The Offer

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
Moonrover So your saying, sell it slowly for cash with no paperwork and don't stand out in a crowd. Looks like SOP!

>

Not my exact words, but I'd probably say something like that. Low profile is good. No profile is even better.

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Lastleg, there are several versions of this tale, but the basics are well documented. One version states that the cache is in GOLD COINS. The other versions just state a value of the cache. So I figure the eagles will fly. Frank

Attachments

• coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 102

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If you tell us the time period it might help figuring out which version is correct. That wouldn't give anything away.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Okie Jack. One of them.

Last leg, Both stories have elements that are correct. It was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle using two puzzles. It had a big element that had changed over time. I think that is why it has not been found in the past. My partner and myself with some professional help pieced it together. I think everyone that looked for it was about 30 miles off. We have definitely tied the site to the story. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 495

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if that is a real double eagle in the pic witch I don't think they made any proofs it would be worth depending on the mint mark anywhere from 30,000 to 850,000 or more .

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was real . I hope you find a big box of them that's for sure . The real ones anyway that would be great. Good luck on your hunt for wealth.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have 2 gold coins that reside in a safe deposit box that belongs to me and my son. As far as I am concerned they are his when I go. That's one way to pass on the wealth without taxes. Joint ownership passes on to the survivor. Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 481

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1050. Well It's gonna be a baby boy. He will carry his dad's name. Poorhunter Jr.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dang, I thought maybe you were going to make him Richunter! Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 430
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Spart, Forgot what you posted here before have you. Well it happens to some of us as we age. lol Frank

Attachments

• flower#10  500.jpg
    flower#10 500.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82

wacouta

Aug 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be very careful. According to this statement you have already been tresspassing on private property in attempts to track down the cache. You might not want to include that in the negotiations.
I think the best bet is just to ask the owner if he or she would mind if you did some metal detecting and if you found anything you'd split it. I think that is what the guy in England did when he found that hoard on a farmers land from the 8th century(?)

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
When you look for a large cache, you better set the % of split before you start, and in writing or you will hear the infamous words " It is mine" from the land owner. As far as the English find, I believe it is an automatic 50/50 there minus the countries cut. Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 363
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, Poorhunter and I are trying to find a common date when we can go and talk to the land owner. My MH is all set up. I just replaced the house batteries and stocked the Lauder. Right now it's looking like about a week. If permission is obtained, I will stay there for about a week on the property. Hope the weather holds up. Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 291
K

Kentucky Kache

Well, Poorhunter and I are trying to find a common date when we can go and talk to the land owner. My MH is all set up. I just replaced the house batteries and stocked the Lauder. Right now it's looking like about a week. If permission is obtained, I will stay there for about a week on the property. Hope the weather holds up. Frank

This is a good time to cache hunt, as long as you don't get caught in the rain.:icon_thumright:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank
How many treasures are you looking for? Do not worry about me looking for your treasures, I live in Stratford, Connecticut.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kache, The weather looks great, high 60's. I have a good raincoat and the MH will be right there to sit it out in.

Sam, Sounds like a long drive, but be my guest. lol Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 268

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread