Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Kentucky, You sell yourself short.
Tomjiggy, You are talking about just going out and detecting for fun, like park hunting. That is a different ballgame from cache hunting.
Nola_ken, My problem is I am basicly honest, so I make a honest presentation to the land owner. This eliminates a heck of a lot of problems if you hit it big. Having the percentage agreed on in advance solves problems before they surface. I believe the land owner would want to run quiet on this find also.
Maipenrai, A lot of good insite and logic, but I want to clear up one thing. I am asking for 1/3 for the land owner, 1/3 for my partner and 1/3 for me. He said he will only accept 1/4 for my partner, 1/4 for me and 1/2 for him. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

yesiamapirate

Greenie
Apr 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maipernai... I wasnt suggesting he take a 10 % cut. I merely stated that to illustrate that a 50% cut for the finder ( whether it be an individual or a hundred man team ) was a generous offer by the landowner in my opinion.

Frankn ... Your last reply shows you see this as a three party transaction as you seek a 33% cut for you and a 33% your partner. Your landowner sees this as a two party transaction and thats why you two cant seal the deal. Like I said in my earlier post, it's your deal to do as you wish. Good luck !

K

Kentucky Kache

Its too late to think about what should or shouldnt have been done, the cat is out of the bag now. A lot of interesting ideas, and I will most certainly think about them, when and if it comes my turn to be in this same situation. Now is the problem of what's the next move, which also brought a lot of suggestions. At this point, I would probably accept the 1/3, since it is still a lot of money, but the suggestion of 1/10, should not be on the table. This is not a real estate deal, not at all in the same class. Also the idea of hunting for fun, must be from someone that has never put much effort into hunting. Yes, this is a hobby to most of us, but if you start giving your time and knowledge away, then you are worth, exactly what you are charging, Nothing!

I am also a diver, and I never dive for free. Even when I am already in the water, and have done a job for someone, if another person comes and ask me to check his boat at the same time, I will charge him for it. The people that know me, know that I will do the job, but sometimes I have been the second diver to do the work, because the first diver was a friend or someone that does diving for a hobby, "free", so had no interest in really doing anything. I have put too much money, and time, to learn my skills, so why give it away? Also a big cache hunting project is not the same as while your tot lot hunting, a lovely mom comes and ask if you can find her keys. For that, you can do a quick hunt, and if you find the keys, you may even get a bonus if your lucky.

The reason I would accept 1/3 and not hold out for 1/2, is just to get the project completed, and move on to the next. I dont really think its a question of right or wrong, just what both can agree on. As someone pointed out, it could be enough to last a life time, so why blow it? Just give up the e-mail and telephone conversations and do a face to face, and complete this project.

And again, Frankn, Good Luck!!

I didn't suggest 1/10, I merely said if I were offered 1/10 of a possible cache I would take it. 1/10 of even a small amount is greater than 100% of nothing, no matter how you slice it. Now please stop telling people they've never put much effort into hunting, as you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, I cache hunt for the pleasure of doing it, and I havebeen doing it for a long time. Sure I always want to find what I'm looking for, but I enjoy what I'm doing, find or no find. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. It's my experience that if you don't enjoy doing this, then you're probably not very good at it, because you won't put the effort into it that it deserves.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I'll get flak for this but some of these "cache hunters" spend more time online discussing it than really doing it. This thread is one huge
joke on the newbies who think it's serious. Sorry Frank, you won't win the "KvM Excellence Award" this year. KK, I kicked you a nice
lead in NV but it was "too fur", too expensive, too whatever, etcetera, etcetera. You might be rollin in dough right now, instead of
offering advise to yarn spinners. Ya know I love you, kid.

K

Kentucky Kache

I'll get flak for this but some of these "cache hunters" spend more time online discussing it than really doing it. This thread is one huge
joke on the newbies who think it's serious. Sorry Frank, you won't win the "KvM Excellence Award" this year. KK, I kicked you a nice
lead in NV but it was "too fur", too expensive, too whatever, etcetera, etcetera. You might be rollin in dough right now, instead of

You having issues, LL? Something you'd like to talk about maybe?

Actually, I had a lead in NV which I found, independent of Treasurenet. But yeah, it really is a long journey from where I am.
And I'm not really offering advice...just discusssing a cache situation. That's what this forum is for, after all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
@ Frankn Not sure what happened to all the pages there was 40+ now there is 23. But all 23 pages say your wrong. Not sure how many you need. Maybe time to rethink the split.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
THE OFFER that is what this is about!!!

Yesiamapirate: My parter and I worked on this independantly for a long time, than we worked together to bring it to a point where we could name the location to search. Yes there are others involved that we will take care of from our share of the split. So you see we have a situation where there are two treasurehunters that have put great effort towards finding this cache and one benine land owner. To me that is a 3 way equal split. I know the land owner doesn't care how hard we worked, but we sure do.
Kentuckey: since this thread is about the offer and the split, I know you said you do it for the pleasure of the hunt, but what was your split on that NV. find, or did you just stelf in and get it all?
lastleg: we sure do spend more time on the computer, but it is mostly research time and we spend a lot of time at the library and going thru treasure books. The hunt for me is usually a week or two on location. I found one in one day, while looking for another and on only one did I go over the two weeks. There is also a lot of travel time involved, up to 3 days one way one time.
All: as I have said before this is about the offer which includes the split ratio. Yes everyone has there opinion based on there past experiences and there is no right or wrong in this thread only personal opinions based on experience. A lot of members have thrown in there two cents worth. I can see that some have never cache hunted and some have looked and found, but all comments are welcome, the old experienced ones and the new blood. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, The page setup on this fourm is strange. In your personal settings, you can specify how many replys are on a page, so your # of pages varies from someone elses # of pages. Check your personal settings. As I mentioned before these are opinions based on experience. There is no right or wrong here. I am 74 and my view of a fair split is based on my experience in life. No dought it varries from difference from people with levels of experience in life. No right or wrong implied, only different views of worth and time. View attachment 633167

K

Kentucky Kache

Kentuckey: since this thread is about the offer and the split, I know you said you do it for the pleasure of the hunt, but what was your split on that NV. find, or did you just stelf in and get it all?

There was no split. It was only a lead I found, but because it was too far away I never tried to pursue it. I did post it here on Treasurenet, and there were a few cache hunters interested. As far as I know it's still there, so if you feel up to a trip, go get it.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-leads/113427-haydens-money-still-somewhere-canyon-nv.html

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg, You wanna read about yarn spinning, Come to the non-sense section and read it up.. I have spun my fare share there...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
KK, if I could have gotten hold of that issue of Desert Mag I might still be interested, to see if it jives with other accounts. And it probably
had more clues to the location. Usually I wouldn't bite on one that fur but it sounded righteous.
Thanks poorhunter, I'll give it a look.

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
heres another thought. There is the owner and the original guy who came up with the idea. no way did u both come up with it at the same time, so who ever brought in the 3rd guy and agreed to it gave up some of his share. I'm not saying 50/50 is't ok. 1/3 split is nuts.

Also if there is 40+ pages saying your wrong then what will it take for u to get it?

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my question is....whatever happened to the deal, every once in awhile this thread comes up and it's still like your waiting, well where does it stand now?
or Is that Secrete, tell us something new about it PLEASE!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, We were both working on it when we decided to join forces and put another few months into the research. He hit it from the names of the people involved and I hit it from the clues to the site location. We went up there for some boots on ground work and came up empty so we consulted a professional land locator for a 10% cut and he came up with the site complete with platts and deeds up to the present land owner. To me that is an equal 3 way split for my partner, the land owner and me. Personally I take these posts as suggestions. They are like the good, the bad, and the ugly. I take some of the inexperienced ones with a grain of salt and give serious consideration to the answers from the more experienced cache hunters. ppratt, what was the split on your last cache find ?

gunrunner61: I guess you could best describe it as 2 mules hitched up back to back. If we get a better offer or change ours, you guys will be the first to know. I don't mind doing research and never finding it, but doing research and the land owner wanting hand print-2_edited-3.jpg twice as much as I get will never happen.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Thanks Frank, now if I can get KK to give me the year the Hayden yarn was published ? ? ?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Thanks old pard. Helps a lot. I already found one good lead by searching willy-nilly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread