our legs and grab a bite to eat. The banks were spread out but luckily we kept hitting silver roll after silver roll. 17 rolls to be exact. Now someone jokingly asked who would get the next big score and I jokingly replied that it would be me because I was producing a Silver magnet that would attract anything within a half mile radius and not attract anything ferrous nor pull tabs. I did not realize it but the magnet is Silver Slice. Now I have been doing this for over 2 years and my beginners luck ran out a long time ago but I think the secret is when your beginners luck runs out you can latch onto someone else who is in their beginners luck stage and do well. This is my theory anyway. Yesterdays take was substantial but not typical. Out of everything we found....

2- Walking Libs (1935, 1945)
16- Ben Franklin's (various dates from 50's and 60's but no 55)
3- 1964 Kens

327- 40%ers (1 of which was a 1976 S silver)
1- 1957 washington quarter (in BKing change)

Total: 349 silver keepers

Various novelties like gold plated counter stamped and 3 s mint clads. We also ran into 8 rolls of Ike's which are not pictured (no silver). Here are the pics...sorry if some are blurry.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 934
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 937
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 933
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 932
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 932
Upvote 0
OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Now, I swear to you all Silver Slice exists. I am trying to get my Dad to write something. I have told him that it is making me seem like I am making up a ficticious character. So Silver Slice (Dad) if you are reading this... how about a reply. :wink:

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Thanks BR. I always thought that you gave up way too soon on the Road trip thing. you should give it another go.

Golden Silver

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
GS,

I would almost agree with you. I might give it another go during my summer break. Most of the rural areas nearby seem to have several small time CRHs who dominate local banks.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Holy %$#^ GS, damn man u hit a silver vein ... nice to see that u are back in the saddle again with those monster roads trips ... congrats on slamming another big pile of silver , Ed :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Ed where the heck you been hidin brother? I thought you got lost in the brazilian jungle.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
packer,
Lets see the play by play... I try to find virgin territory off the beaten path. I will dedicate an entire day if I need to. I usually will not make a trip for anything less than $2,000 in half dollars spread out over many banks. This last trip I think we had a little over 2,000 more like 2,200 in half dollars. We hit about 15 or so banks most of the finds usually come from 1 or 2 banks with a few silvers in between. That is how it usually works for me. Of course there is more but I can't give away all my secrets LOL :wink:

Golden Silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
We long for repeat of the day last year when we got (it took couple days to cycle boxes to pick them all up), 20 Boxes, 19 of them had Silver several only one or two but 8 had over 70 to 118 in each and our total was 758 Silvers in 19 Boxes (one was a skunk), but that don't tell the half of story as 338 of them were %90'ers, so we got 162 ounces in one weeks box order!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I remember that one. You guys were rollin in it back then

golden silver

Top Member Reactions