Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me of the high-end lotto players.

"I'm buying a lotto ticket tonight, the jackpot is up to $53 Million"

They won't take a chance with a single dollar bill on only $3 Million, it's just not worth it- but $53 Million! Now that's worth risking a dollar over!

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME!

You would rather have NOTHING -vs- splitting millions down the middle?

Just how many millions of dollars are your 'business ethics' worth anyhow?

Funny ain't it. They'll spend everything in their pocket to try and win 100 million, but just a few million in the pot isn't worth playing at all.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
G.I.B., You missed something. It wasn't 50 down the middle, it was 50 land owner, 25 partner, 25 me.

Iron Patch, not even a split where he clears $4M? By the way what percentage do you give the land owner for the priceless historic relics you find?

Pilot, I have spell check and grammer check on my other 2 computers, but this one , I leave the spice in. LOL

John Silvered, There is another saying,"A bird in the hand can be mighty messy" lol

Attachments

• Funny face-flower.jpg
    Funny face-flower.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B., You missed something. It wasn't 50 down the middle, it was 50 land owner, 25 partner, 25 me.

Iron Patch, not even a split where he clears $4M? By the way what percentage do you give the land owner for the priceless historic relics you find?

Pilot, I have spell check and grammer check on my other 2 computers, but this one , I leave the spice in. LOL

John Silvered, There is another saying,"A bird in the hand can be mighty messy" lol

You left out a partner. You offered 10% of the cache to the property researcher. So is the split 50% landowner, 20% you, 20% partner.... or is it now 40% to the landowner? Or are you planning on screwing the researcher out of his rightful 10% you promised him?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might end up having a fight with the researcher, since you promised him 10%, but evidently you meant 10% of the guessed amount of $150,000, not 10% of the real worth. What if he wants his share in gold? Does he know the real worth? He might be slightly disappointed when he finds out the real value of the gold, maybe like he is being screwed! You say that the LO will not find the gold without you, so you deserve more, but then at the same time, you would not have found the land, without the researcher, so he deserves a bigger %, right?

You have been patiently waiting for the members here, to come up with a good argument as to why you should be getting 2/3 of the cache, but unfortunately for you, we just can not come up with that argument. If you would have at least told us something about the expenses you have for this project, then we could maybe understand a little better, but you have only told us about the $100 you have spent of fuel, and finally, after many post, you told us about the $75 dollars you paid to the researcher, and the 10% you promised him, (10% of what?). Yes, we understand your research, but you never did say in dollars, what it is worth, (research on this cache) not on research you have done all your life. This LO cannot be expected to pay for all the other caches you have searched for, but only this one.

Why not be satisfied with the 1/3 split, and if you really feel that you deserve more, then show him in dollars, how much your research cost. No matter how you figure it, it cannot amount to more that a few thousand. As you have noticed, this thread is really losing interest. Most of us are of the opinion for a 50/50 and you want 33/33/33. Of course most of us dont know $hit about anything, but you shouldnt ask the opinion of people that dont know anything, but then the LO doesnt know anything either, but by now, he knows that someone it trying to get HIS cache. If neither LO hasnt answered your mail, then they might have already agreed to keep the greedy treasure hunters out of the loop, and hunt it themselves.

Dont screw up on your next hunt, although it looks like you have already decided that they are crooks. Pretty hard to give them an offer if thats how you look at people. They are either crooks or land owners that dont deserve whats buried on their land, and is THEIRS!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Jason, your interpertation is incorrect as usual. The 10% is a finders fee, he is not a partner.

Maipanrai, It is 10% of the stated value in the orginal story. Our agreement is clear. The land owner put in no time towards finding the cache so your corelaration is incorrect. I am not asking for 2/3, only 1/3 for me. You keep twisting that amount. You say how much work? My partner and I have put in 100% of the work involved in this cache, the LAND owner zip. Why are you having so much trouble understanding 100% of the work as opposed to zip? I haven't decided any one is a crook, those are your words. You don't seem to understand that most of the good info I have received has come in the form of PM's and most of the bull by posts. It is easy to critize and act like you are the superior majority, but you never know for shore. There are many that agree with me. I picture you as that man in the book, man without a country. hot cat 2.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you even post your story and ask for advice, if you didnt want anyone's opinion? We must speak different English, since you said "with all the corruption in the unions" they might dig it themselves. I guess if someone is corrupt, then they arent "crooks"?
As I said before, just go and tell the LO that you want 2/3 of HIS cache, and that he doesnt deserve half, because he hasnt done anything. Maybe you have already told him that, hence the no reply!

Frankn, I have many countries!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, your interpertation is incorrect as usual. The 10% is a finders fee, he is not a partner.

Last time I checked common sense, anytime you offer somebody a percentage for doing part of the work, they are a partner in the endevour. But once again you failed to answer the question. Who's portion of the cache is that 10% coming form, yours, your "partner's" or the land owner's?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Maipenrai,I accept all opinions as just that, opinions. I don't go along with all of them. There is plenty of corruptions in unions, I know, I use to be in one and saw it first hand, But you are confusing things, that was a mention about another cache. Many countries, let me guess. You are in the merchant marines.

ppratt, Thanks

Jason, You are wrong again. Just because someone works for a percentage does not make them a partner. My minor was in business administration. BY the way, check out that post on the tractor filled with gold bars. Click on the garage posters. They have one with a fire truck in the garage. thought you might be interested.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok for the sake of argument lets call him a stubborn SOB for not wanting to split 4 million. So what does that make you rejecting a 1 million dollar deal? Smart? Considering it's his property there's a point where you just do the sale and collect what you can.

I wasn't aware I have found priceless relics, but to answer your question I generally give them what they ask for... which is either to see what I find, or split half the gold, and we definitely don't need lawyers to negotiate the deal.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Endless dribble. Will it ever end? As previously stated (maybe by me?), the landowner could care less about you, your partner, or your offer. You should have got when the getting was good. Now it's too late. Your greed caused you to lose all of it. He will never answer you. You have worn out your welcome in more ways than one.

BTW- 10% is 10% no matter what you call it.::)

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is this officially the longest thread in Treasurenet history yet?

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a fair deal

So is the officially the longest thread in Treasurenet history yet?

I'll pipe in just to do my part to make history.
First, I am embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I have spent hours of my life scrolling through this thread. Initially it was humorous but has turned to ludicrous.
Your third partner got paid $75 and 10% for doing a couple of hours (at most) of work at the courthouse. Yes, you can search both forward and backwards in the property records (I thought that all you BA minors knew that). Let him earn his gazillion dollars in gold by approaching the landowner and working out a fair and equitable deal and just accept the outcome. My bet is that he is the most capable and level-headed of the bunch. It will probably be a 10/20/20/50 deal and you will be darn lucky to get it.
Best of luck on your searches.
VOR

This isn't what you want to hear but you asked. I am sure you will slam me, as you have most of this community, for not taking your position.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg OK, lets start at the top!
Iron Patch, that was $4m each on a 1/3 split.

digummup, oh yes, endless dribble like my bulldogs mouth, but only at the sight of food to enjoy. "10% is 10% no matter what you call it". That was a brillant statement. How long did it take you to come up with that?

Smudge, NO, actually the cabin in browns park went 5 years.

VOR,So, what else could you do with your time? Perhaps swat that bug? I don't have a third partner. The searcher earned his $75 retainer and 10% commision if I find it. The 10% will come out of my partners and my share.

I have to replace a couple of hydraulic lines on my Kabota tomorrow so I am checking out now.

coins_0005 T gold_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this thread needs a body bag..... and one for the horse that is getting beaten for the 50/50 split.

Seriously..... months and months have passed.... now its just something for people argue about on the internet I guess.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lakemonster, do you always join others in the body bag, or was it the smell of the horse that attracted you?

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s start at the top!
Iron Patch, that was $4m each on a 1/3 split.

digummup, oh yes, endless dribble like my bulldogs mouth, but only at the sight of food to enjoy. "10% is 10% no matter what you call it". That was a brillant statement. How long did it take you to come up with that?

Smudge, NO, actually the cabin in browns park went 5 years.

VOR,So, what else could you do with your time? Perhaps swat that bug? I don't have a third partner. The searcher earned his $75 retainer and 10% commision if I find it. The 10% will come out of my partners and my share.

I have to replace a couple of hydraulic lines on my Kabota tomorrow so I am checking out now.

I see. So it's worth losing 2-3 million so the rightful owner wouldn't get more than 4 million. Yeah that makes a lot more sense!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Iron Patch, I never had the cache, so I can loose nothing! On the other hand, you say he ownes it, so he stands to loose $12M. You got to think positive!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I don't speak Port. Anyone know what he said? Lady Liberty.jpg

Was it that bad?

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, have you ever thought about changing your nickname to Don Quixote :laughing7:

Yeah, this post is getting old, but like a good wreck it's hard to avert your eyes from it :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread