OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Releventchair, It took me weeks just to cut those trails. This is on my farm, but From the Google search I surmise that is what I am going to run into. It is not near the house. The one who hid it did not live there. He did not own the property. Ops, did I say to much?
Blue is a red nose pit bull. He is afraid of nothing. I take care of him and he takes care of me. Frank

IMG_8928-700.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20121117_123655.jpg Man i thought hunting ten acres meant deer hunting ooops.
Heres a newer pup,others are smaller breed.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Frank, thats a lot of brush, and I dont think you will be burning someone elses property! I could just see that, buring down a dozen farms, you would be famous, so that goes your low profile!

Sorry to hear about your partner, how old was he?

Some guy around here, just inherited about one and a half mil, and went out to celebrate, got stinking drunk and crashed his car on the way home, died. Life isnt easy sometimes.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Releventchair, I cut the trails for my deer hunting friends. At my age, I have lost the killer instinct, Except for self defense. The pup looks like a black&tan that I had. Great coon hound!

Maipenrai, He is listed here in the memorial Thread. I think he was 33. Way to young to go. If I find it, his family will get a cut. Frank

rose on ice 700 this one.jpg

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If I may? The land owner now knows there is something valuble on his land, and will start investigating. Hate to say it, but the clock is ticking..50/50 is better than 0/100...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Swiftfan, It will never be 0/100. I have not given him a clue as to what the story is and the story is not tied directly to his property. I have lost my partner so it will be 50/50 if I can get consent to look. Part of my 50 will go to my partners widow and kids. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 063-1.jpg

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's good that the story is not tied directly, nor do they know the story. Sorry about your partner. Good luck, hope they take the deal.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I may? The land owner now knows there is something valuble on his land, and will start investigating. Hate to say it, but the clock is ticking..50/50 is better than 0/100...
I agree with you. The land owner may be upset and not let anybody search his land. I hope that Frankn is searching for other treasures.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Sam, NO, he looks better! Frank rose on ice 700 this one.jpg

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion is take the 50/50 deal----good luck !!!------:occasion14:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
After detecting and cache hunting 42 yrs ,Frankn its better to take a 50/50 split and I know most times it's a 25/75 with the land owner getting 25%. but 50-50 is better than nothing, I've waited somestimes too late and some one got wind of the cache and chisled in on me and split with the land owner,so think it over, you're smarter that me by far but in todays world,considering AGE factor if you can find it and get what you can before the grey hair turns white and falls out with the health. jmho. been their. rwd mo

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Frankn what state you in? That looks like a wild bunch of bush ? Gosh if you have to have a loader back hoe etc to get in their thats tuff stuff. Burn it.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pitbull.. I also have a pitbull he is white and black and his name is buddy.. Next to my wife he is my best friend and is always loving and loyal.. I hate the misconception of these dogs.. They are some of the mosy loyal and loving dogs you can own.. The only thing they don't understand is that they are not lap dogs LOL..

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi frankn, sorry to hear about your partner. Thats really nice of you to help the the widow on the 50/50.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Digging440years, Now that my partner has passed on I will go for the 50/50 if i can get the owner to answer my inquires. Maybe a early spring hunt. I am working on a winter hunt right now.

rwd mo, I am in Maryland on the PA line between I83 & I95. The brush is on my farm. At 75, the grays are moving out. Know the feeling.

pong12211, Actually, he is a Statfordshire Terrior commonly called a Red Nosed Pittbull . Oh he is a lap dog, lol all 60 pounds of muscle. What you have to watch for is that he butts with his head and his noise. He likes to chase the cats. He is faster. He gets up beside them and butts them over with his noise, then jumps over them. He is just playing, never bites them. He can hear a cat walking in the grass 200' away. He can hear a cellophane rapper crackle 50' away, like on a pack of cookies. He wears an electric collar locked on beeper. when we walk he ranges about 100' around me checking out the area. If I don't see him I beep twice and he appears like a ghost out of thin air.

Peralta, He earned it, just because he is gone doesn't change it. I live by my word. Frank

IMG_8928-700.jpg Hay, you lookin for me?

Last edited:

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,

Been away for awhile facing my own challenges, all is well now and I am back.
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your partner. The word "Partner" to me is very special, an upgrade from friend. You will have few true friends in your life, and even fewer men you can call "partner".
I hope that this works out someday and that you will be able to share with his family the fruits of your labor.

S-8

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Warmer weather for a week and I will head up there to spend a week or so if I can get permission . Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Warmer weather for a week and I will head up there to spend a week or so if I can get permission . Frank
Frankn ... I hope you have all the luck in the world....When you get the age we are it is best to get in & get out as fast as you can.. Then relax for a time...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread