OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hell Frankn that there is one of those rare goosenose English Bulldogs! GL on the hunt!

Actually It's a photoshop event. They never saw each other. One of my other pastimes. Frank...
ELVIS 003.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I am in the tuneup mode. Checking out all systems on the MH and refurbing the detectors and making test runs on the back 5 ac. I had a bad 9v battery connector and had to replace it. Added bright LED's to the pinpointers and 2 Box. The 2 box is a simple instrument but you got to know how to set it up or it is useless. It has tested good out to 6'. Found all the drains and even the 3/4" waterpipe, that surprised me. I am in the process of stocking the motorhome with diesel and LP and food and water plus replacing all the things I "borrowed" to use in the house. I am going to try for a May landing. If I get permission, I will be set up to spend 2 weeks there. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic! The hunt team of man and dog is about to hit the field. If you find too much buried stuff to tote off in your RV, give me a call.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fantastic! The hunt team of man and dog is about to hit the field. If you find too much buried stuff to tote off in your RV, give me a call.

Is there to much? lol Frank...

coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that you bring it up, I don't recall anyone complaining about having too much gold. Too little space to store it is a welcome problem.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I am working on the window seals, the bane of the MH industry. The black plastic surround seals shrink and usually depart at the corners"curves". I usually work the seal around until it fits properly and then fill the gap between the ends with silicone sealer. Works great and is a cheap fix. I have to check all the tires and the air ride boosters. The tires are 8 years old and have 40K on them, but they are not cracking and have over 50% tread left. I usually carry 70#s in the tires and 65#s in the air ride bags. Things are checking out ok so far. The water system is next. Frank...

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Darned neoprene seal strips shrink. No matter how new the RV. Older rubber seals didn't shrink as much but dried and cracked. Can't win! Every year, I have to touch up the window seals with black silicone, then razor blade off the excess to make it look neat again.

Don't worry about those tires. The tire sellers would like us to purchase new ones every seven years. Mine are right at seven years according to the mfg date codes and they were installed five tears ago "new". Dealer told me a two year old tire is still sold as new. I crabbed about it, but my options were limited. Either I bought his old "new" tires or switched to a different rim because my current rims use a tire size no longer carried by most dealers.

Happy that your treasure hunt mobile command post is about ready to hit the field.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The command post is about ready, but is the commander ready? Seems like a bit of stalling going on. With such a big cache waiting, maybe there is a fear that there is only a hole, or the research has been all wrong.

I have the same problem coming up in a few weeks. After hundreds of hours doing research, its time to actually dig, but I keep thinking, that just a little more research is needed!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The command post is about ready, but is the commander ready? Seems like a bit of stalling going on. With such a big cache waiting, maybe there is a fear that there is only a hole, or the research has been all wrong.

I have the same problem coming up in a few weeks. After hundreds of hours doing research, its time to actually dig, but I keep thinking, that just a little more research is needed!

There is never a cache untill it comes out of the ground! Yes there is a chance that you can find empty holes in the ground or find a place that in no way matches your story. I also have a problem with procrastination, but once I start out that vanishes and it is full bore ahead. The way I look at it is, if I can get permission, and it is there, I can find it. I have done it before, and I can do it again. This is the big one.

I am up to the water system on the MH. I have to flush it out twice and flush the holding tanks. I use the same bacteria and enzine chemicals that I use in my septic system at home. It keeps the sensors clean. I can make the 40 gallons of spring water I put in the fresh water tank last 2 weeks. I have the caned goods stocked and I am precooking some meals and vacume packing and freezing them. The dometic is working flawlessly.
I have to figure out that blasted Garmin E trec Vista C GPS all over again the layout of the program is really bad. I had it in the field yesterday and it appeared to be reading backwards. To many bells and whistles.
I am looking at maybe mid May for GO. Frank... Blue 1212.jpg Blue's ready!

Last edited:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue is probably wondering what all the fiddling around is about. He doesn't gives a rat's tail about GPS stuff. Just have him sniff a few gold twenties then turn him loose with orders to find-dig-retrieve more like them.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue is probably wondering what all the fiddling around is about. He doesn't gives a rat's tail about GPS stuff. Just have him sniff a few gold twenties then turn him loose with orders to find-dig-retrieve more like them.[/QUOTE

I Wish ! Frank... Blue 1212.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, good luck on your hunting, are you taking doggie along?
I hope to be digging in May also, but kinda accepting that it may need a couple of hunts, before its found, if there is anything to find. More worried about the area has changed, and cant even get near the place. But I have several thousand miles to travel, so thats another reason for putting it off.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well the LP tank is full and I am $38 lighter. It's all washed . Water system and holding tank checkout tomorrow. I am looking at the 2nd week in May, weather permitting. Frank... 500MH.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lookingood ... get picture of Blue in navigator seat after you get all packed.

The seat holds a large dog bed with sheepskin lining. He has a large bed also under the table. His toys and food are already in there. He loves to look out the window and smell the air coming in his two vent grills. He's ready! Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The water system and holding tanks checked out and the water tank is filled with spring water now. I am ready to bomb it. I set off a bug bomb in it each spring to kill the ants that get into it during the idle time. The batteries , all 4, took a total of 1 1/2 L of distilled water. I keep it on the charger during idle time. The plates were still flooded so that was OK. After the bomb, I have to do all windows inside. You have to use a non ammonia window cleaner to avoid fogging same as in a car. It is still looking like the second full week in May as the takeoff time, weather permitting. Frank...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread