The Park After Dark?

Crush N Cans

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
I have a park/playground close by just off a main road that is PACKED during the day...sometimes hundreds of people. I've tried detecting during the day but the park is so busy with balls, frisbees and kids whizzing around it's quite a challenge. So I thought I'd try after dark once the park closed and everyone was gone. Weighing the risks it seems the worst that can happen is a fine of some sort. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• MetalDetect.jpg
    MetalDetect.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 623
Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Cheese, you say:

"The parks around here close at dark, but nobody cares that I hunt at night."

Oh no! Say it isn't so! How can you be so law-less and inconsiderate? When you saw those police men (who gave you nothing but a friendly wave), you should have gone and turned yourself in right then! To think you go on here openly advocating running afoul of laws ..... is just un-thinkable. :'( I think the "code of ethics" has some harsh words for your type!

Seriously now, you are right. This is like spitting on the sidewalk. A rule they have to post (so they can kick out campers/squatters, partyers, etc...), but as long as you're not in that sub-set, the reality is: most times no one usually cares.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread