OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I can't understand why sertain people are getting all shook up. I stated the facts. I buried a coin purse with 13 silver dollars in it when I was about 10. Some people can't accept a fact that they don't agree with and call it a lie with no backing whatsoever. I consider the cache mine because I buried it when I lived on the property so I can't see how recovering it is illegal. I have seen many cases where items found were claimed by there orginal owner. So if I am the finder and the orginal owner, it must be mine. I also can't see how people that are really into coins expect others to also have great knowledge of coins. If I suspect a coin is valueable, I look it up in the coin book, but coins are not something I dwell on.

Attachments

• Funny face-flower.jpg
    Funny face-flower.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 112

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well while you ponder what to do about this cache, I'll be knocking on every door of a house in MD that has a football sized rock in their yard. I'll quickly relate the story to the owner and offer him a 50/50 split on the find :laughing7:

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn , i think the main complaint was that you asked for advice how to handle it then was saying you were thinking of sneaking in and taking the coins when no one was home or late at night . which seems ilegal .

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
mical66, I buried the coins when I was 10. Who do you believe they belong to? Have you ever walked on anothers persons property without asking? You really have to think about it. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lakemonster, What do you think those 13 silver dollars would be worth today? Is that $140 or what? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know there are some people that go through life craving validation, asking the same question over and over until they her the response they're looking for.

And this is a prime example :laughing9: NEXT :tongue3:

Sincerely,

Dr. Spartacus53 :laughing7:

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Frankn said:
I can't understand why sertain people are getting all shook up. I stated the facts. I buried a coin purse with 13 silver dollars in it when I was about 10. Some people can't accept a fact that they don't agree with and call it a lie with no backing whatsoever. I consider the cache mine because I buried it when I lived on the property so I can't see how recovering it is illegal. I have seen many cases where items found were claimed by there orginal owner. So if I am the finder and the orginal owner, it must be mine. I also can't see how people that are really into coins expect others to also have great knowledge of coins. If I suspect a coin is valueable, I look it up in the coin book, but coins are not something I dwell on.

It's not dwelling it's educating yourself so u don't get taken for a ride. It only makes you a better when you know what your dealing with.

I think there your coins. I'm not saying you didn't bury them nor can I say how the owner of the property should act. If i owned I would say go for it.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well while you ponder what to do about this cache, I'll be knocking on every door of a house in MD that has a football sized rock in their yard. I'll quickly relate the story to the owner and offer him a 50/50 split on the find :laughing7:

LOL

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, Good post! I don't deal with individual coins that much and the values do change, that's why I don't try to keep up with them. I do have a much dated coin book which will tell me if they are rare, but if I pulled up one it said was rare, I would run out to B&N book store and look for it in the latest coin book. As far as the cache, If it's still there, I will ride past the property in the next few weeks and see if it looks the same where I buried the coins. They were buried under a rock maybe 2" deep, so they there might have been a happy gardner years back. It's right next to the road so I could stop, run my vibra tector, which is only a cheerio-1.jpg couple of inches long, around the rock. If no signal ,it's gone and no ruffled feathers for the land owner.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, I feel kinda bad about my post, and hope it didn't inspire some of the others. I was just goin on at you. I know folks who don't have a pot to p*ss in and others who could probably buy and sell me ten times over. I try to treat everybody on the basis of how they treat me and can look them all right square in the eye. Go talk to the present landowners. Cool story and they might like it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay Rginn, your one of the good guys here. Looks like you live by the same rules I do.
1- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
2- If that fails, treat them as they treat you.
3- This is the fail safe rule, and may need to be applied first.- Treat others, before they treat you if you know what I mean. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Deerstalker, looks like you are the alternate target here. Sorry about that. There seams to be some dissbeleavers here. I guess if you life is shallow, you just go about knocking other people. This story is true, but it appears that some people are not use to reading factual content.

Funny face-flower.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Moved to where ? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn- That's ok. I take what people post at face value. You asked for suggestions, I gave one. If someone wants to take that out of context and mess with it...let them. I don't know you or any other people I've replied to. You may be yanking my chain, you may be on the up and up. I guess in time I'll be able to tell which members aren't legit, but as of right now, I'll try to help anyone here if I can.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
deerstalker, I really don't know what is going on here. The thread is marked moved and the two right hand columns are dead, but it still posts. Things are getting crazy here. But if this post is moved, consider it dead. No one will know the outcome.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F.

It was moved to the cache hunting forum is all...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, this thread is marked moved. If so consider it dead. The thing is you will never hear the conclusion because of a few naysayers who consider there own opinion gospel, even when their guess is wrong. hand print_edited-2.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print_edited-2.jpg THE END

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, all I did was move it to the proper forum, it is now in cache hunting forum, the thread is still active and will appear in new posts any time anyone responds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread