Attachments

• headless horseman.jpg
    headless horseman.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 500

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH! OUCH! gosh darn that hurts just to look at it!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the...? Ok now we need a story here!

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
It fainly looks like bone screws in a hip joint. What the heck happened?

OP
OP
R

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Last summer I had my ankle fused from an old injury and so last summer was about as much fun as this summer is going to be. I had decided to mow the yard for the first time this year and things were going pretty good until I rolled my ankle and wound up on the ground swearing like a mechanic. It turns out that I had broken a screw and shifted the plate that was taken out. My doctor had to remove everything that was in there and start over from scratch since I broke the fusion as well. At any rate, I have to spend three months now in a cast... again. This go at mowing the yard was supposed to be the test run for seeing how my ankle would handle while out prospecting and metal detecting this summer, now we know.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your 'bad luck', take the doctors advice & heal for another day.
I have screws in my right hip, (been there).

Good Luck, Fossis..............

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rjwmam said:
Last summer I had my ankle fused from an old injury and so last summer was about as much fun as this summer is going to be. I had decided to mow the yard for the first time this year and things were going pretty good until I rolled my ankle and wound up on the ground swearing like a mechanic. It turns out that I had broken a screw and shifted the plate that was taken out. My doctor had to remove everything that was in there and start over from scratch since I broke the fusion as well. At any rate, I have to spend three months now in a cast... again. This go at mowing the yard was supposed to be the test run for seeing how my ankle would handle while out prospecting and metal detecting this summer, now we know.
I knew it, i knew it , mowing grass is not good for you, i always suspected it wasn't a good thing to do......I think it's a job for the ladies only.. javascript:void(0);

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it easy on that my grandson age 10 had his leg lenghtened last summer we put him in a wheel chair an took him as many places as we could take his chair. But, do what the Dr. said !

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Switch gears for awhile. Hit some estate auctions, flea markets & yard sales, etc. There is treasure everywhere if you look for it. Just as a small example I was at a local flea market a couple years ago & bought a GI Joe doll complete with rubber frogman suit & accessories for 3 bucks. The wife looked at me like I had lost my mind... When it sold on Ebay the following week for $185 she changed her tune...

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
NHBandit said:
Switch gears for awhile. Hit some estate auctions, flea markets & yard sales, etc. There is treasure everywhere if you look for it. Just as a small example I was at a local flea market a couple years ago & bought a GI Joe doll complete with rubber frogman suit & accessories for 3 bucks. The wife looked at me like I had lost my mind... When it sold on Ebay the following week for $185 she changed her tune...

knowing your stuff is key to finding good deals like that :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread