Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
Just wanted to let everyone know that on Jan 2nd, on the American Hero's Channel ( Direct TV 287 ) at 7 and 10 PM, I will be on this show talking about the Lost Ship... Here is a link for the preview if you would like to see what is all about...

Myth Hunters (Season 3): The Lost Ship of the Mojave : American Heroes Channel

Thx!!!
PLL

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anyone caught the show and what you thought??? If you missed it, MythHunters will replay the program on Friday 1/9 at 9 and 10PM Pacific time as well as Sun 11AM on 1/11. The program is on the American Heroes Channel which is Direct TV channel 287 Dish channel 195 and Verizon channel 125. If you go to ahctv.com and look in the top righthand corner, there is a link to find out what channel it's on in your area... The story is mostly about Charlie Clusker and his attempts to find the ship, but it also touches some other aspects as well..

Thx
PLL

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Pegleglooker.

Being on an Island on the other side of globe I have been unable to view the documentary. The promo gives an insight that its an interesting documentary. It seems much more professional than some documentaries as of late. 1870 account of Charley Clusker is an interesting story. One thing that does bother me a little. like Charley searched for the ship 3 times he alleged found it twice. Why did he did not search the ship the second time?

Crow

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the show, but was wondering why no mention was made of pearls, only vague mentions of "cargo". It also seemed to focus on that one searcher, no one else. It was an entertaining episode, I just always expect too much I guess from tv shows.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Pegleglooker.

Being on an Island on the other side of globe I have been unable to view the documentary. The promo gives an insight that its an interesting documentary. It seems much more professional than some documentaries as of late. 1870 account of Charley Clusker is an interesting story. One thing that does bother me a little. like Charley searched for the ship 3 times he alleged found it twice. Why did he did not search the ship the second time?

Crow

As PLL mentioned on facebook, it is available on youtube so you should be able to watch it from there.
I was a little disappointed that the main focus was Charlie Clusker's failed searches. There is so much more to the story. BTW, if you haven't yet listened to the Death Valley Jim show about it, it is very well done!. Death Valley Jim Radio Program ? ?The Lost Ship of the Desert? PLL is becoming quite the celebrity.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Auferret

Thanks for the link. Really enjoyed it. In short when telling any story especially treasure legends some things will get left out because of clarity for people who do not know the story, and time constraints. However that said it was enjoyable and balanced in how it was presented. Well done to all concerned:thumbsup:

Crow

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Auferret for posting the YouTube link...... And yes the focus of this show was the Clusker angle, but I ABSOLUTELY wanted to be part of the show and agreed to do it... It was produced by a English company for AHC, and that's why their experts are from noted English universities.. I am now trying to see if they have any interest in the Lost pegleg story as well. And will let everyone know if something happens, but if it does, it will most likely be towards the end of the year...

Adios
PLL

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant no offense by my comments so I hope no one took it that way. I just think that they could have easily included the pearl ship story and made it a lot more interesting. My wife was bored and kept calling BS but what does she know. I think PLL did a fantastic job with his part and hope to see him in more shows. I cannot wait for the pegleg episode!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any part of this ship is visible above the sands today, we should be able to search satellite imagery and find it. Has anyone been doing such a search? High resolution thermal imaging is being released to the public some time in February, so if you have the cash and want to search in this way, you will soon have your chance.

Dvotedwun

Greenie
Nov 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pegleglooker I Also enjoyed the Show, One lil thing i found interesting was how my next adventure will be searching the 33rd parallel of the my map and this show was actually (season 3 episode 3) 33. Ill take that as a sign lol.

And i too would have wanted to be apart of anything that has to do with This Story as well

Unclematt: Yes you are Correct, I have been Using this tool (Google Earth) And Atv's when available, On this note i Already have an area of interest,
Using Statements from Mertal Botts, And Other Area Related Cordinance, to check out very soon,

Believe it or not fella's, I believe this thing has been seen by many Off Roadsters,
However Casually just passed off for an old telephone Pole sticking sidways out of the Ground,
As if Flash flooding and Errosion Has Half Burried it,

Im Super Excited and Cant Wait to Check out this area,

But what to do if ive found it?
Who do i tell, ?
Do i take a Sample and have it carbon dated?

Thinking of filming my adventure,

Anyone interested, Im just on the other side of San jacinto mtn, Not to Far,
Perhaps someone else out there has ATV"s?

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dvotedwun, I would be interested in anything you find... I have contacts that can test the wood etc., but it's best to take pictures first... You can contact me via the contact page at my wensite if needed... dezertmagazine.com

laffitte

Jun 2, 2014
Ocean Springs,Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
don't talk

I wonder how much treasure is found....And the finder of the treasure is not able to find it again.
This is too bad because we are loosing history. There is so much more to this story. If you talk you could be in violation of some bull-**** law. Then you have to give up YOUR find to the Government .EXAMPLE: find off of Spain 50 miles and the US is forcing the finder to give it back to Spain. Another ship in the great Lakes just found last year the US government is gearing up to steel the treasure from the finder. How about Phoenix mountain, Az. Not sure about this on Mt name but it was the largest find of gold in the World.

jackrook

Nov 1, 2010
Glendale, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how much treasure is found....And the finder of the treasure is not able to find it again. This is too bad because we are loosing history. There is so much more to this story. If you talk you could be in violation of some bull-**** law. Then you have to give up YOUR find to the Government .EXAMPLE: find off of Spain 50 miles and the US is forcing the finder to give it back to Spain. Another ship in the great Lakes just found last year the US government is gearing up to steel the treasure from the finder. How about Phoenix mountain, Az. Not sure about this on Mt name but it was the largest find of gold in the World.

In AZ the big treasure is The Lost Dutchman. But I think you're referring to Victorio Peak in NM

slowest member of WCPR

Drizzledrone

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
May 4, 2013
Las Vegas and Seattle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a Spanish pearl diving monopoly in Baja around this time (1615). Lost Treasures of California - Map & Guide place the vicinity of this treasure north of the Salton Sea, at Lake Cahuilla, a prehistoric fresh water lake and predecessor of the Salton Sea. There have been reports of sightings as recently as the 1970s. Lost Treasures of California - Map and Guide

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an article from the Los Angeles Herald, 1 October 1892 (Volume 38, Number 173), referenced by Old Bookaroo in the “Peg Leg Smith Chronicles” in the Peg Leg Smith” thread, the last sentence says “Mr. Converse having passed through the locality in a boat during the overflow into Salton sea.” Since there doesn’t seem to be any unusual stress or commentary on this statement, it indicates to me that the overflow was not a very unusual occurrence, and would reinforce the feeling that overflows did occur, and may not have been all that uncommon.. Also, note in the directions to Hank Brandt’s mine “ A petrified ship will be found in this canyon. At present, all that remains is curving line of ship's beam and petrified pieces of wood.” Could this be the lost Viking (or Phoenician) ship? The description seems close to what Myrtle Botts describes. PLL did mention the Hank Brandt connection in passing, but I thought I would add it here to emphasize the possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread