fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-nettters, It's been a good while since I've been able to do any huntin . Workin on a pipeline goin through my area with a crazy amount of hours. Last Friday they shut it down for the holiday's so should have a lil freetime. I was able to get out a few times this past week, nothing awesome but never the less good to get out. The highlight was a eagle I button, which for Ind. is a nice find. The pin is cool, just wish I could find out what it was for. I did get a GREAT surprise at work a few days before we finished but that's for the arrowhead forum!! THANX for lookin and Happy Holidays to you all..... HH..

Attachments

• 20131221_114159_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20131221_114159_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20131221_114331_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20131221_114331_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20131221_114423_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20131221_114423_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20131221_114857.jpg
    20131221_114857.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 3

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe your mystery-object is a souvenir pin from the 1913 national convention of the Improved Order Of Red Men, which is the oldest still-existing nationwide Fraternal organization in the US. The clues for my tentative identification of it are the emblem's tomahawk and peace-pipe bundled with arrows. To see a IORM badge with those symbols (and read info about the organization and its long history), go here: Improved Order of Red Men Redmen Badge Hanging | eBay

It might be more than mere coincdence that the Improved Order of Red Men's national convention was held in INDIANapolis.

To confirm my guess, you might want to send a photo of your find to the organization's museum, here: The Improved Order of Red Men

Attachments

• insignia_fraternal_Improved-Order-of-Red-Men_ebay.jpg
    insignia_fraternal_Improved-Order-of-Red-Men_ebay.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 60

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
October 31st, 1913 The Indianapolis Streetcar Strike of 1913 and the subsequent police mutiny and riots was a breakdown in public order in Indianapolis, Indiana.
From The Indianapolis News, Thursday, October 23, 1913: Equal suffrage was endorsed at noon today, without a dissenting vote, by the delegates to the 7th annual convention of the Indiana Woman’s Federation of Clubs.
Oct 16, 2013 ... On July 1, 1913, a group of automobile enthusiasts and industry officials ... on most early motorcars, and the builder of the Indianapolis Speedway. ... The LHA dedicated the route of the Lincoln Highway on October 31, 1913.
INDIANAPOLIS A. A. CLUB SOLD FOR $165,000
Hy The Associated PfeM INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Oct. 3.—The Indianapolis Association baseball club was sold here late today by Sol Meyer, owner, to James C. McGill, George A. Wahlgreen a:id Jack Hendricks of Denver. The rumored purchase price of $165,000 is said to be the largest ever paid for a minor league organization. The disposal of the franchise by Mr. Meyer comes after a year of futile effort to build up a winning aggregation
These are the things that stood out in a quick scan of the date and city............

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe your mystery-object is a souvenir pin from the 1913 national convention of the Improved Order Of Red Men, which is the oldest still-existing nationwide Fraternal organization in the US. The clues for my tentative identification of it are the emblem's tomahawk and peace-pipe bundled with arrows. To see a IORM badge with those symbols (and read info about the organization and its long history), go here: Improved Order of Red Men Redmen Badge Hanging | eBay

It might be more than mere coincdence that the Improved Order of Red Men's national convention was held in INDIANapolis.

To confirm my guess, you might want to send a photo of your find to the organization's museum, here: The Improved Order of Red Men
Thank you very much CBG!!!! I know now why Vance speaks so highly of you, your a Wealth of Knowledge!!!! HH...

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
October 31st, 1913 The Indianapolis Streetcar Strike of 1913 and the subsequent police mutiny and riots was a breakdown in public order in Indianapolis, Indiana.
From The Indianapolis News, Thursday, October 23, 1913: Equal suffrage was endorsed at noon today, without a dissenting vote, by the delegates to the 7th annual convention of the Indiana Woman’s Federation of Clubs.
Oct 16, 2013 ... On July 1, 1913, a group of automobile enthusiasts and industry officials ... on most early motorcars, and the builder of the Indianapolis Speedway. ... The LHA dedicated the route of the Lincoln Highway on October 31, 1913.
INDIANAPOLIS A. A. CLUB SOLD FOR $165,000
Hy The Associated PfeM INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Oct. 3.—The Indianapolis Association baseball club was sold here late today by Sol Meyer, owner, to James C. McGill, George A. Wahlgreen a:id Jack Hendricks of Denver. The rumored purchase price of $165,000 is said to be the largest ever paid for a minor league organization. The disposal of the franchise by Mr. Meyer comes after a year of futile effort to build up a winning aggregation
These are the things that stood out in a quick scan of the date and city............

The flood of that year was BIG news also. They are havin a special at one of our musuems titled A CITY UNDER WATER... Thanx for all the info you found!! HH...

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the kind replies everyone.. HH and HH....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread