Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim...i already tried to delete but there is no option to edit or delete...if the moderator reads this i'd ask him to kindly delete it and i'll repost it somewhere else where it would be appreciated:icon_thumleft:

I think it was moved because it was not tied to the LDM. It was appreciated judging by the response you got. Was hopibg for more of those kind of stories.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I think it was moved because it was not tied to the LDM. It was appreciated judging by the response you got. Was hopibg for more of those kind of stories.
i have more but i believe i'll post them on another site...the only stories here that get any attention are those involving the stone maps:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
200 pounds each at $24,000 pound ($1525 x 16oz) is $4,880,000 per mule load x 50 (?) = $244,000,000
A stash of processed gold or a rich mine in Wilderness Area?

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
200 pounds each at $24,000 pound ($1525 x 16oz) is $4,880,000 per mule load x 50 (?) = $244,000,000
A stash of processed gold or a rich mine in Wilderness Area?

Mornin' Hal. Glad to see you back at the Fish map. When you get a moment, no rush, could you pls post the red spectrum version of the map zoomed in to the actual wording indicating 50 mule loads of gold? Not sure I've ever seen the actual wording on the map.

I was trying to figure out approx. how much gold a bar might contain based on Harry LaFrance's $5600, 6lb. bar, but in the end it turned out to be impossible to calculate the actual gold content of it. But, I think it's safe to assume any gold bars stashed in the Supes are probably not 100% gold?

Is there anything that indicates that the mule cargo is refined vice ore?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
i have more but i believe i'll post them on another site...the only stories here that get any attention are those involving the stone maps:icon_scratch:

I disagree, Dave. I think your story got some good reactions. I hope you'll post some more. They are very interesting.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

That might be the problem here, HBP...there is no reason to believe that the sacks of gold AREN'T tied to the LDM. The obvious question is, just who would have sacks of gold along the Apache Trail? Anyone familiar with the area would immediately recognize that there is no reason to transport gold that way. Gold from Goldfield, possibly, but the transport route for gold of that quantity did not include the Apache Trail, and surely wouldn't include Tortilla Creek.

So the gold was most likely from a source between Goldfield and Roosevelt, south of the Salt. In other words, the Superstitions area. How many gold mines in that area do you know of that would produce gold in the quantity described, i.e. wiener sacks? This is why Dave said the question was, where did it come from? Not too many candidates. Perhaps the LDM or some other Peralta/Spanish/Mexican mining effort? Who can say?

The bottom line is that the story most definitely belongs here. If we are to be subject to arbitrary removal of applicable threads, I for one will continue to respond to posters here, but will post all of my own research and stories on other sites.

PS: It may be that the thread was moved by mistake, when Dave's thread about metal detectors was moved. But, it takes considerable research resources including both time and money, to make a substantive post to this or any other site. Just thinking about all the money I've spent on newspaper & magazine subscriptions, historical society journals, books, travel, etc, I feel no need to contribute that significant effort to a site that may arbitrarily decide to relocate a post or thread. It simply makes sense for me to post on a site where I know that won't happen.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I hope your wrong...but either way, I won't post any of my research on the “Door Stops” here

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope your wrong...but either way, I won't post any of my research on the “Door Stops” here

I wouldn't post information on any public forum that I thought was proprietary or crucial to a pet project. Human natures tells me that we all hold back the best stuff. Most posters dance around topics alert for bits of confirmation supporting their ideas.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I disagree, Dave. I think your story got some good reactions. I hope you'll post some more. They are very interesting.
arthur...that's not the problem....i know you guys appreciate it...i posted it on here for you guys...i didn't want it moved so people here couldn't see it...i sent a pm to the mod asking why it was moved and he said it didn't fit in the forum of ldm...i informed him that there were 4000 other posts here that didn't fit either....i was going to delete it but there is no option for edit ..i've always been able to edit my other posts...i mentioned a few posts back that i was going to delete and post elsewhere and now i have no edit option...i'm still waiting to hear back from the mod:dontknow:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I wouldn't post information on any public forum that I thought was proprietary or crucial to a pet project. Human natures tells me that we all hold back the best stuff. Most posters dance around topics alert for bits of confirmation supporting their ideas.
i would only post about projects i can no longer pursue....maybe someone else will pick up where i left off and get lucky:thumbsup:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
arthur...that's not the problem....i know you guys appreciate it...i posted it on here for you guys...i didn't want it moved so people here couldn't see it...i sent a pm to the mod asking why it was moved and he said it didn't fit in the forum of ldm...i informed him that there were 4000 other posts here that didn't fit either....i was going to delete it but there is no option for edit ..i've always been able to edit my other posts...i mentioned a few posts back that i was going to delete and post elsewhere and now i have no edit option...i'm still waiting to hear back from the mod:dontknow:
There is a whole thread that is dedicated to a members psychic visions posted under the LDM, why or how it still exist is a real mystery

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
There is a whole thread that is dedicated to a members psychic visions posted under the LDM, why or how it still exist is a real mystery
exactly...i asked the mod why my post was singled out and still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would seem that once you post on here you give up your rights on that post..something to think about:icon_scratch:

Only mods and admins can delete opening post of threads, it has always been that way. Follow up posts are locked from edits after about 7 days (estimated) because some members in past got angry and decided to delete their posts or edit everything out of their posts destroying the threads. Edit time limit has bern in effect for over a year now.

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Only mods and admins can delete opening post of threads, it has always been that way. Follow up posts are locked from edits after about 7 days (estimated) because some members in past got angry and decided to delete their posts or edit everything out of their posts destroying the threads. Edit time limit has bern in effect for over a year now.

The deletion/editing rules make good sense. Was Dave's Tortilla Flat Treasure Cave thread moved by mistake/misunderstanding? Ironically the Fish Map of this thread has markings (not sure what they mean yet) right where that cave was. Some people think that some of the Peralta placers were there in that area.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
so basically after 7 days we lose all rights to anything we post?...this has nothing to do with anger....it was my post..i wasn't trying to destroy anyone else's post..i posted the story for the guys here..now anyone just coming in wont see it..

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Not only that, TNet then owns the information, photos, etc.
so anyone with dreams of writing a book loses any info they post here?...something to think about if a guy has any ambitions of writing a book???

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only that, TNet then owns the information, photos, etc.
that's not true . they own the photo but not the source of the photo .. if you have a negative to a photo and you crop that photo and post it here they only own that copy ...in a court of Law the person that owns the negatives own the rights ...but you have to see it both sides they want to build data base they can control ...see say you take 10 pictures in the mountains . you can go back out take the same 10 pictures of the same area and they don't own any of the real photos they only own the digital rights to what is posted here on the site ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions