The pallet has run dry.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
About 5 weeks ago I posted about getting older and dusty boxes from all of my supply banks and noted that nothing newer than 95's were mixed in those boxes. There was a noticeable absence of marked coins. Consequently both my Brinks and Loomis suppliers were feeding me these same boxes all Brinks wrapped Square (5 x 5 x 2) boxes for the last couple of weeks. In that time I was on a record breaking pace netting as many as 30-40 keepers per box. It made me think I was experiencing what it must of been like to CRH in the late 90's. every box had at least a token keeper or 5 and some as many as 40. Not too many skunks at all.

Of course noticing the trend I upped my order and regretfully some of my suppliers neglected to increase my order and 1 even neglected to order my Tuesday pick up. I was a little perturbed as I knew it couldn't last. I did manage to plow through at least an additional 20 boxes over the last couple of weeks increasing my weekly total from 10 to 16 and I was doing pretty good. The first week of December I netted well over 300 keepers.

As in life all good things must come to an end and sure enough this week I started getting the newer boxes again chalked with tagged coins and even a couple of my own tags putting and end to my speculation that the Gov. was somehow collecting all the coins getting turned in, and depleting the supplies from the wearhouses through customer orders till they would have to deny my request as all the Halves had been removed from circulation. LOL

I must say that the first 1 of my 6 boxes that I searched this week did contain 6 keepers, but the last 5 were void of silver and chalked full of rednecks and striped edges. (tags) :(

So it appears as though my trip down memory lane has ended and my only hope is that a collection got turned in recently and gets mixed in with my own dumps and finds it way into my next box. :P

I have already reduced my orders for next week and the slow as you go plan goes back into effect and there will be more road trips scheduled.

Mojo

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Mojo,

I don't think it would be a good idea to lower the number of boxes you get. I would increase them as the holiday coin cash ins are going to show up
Rich

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
mojo man up and push through, don't let it get you down. the same thing happened to me remember? skunked out two weeks in a row---40 boxes, then i got the big one. rich is right. alot of silver will be filtering through in the next few weeks leading up to christmas and then there after when everybody is broke. i think it would be a mistake to decrease the boxes now.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Keep em coming! I went through the same thing with old dirty boxes and nice totals then I hit new boxes and went a couple weeks with the skunks and the ones then today hit a box with 68 keepers of which 48 were mostly walkers and bens. Next box was down to four but one was a nice Stone Mountain. Just the luck of the draw. :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks I deal with have told me that there is a shortage of halves due to their popularity lately. One bank tried to order me some last week and called to say the carrier had none. I was in the same boat as you, getting good boxes then one week I get canvas bag, these were good to me for one week. The next week its 1 plastic and 1 canvas. Bags were skunks, by another t-net silver hunter in the state next to me. Now I am getting canvas but these are heavily marked and no silver in them. I really think the carriers are being overwhelmed with orders for halves and their supplies are running out. The bags I got were marked with Brinks but I am ordering through another carrier. This only leads me to believe that they are buying from other carriers just to fufill their orders.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta keep your head up. You know the game, you can't always find the hoards of silver. I've been doing really well lately, had more luck than ever, and for a while it seemed like I wouldn't get anymore silver. Just keep at it. If you get less boxes, you might miss some silver, and someone else is gonna get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread