The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to metal detecting ! It can be frustrating. But then again it can be a day to remember when that nice piece of silver, or the rare coin find pops out of the ground , or even that nice gold ring with the nice diamond setting just staring back at you when your cleaning it off. Civil war items, Revolutionary war and War of 1812 , I can go on and on...... Spending hours researching , driving around looking for those great sites to hunt ....But when you find and detect these places what happens ....you just never seem to find that one nice piece or the second or even that third...You end up with a bunch of items or relics that just seem not to be what your looking for....! But not all sites are like that , just look at the great finds through out this forum ..Those are the finds we all seek and all the other stuff is what has to be dug to find those few nice keepers!!!

So now with all that said I though I would share a bunch of items that I dug over the last 5 to 6 years detecting cellar holes, parks, old foundations, farmfields and even some plain old back yards. These items are what was found at these sites and have been most likely never posted and just put away in some box , or like I have that 5 gallon Home Depot bucket...

Some of the pieces as you can see are old lanturn parts, pieces of lead,copper iron, pewter, aluminum, tin,brass,and who knows what other types of metal are in this pile. There are spoons ,forks,knives, even boy scout knives. Sleigh bell pieces, old hot wheels cars, tractor parts you name it, it is here most likely....So I hope you enjoy the other side of metal detecting....In order to dig those very nice and exciting old coins, gold rings and all those great Military finds ......You have to dig those item that just simpley get shoved in the corner of your pick-up truck or just that old box....We all have to go through the samething !!! The Seeker

Attachments

• Items that never get posted ! 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 666
  • Items that never get posted ! 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 668
  • Items that never get posted ! 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 670
  • Items that never get posted ! 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 670
  • Items that never get posted ! 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 657
Upvote 0

CAPTAINKIDD

Greenie
May 6, 2006
Have you looked at base metal prices lately? You might be sitting on more than you think! Happy digging -Captain Kidd

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know what you mean Seeker...Everytime I come in after a day out the wife just roll's her eye's when I start pulling out the "priceless junk",then they start rolling the other way when I start cleaning them in her laundry tub.The day I come home with the fat diamond ring that's just her size,I think the rolling will end.Until then,my "bucket's" will keep getting heavier and heavier.....HH!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think "Modern Art".I see a sculpture or two in all that "junk"! ;D ;D What do you do when your dealt lemons? I got a pile of that stuff myself,but like many have said already; your junk looks better than my junk! :) diggummup

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
SEEKER, One Mans Junk Is Another Mans Treasure. At Least You Know That You Are Not Missing Much. Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few containers with stuff like that. You have several nice relics mixed in with the other stuff. Sometimes some of the objects I find I may not know what it is, So I will hang onto it untill I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread