The Offer

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm.... My crew has all the equipment necessary and still we are turned down. I guess there really is NO cache. Oh well- time to move on.

When you remove all possible answers to a question, the only thing that remains is the truth.

The only possible answer left concerning this cache-

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriately seductive behavior, usually beginning in early adulthood. These individuals are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD is most commonly found in the United States and affects four times as many women as men.[SUP][1][/SUP] It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population, and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.[SUP][2][/SUP]
HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders.[SUP][3][/SUP] People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation.[SUP][3][/SUP] They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism,self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin.... 9 out of 10 folks are telling you 50-50 split, your well into your 70,s and father time can come knocking on your door any day now,relaxing on a sunny beach today sure seems better then buried 6 foot under right next to your cache loot tomorrow

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to bust everbodies bubble but...........American Diggers will be on this cashe in an episode this summer...Boom Baby!

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the reason why we are having a harder time finding properties to dig. We donate everything we find to the museum, the university and the historical societies. I have been working with UPenn and we are having a ***** of a time securing permission. I was blaming it on American Diggers.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
dogpound, He doesn't have the clues to the cach location, only the amount.

GIB, You gunned yourself down with that HPD description. "can be easily influenced by others".

Dale G M, You have a good point, but the way I have always looked at life is I keep riding the board untill the wave flips me.

Mad joker, This is about the offer not the cache itself, But I don't think it is on the hose property.

Lorddean 13, You got a point, I am beginning to like the English system. They get the cache and we get the cash. I wonder what they would do with a alion tree? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
If it's there or not who knows. If you came up to me and said that something was buried on my land that was worth 150,000 or what ever it is now (only read to Pg.13 got bored) and you wanted a 3 way split I would say your off your bloody rocker! 50/50 is more than fair. I wouldn't care if you had 2-200 partners your going to pay them from your cut. I wouldn't care if you did all the research and foot work I didn't call you remember you contacted me you want to go after it you play by my rules. Now if I were the land owner who knew something was on my land from stories being told that's a whole different barrel of fish then I could see maybe doing a three way split 1/3 since you would be doing more work . But out of the 13 pages I read this may have been brought up later in the post but no one mentioned that O.k. you got a hold LO 1 offered him a 1/3 split then you said it may be on the property next to his LO2 who to say that LO 1 didn't contact LO 2 and say can you keep an eye on things (which isn't uncommon to have a neighbor do) I had so and so call and he goes on to explain the situation and LO2 says the same thing they start talking and each have tools that they both could use knowing whats at stake they say the he!! with you and split 50/50 . Thanks for letting me know it's there.

Last edited:

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to look on a property NEVER tell them what IS there, let it be a surprise. If it were my land I would go online get a detector and do it myself since it isn't going anywhere with out my say so.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Drewan29, nice dog, if he was blue and white he would look just like my pit bull. We did do more work. We each have over 8 months researth on computer and in actually interviewing relatives of parties in the story. We have the clues required to find it. The two lots are over 10 acres in rough territory. Finding it ,even with the clues, is not going to be a walk in the park.

Lorddean13, Yea, it's that honest streak in me that has plagued me all my life.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
OK I'm back, just not back with all the insults (for now).

Just nice honest questions.

I know i have done a little research on cache's but not as much as you, but do you always spend this much time on a cache without approaching the owner for a solid answer?

If you have located other cache have you ever posted them on here? If you have found them, and not posted them, can you?

With all the negative post or opinions, do you feel you may have approached this cache wrong? You have to feel something. It's like when everyone of your friends thinks your girlfriend is bad news and you keep saying no she isn't. Then you wake up one day and think hey she's bad news and your drop her off on the curb. It takes time to see what others see early.

Do you regret making this post? Even as passionate as I am at somethings. I don't think I can sit around defending myself and business partner for months on end.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
ppratt said:
OK I'm back, just not back with all the insults (for now).

Just nice honest questions.

I know i have done a little research on cache's but not as much as you, but do you always spend this much time on a cache without approaching the owner for a solid answer?

If you have located other cache have you ever posted them on here? If you have found them, and not posted them, can you?

With all the negative post or opinions, do you feel you may have approached this cache wrong? You have to feel something. It's like when everyone of your friends thinks your girlfriend is bad news and you keep saying no she isn't. Then you wake up one day and think hey she's bad news and your drop her off on the curb. It takes time to see what others see early.

Do you regret making this post? Even as passionate as I am at somethings. I don't think I can sit around defending myself and business partner for months on end.

I think his cache is this thread that just goes on and on

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, Most of the research is in locateing the land owner, so it had to be done before we approached him. I don't post cache finds.
You will find out some day that the only one you have to jestify your self to is yourself. As for this post, you seem to enjoy it.

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I never said anything about the post I ask if you regret it?

Why dont you post them? Will you post when and if you find this one? If so what makes this so different?

I already don't care what others think. Most of the population could kill over and I would be Ok with it. We may be better off if we/they did. If I'm in the select people to go. I'm OK with it. I have a son on the other side I would love to see.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, I have few regrets in life and this post is not one of them. I enjoy both getting useful info and batting the bull.

Cash hunters don't post there finds. There was a TH who wrote a book about his many hunts, but stated that he never found anything. Fat chance!! This post is about the offer, but if I don't find it, I will post the info.

Well we have one thing in common, I just lost a son also. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I decided, when it gets back down to 80, I am heading back up to meet The second land owner face to face. Heads down_edited-1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ticm, you mean you just lost your best part? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, That's not what I said, but comparing it to the top end, it is probably his best part.

bosco

Mar 23, 2012
knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one question and one question only. At this point...what us this all about ? My head hurts from reading all of this.

But on the other hand...it is quite interesting...I think.

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I have one question and one question only. At this point...what us this all about ? My head hurts from reading all of this.

But on the other hand...it is quite interesting...I think.

OK in short

Frankn learned of a buried cache. He started researching it. Found out someone else was working on the same thing. They teamed up, and spend a couple hours in the library and a couple hundred in gas. They both decided the Landowner (LO) didn't know it was there and doesnt own the treasure, didn't do any research, or work to retrieve it. Since that was the case, they decided the LO doesnt deserve a bigger cut than them because he gets to sip on Ice tea and watch them work, so they offer him 1/3 cut of his cache. They also figured out that they can't find it so they hired a guy to do it for them and offered him 10% of a low ball estimate of 150K, when the real estimate is right around 12Million or so. After 2 spam emails, to the LO they never met telling them of this fortune and willing to cut him in, just to give them permission. The LO said sure for a 50/50 cut. Frankn said your crazy. He then posted it on here for us to hopefully have his back and ask us for opinions about the offer, and 6 months, 729 post and almost the entire T-net forum telling him hes wrong later. You find yourself here. Oh yeah, he just decided that when the weather gets nicer around 80 degrees and a cool breeze coming in from the north he will pay the LO a visit (not sure if it will be the first time or not, it's been a long thread).

I'm sure Franky sees it another way, and tell me I have a nice butt and call me something worse then pond scum. And I have no clue how to handle cache hunts, because I don't do it often as he does (this part is true). But this is how I see it right or wrong this is the picture he has painted for me. I'm sure I left out some things both good and bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread