Attachments

• Picture 81.jpg
    Picture 81.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 751
  • Picture 82.jpg
    Picture 82.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0
Nice finds teleman :icon_thumright: It's a start, I bet there's more there yet to be found.

Great! A Shield give you a good timeframe for when there was activity on the road. The wear on the coin suggests at least 10 years worth of wear to me, which gives you a time frame of 1875-1893. Finding a nickel of any kind tells me you are looking slowly, carefully and methodically: exactly the traits needed to find older coins. Stone walls: bet that took a lot of hours to create, and a lot of stone. Was there a local source, or was it brought in from another location?

the stones came local from the fields cleared now returned back to woods there got to be cellar hole in area just havent located it yet but i will keep looking very old area first roads are here and have found king georges near by old cementarys also near1700 to 1800's

teleman 2525 said:
found an old road in the woods bordered by a stone wall on each side tried to locate foundation or cellar hole but no luck hunted the road found old shield nickle 1866 to 1883 cant read date to worn but its my first

A little photo touchup makes the last number look like an 8.
so i would guess 1868

Attachments

• Picture 81.jpg
    Picture 81.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 463

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back