The Offer

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say that at all how did you get that out of what i said? she didn't ask questions first just like you didn't now she didn't get paid and you are out on your butt also. Why should I pay it wasn't my car. What's that teaching her. If she did the job out of love then no money should be ask for I only do things I get paid for. I don't do anything if I don't get anything in return. How's that for my time is worthless.

It don't matter man. Frankn chooses to ignore logic and facts. He would rather be right in his own little world even though 99% out of 750+ posts are telling him he is wrong. But hey, what does the rest of the world know if you are right no matter what, right Frank?

I'm still waiting for an actual answer to the question posed above. (even though I know he will never give one because he is lying in the first place)

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many things here to comment on, but almost seems there is no use. Most of us would like to see Frankn come to a deal, but stubbornness is winning. Yeah Robert, I realize that there is a possibility that this thread was started as a theoretical question, and maybe got out of hand, and there is no bird in the bush. On the other hand, its been a nice diversion, and brings up questions that many have thought about. No one wants to give away THEIR treasure, but sometimes that is the only way to get anything. Of course Frankn sees us as GIVING away his share of the treasure, so now it is a battle of wits, but started by Frankn himself. He asked for opinions and got more than he expected, and now is just wasting time, trying to convince everyone that they are wrong.

I know many people that have garages and barns full of Stuff they have bought and hoped to make a profit on, but time has passed them by, and the Stuff is out of date, but they are still clinging to old memories of when this was worth something, and wont sell now for almost any price. People even pay for storage lockers to keep worthless stuff. Frankn's Stuff of course wont get out of date, but it could be found by someone else or the property could be sold and fenced in, then what? Deals are not made in stone, and the idea that cache hunters never talk of past finds is just plain silly, it just shows that maybe there are no past finds. Past finds dont have to be printed in the local news, but it this case, talking with the LO, it would show some experience and professionalism. I doubt at this point sweet talking will work, he will see through that in a hurry, but being professional will go a long way. Telling the LO that you would like to get to know his dog better or asking about his daughters birthday, will just pi$$ him off. This e-mail thing will not work, everyone knows that. The LO might have already put that e-mail in with the Nigerian mail. No word on the registered letter that was sent, so what happened with that?

Frankn, just give up on your high morals or what ever they are, and make the deal, get the cache, and you will soon forget the silly days of trying to get the extra mill. You will only remember the long and exciting hunt, and the thrill of finally digging that hole and seeing coins sparkling in the sun. Maybe even counting your blessings that you didnt have to dispose of that extra million.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Kache, I have talked to many cach hunters and never have I heard in detail the finding of an actual cash. There is even a book out by a cache hunter that went after many caches, but in the book he never found one. SURE! The guy had to eat. Sure they exchange stories of caches, but no details of finds.

Robertwhite,but robert,I didn't say it was OK to get $4M but not $3M you did, so answer your own statement.
You say your pay has nothing to do with what the boss thinks? Guess again!
You say he owes me nothing, that is correct, but also, I owe him nothing. It works both ways.
Your offcolor remarks make you a marked man.

ppratt, " I don't do anything if I don't get anything in return." Ever hear of CHARITY?

Maipenrai: You say cache hunters talk about their finds! How about the details on your largest find?
And yes, I am having fun watching watching posters who have to resort to offcolor wording in order to express themselves improperly.
Sure I have thought about taking the 25%, but this is a waiting game as I have mentioned further back. Sure I would like to spend some of that money, but so would he. There is an old saying, " things that are worthwhile are worth waiting for." , but in todays grab what I can while I can that has been forgotten. Yes, I was raised in a far different world! The hand shake is just a meaningless jesture now.

Chube-blk-500.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, I never said cache hunters go into detail about their finds, or even go to a public forum and spill out a lot of clues. Have I found a cache, NO. Have I found part of a cargo of coins from a ship wreck, YES. Would I tell everyone here all about it, NO.

Im sure your enough of a story teller, to talk with the LO about caches you may have found, without spilling out all the details, and he wouldnt spill out all the details about how he does his land investments either. Why do you have to turn this into a contest? Who is talking about hand shakes, you have never met the LO, so how do you know if his hand shake is worthless? He may be thinking, that in the "old days", people met face to face, not send silly e-mails, so he could be just as old fashioned as you. Which world were you raised in? Seems you were raised in the world where you come on to a forum and try to get ideas on how to get the biggest cut of the pie, because the LO doesnt deserve anything, because he didnt do anything. You didnt get all the support that you wanted, so you spend time arguing

If you dont want to meet the LO, then just bomb him with e-mails, Im sure he will give in and let you have 100%. Or your tactic of out waiting him out sounds like a winner also,

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robertwhite,but robert,I didn't say it was OK to get $4M but not $3M you did, so answer your own statement.

You didn't? Gee that's funny, as you stated many times that you would gladly split the assumed $12M with the LO for 1/3 each, but since he told you he wanted 50% you would not even discuss it. So for those with a lack of comprehension, that means you are fine with $4M but refuse to discuss it over $3M.

Does that spell it out clearly enough for you?

You say your pay has nothing to do with what the boss thinks? Guess again!

OK, so why don't you explain your position since you obviously know more than anyone on this board.

You say he owes me nothing, that is correct, but also, I owe him nothing. It works both ways.

Once again you refuse to answer the question. What part of he could care less about you and your "cut" don't you understand. You say you owe him nothing, we collectively say he is sitting on the money so you will get nothing because of your elitist attitude. In the end, who wins that little game? Oh that's right, the landowner.

Your offcolor remarks make you a marked man.

Is that some kind of veiled threat? I sure hope not.

As I have said many times already. You are a complete :occasion18: and a utter :occasion18: if you think everyone in this thread believes your tale. There is no giant cache, there is no gold coins, and there is a very high probability that you are sitting in your mommys' basement typing all your dribble. You have yet to answer a single question anyone has asked without trying to skate around it and you get all defensive when called on your BS. Can't take the heat because :occasion18:
Tell you what. Show us all one teeny tiny bit of indisputable evidence that you are not :occasion18:and I will never post in another one of your threads again.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kentucky Kache

Kache, I have talked to many cach hunters and never have I heard in detail the finding of an actual cash. There is even a book out by a cache hunter that went after many caches, but in the book he never found one. SURE! The guy had to eat. Sure they exchange stories of caches, but no details of finds.

That's strange, because there are a few on this forum that have posted cache finds. Maybe you're thinking about hunters trying to dodge the IRS. In that case, yeah, you'd want to stay hushed, but otherwise you wouldn't. That would be the best advertisement you could get as a professional cache hunter.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ambergris mounted 475.jpg Maipenrai, A world where a man's word was his bond, a world where a man made a fair offer and not a starting point for barganing, a world where a handshake sealed the deal, but that is history now. I am sure you know what this is, being of the sea.

ppratt, I give you credit for an honest confession.

Kache, gosh, I must have missed them. Which post is it where a cache hunter relates his big find?

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kache, come on now , a change purse and a pile of coins from the park are not cache hunting, they are accidental finds, they involved no research. Where is the large one?

Ma and Pa clutch 475.jpg

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

No, you're wrong, those ARE caches. They're small ones, but they're caches. There are at least two or three large ones on here. Look them up.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kache. It plainly stated that it was an accidental park find. How do you make that out to be a cache hunt?

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

Kache. It plainly stated that it was an accidental park find. How do you make that out to be a cache hunt?

I don't make it out to be a cache hunt, I make it out to be a cache find. But that's only one, and a small one at that.

Look, I'm just trying to point out that caches are posted on here. I know that if I did this for a living, and did everything above the table, I'd want the world to know about every cache I found. That would prove to the world that I could find caches, so people would want me to come find THEIR cache. ADVERTISEMENT.

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, I'm just trying to point out that caches are posted on here. I know that if I did this for a living, and did everything above the table, I'd want the world to know about every cache I found. That would prove to the world that I could find caches, so people would want me to come find THEIR cache. ADVERTISEMENT.

How dare you try and insert logic into this thread. Hmmmph, the nerve of some people. :thumbsup:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, you just dont get it! Your "fair" offer is only fair for you, not the LO. Its not even fair to the members here. Havent you ever bought a car, antiques, used equipment? These things dont have a marked price, or at least a price carved in stone. One person throws out a number and the other counters with another number, if he isnt satisfied. Even big corporations are bought and sold that way, there are no numbers carved in stone. If at the end of Negotiations, either the deal is done or one of the parties walks away. They dont hang around and wait for the other to die! To sweeten a deal, other things are agreed upon, something else thrown in.

This isnt something we should have to tell you, you should already know by now, but you are stuck on this figure and will not budge. You will not get that cache without him, but its possible for him to get the cache without you!! He is the one with the cards, a full house and your only holding a pair and trying to bluff.

Since you have the facts, and the rest of us can just guess, my guess is that the cache could be found with any high end detector, since they are not usually buried that deep. Nine acres is not impossible to search, not even that hard, no matter what the terrain. He already knows there is something extremely valuable there, he is half way smart, (probably much smarter than you have given credit for), so nothing more to do than get his own detector or hire someone, at a much cheaper price than 8m! Do you get my drift? He has all the cards and even can choose the deck! All he needs to do is do a few searches on treasure and caches, and if he searches long enough, he will run into this forum, then he will have everything!
I think most of us here are fairly loyal to fellow hunters, and if someone finds his "honey hole", we might leave it for him, but now were talking about 12m and that is a whole different game. All the LO has to do is contact a few selected members here, and he could recover HIS treasure for almost nothing! Any one of us would be happy to help him find it, for the hunt, for the experience, and for money. If someone paid me 100k to hunt his 9 acres, I might be out there for a year, and if its there, I would find it.
Now on the other hand, if you wouldnt have talked down to us, we might have had more sympathy for your cause, but you spend time with silly jokes and your "cache hunter" attitude, so im sure there are members here that would even hunt that cache for FREE, just to pi$$ you off.

I just hope you realize that your pair of duces is not the strongest hand, make that terrible compromise and start digging! I dont like to talk about peoples age, since Im getting up there too, but hey man, at 74, you cant afford to play the waiting game too long, and even if you somehow succeed in that game, what will you do with the money, use it to buy a place in a rest home? Stop trying to make out like the LO is a worthless crook, explain to him (in person) and come to a deal you can both live with. But that compromise does not include 2/3 for you and your partner, live with it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RobertWhite you need to read our rules. Watch the language, stop calling members liars, no attacks on other members are allowed here.........This applies to all who are breaking the rules......

TreasureNet - Rules

Last edited:

bosco

Mar 23, 2012
knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This post will never end...lol. Does anyone know what the longest post has been ? I'm just curious as to whether this one is the longest thread on here. I'm gone for a couple days and come back to find it has grown by another five or more pages.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Kache, but you would also have relatives that you didn't know you had with their hands out, more salesman than you knew existed, the IRS double checking every scrap of paper in the house and all your computer files, and they would have NSA printing out all your phone calls for the last 10 years. Sometimes advertiseing pays with pain. What you see posted here on T Net is small change. I was talking about CACHE HUNTING, not stumble on small change. Oh yes they are nice to find, but don't change your life.

Maipenrai, When I go to a yard sale and see something I can use, I set a price in mine. I look the person straight in the eyes and say, That item is worth $X to me. If they want more I look at a different item. I usually get it for my offered price. I am not a bargainer, I just offer a fair value, that's how I operate. I only talk down to someone as a return jesture I consider everyone equal to me untill they prove otherwise. I know my morals are out of style in the "modern, grab what you can world", but you know that saying about old dogs.

ticm, I don't gamble, drink or smoke.

Bosco, The longest thread that I remember lasted over 5 years. I think it was called The cabin in browns park, or something like that. I did not intend this to be a long thread, but it seams to be enjoyed by some ridiculed by some and a place to help for others. It seams to bring out some members inner personalities.

View attachment 654063

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread