The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Just as an interesting side note here, Ted DeGrazia painted hundreds of priests holding large crosses in front of themselves.:o It was a constant theme for him, although he was not a religious man. On the other hand, he was a spiritual person.

Joe Ribaudo

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure jake was coning anyone.
When I first got interested . I read about about c jones. She was convinced there was a cave full of treasure in weavers needle.
On my trip in the sups. I saw a area that would fit her theory perfectly.
I think she had good info,but the wrong location.
I believe the same can be said for jake. I think jake was right about the gold bars,but was wrong in his location.
The area I found was rich in details.
Due to a injury. And two really big guys watching us.
I pulled the plug.
If my health holds out. Im going to take another look.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Im not sure jake was coning anyone.
When I first got interested . I read about about c jones. She was convinced there was a cave full of treasure in weavers needle.
On my trip in the sups. I saw a area that would fit her theory perfectly.
I think she had good info,but the wrong location.
I believe the same can be said for jake. I think jake was right about the gold bars,but was wrong in his location.
The area I found was rich in details.
Due to a injury. And two really big guys watching us.
I pulled the plug.
If my health holds out. Im going to take another look.

JM,

There are many in the Dutch Hunting Community who know the dark side of Crazy Jake very well. You should talk to Bob Corbin or Tom Kollenborn to get a better handle of the inner workings of Jake's brain. It's a dark place that the more genteel among us should avoid.....at all costs.

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

Crazy Jake had good maps , but he didn't know to read them . As said JohnMark , he was in the wrong place .
Celeste Jones was another same case . She searched between two caches ( the first two Xs in the stone maps trail ) . If she had this map

Celeste.gif

then she searched for ther middle X in the stone maps trail .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

I forgot . I want to show you an aerial photo with the priest ( head ) . The yellow dots are mines and in the red circle is Caverna Aurum .

Priest.jpg

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a start reading the right book. There was one author that got it right and he puts you in the right area. Old time prospecting after that.

That is some amazing stuff you are finding, as long as your not pulling our leg....good job!

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some amazing stuff you are finding, as long as your not pulling our leg....good job!

Not that my opinion means anything, but I know sgtfda. He's an honorable person and would not "pull anybody's leg" on a find like that.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to hit up the next Gpap meeting to meet some of you fellas, definitely would appreciate some pointers for the Superstitions. Im gonna have a 4x4 quad by the end of april and its not far from where I live to get out there for a weekend prospecting day.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
We also raffled off some of the nuggets at the meeting. Our members were very happy to win a rare piece of Superstition gold

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Went on a little jaunt today. Though I'm not a stoner I have found the Garman map useful for finding gold locations. Knowing where the stone map heart was located I went to see what was there. Ha! A large heart that at one time was totally edged with quartz. A little on the left has let loose. Interesting and exactly where I expected it to be.

image-3801362285.jpg

image-3045640085.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Frank....and a great find.
Certainly adds more credibility to the stones.
And sure don't look "modern".

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The left side had weathered away. At one time it had quartz around the whole thing. According to Tumlinson's map code for the Tesora map the heart is the end of a trail. Ill send you that code Wayne. You have always shared with me.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say that's the best looking heart shaped rock I've seen a post of to date - bar none. Good job Frank

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Paul I've told you where the heart area is. This heart is exactly where I thought it would be. Caught my eye right away. You won't see it on Google Earth though!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread