The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mullnax,

"I want to bring a shotgun as well as my barrett sniper rifle just in case."

Yah......bring it all, and don't forget a couple of handguns and a bowie knife.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Why bother with all of that.
Just bring one of these along.

300px-AH-64D_Apache_Longbow.jpg

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Ellie'

Thanks for your comments. First I believe the author of the map, made it a panoramic view, to include large landmarks. Second, did the author originally place the "head rock" on the small hill? If he did, then again using landmarks from a large area, this is what I found. In the center of this pic, I see the exact rock head on the hill, it is not on that hill but further up the trail, going in.

Hi Scott,

You are correct in your assessment of the Authors use of large monuments as they did indeed use them very frequently. The photograph below is a good example of a large landmark. In this case it is the horse's head as one may notice its similarity to a game piece used in Chess referred to as a Knight. By putting some distance between yourself and your computer screen the horse will become much easier as the distance increases. This Holy Horse can be viewed from Frey Marcos de Niza's Inscription Rock which is 30 miles away. The Horse of the Holy Faith is located on the face of the Superstition Mountains just southeast of the Flat Iron and nortwest of the Broadway Cave. I can tell you from experience that the stone maps were not designed to represent a panoramic view. Most of the items found on these maps are in fact monuments located on the ground within the prescribed depository area (90% of them). The Hearts, the elephant(s), the horses, signs, symbols and other pertinent monuments and clues are placed within this area that instruct you where it is you need to go; Quo Vadis.

The ge pic that you have displayed above looks so much different than what it looks like in real life. As I had mentioned in an earlier post; you really need to see your work in the flesh. Try to find this horse with ge. I can see him with my own eyes while rolling eastbound on US 60 heading towards Idaho Road in Apache Junction in the early to late afternoon. Once people have seen him on the mountain they have never forgotten where he is because he will eventually disapear from view until next year. He comes and goes just like the rest of them... just like the hearts on Heart Mountain or the elephant on Bull Dog Peak or the crescent moon in the Goldfields and many, many others.

There was an earlier thread by Hal Groves called the "Stone Charts of the Superstitions". They should be called what they have always been called for charts refer to water ways that have been mapped. Stone waterways makes no sense when dealing with land maps. Anyway, a group had started talking about the "Twin Buttes" area, South Butte on one side of the Gila River and North Butte on the other. The railroad tracks go through a tunnel, then across a trestle that crosses the Gila. On the right side of the tracks is the "Stone House" that the Florence Quads refer to no mention about the Coke Ovens. hmm! They talked about the hearts, the horse the arrow (7) and so on. The Stone Maps tell us all about this area; "Study/search the hearts, study/search the maps". It seems that no one has bothered to follow the stone maps primary directions. Go figure.

Where in the heck did spell check go to? HELP pages are almost useless. Posting a photograph is not a simple thing to do. Why can't one just copy and paste the easy way as I do not like posting my personnal photographs on "PhotoBucket", have you read their agreement? I am getting old and grumpy too. Can you tell? Ha, Ha!!!

Ellie Baba

Attachments

• MT_horsehead-circleACrsDTR.jpg
    MT_horsehead-circleACrsDTR.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ellie,

when you misspell a wrd, you get a squiggly line under it. Right click on the word and you will get spell check suggestions......etc.

Take care,

Joe

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Thanks Joe,

For some reason when I type into the field area and misspell a wrod I do not see a sqigly line. I am doing something wrong or missing a step? Do you have to preview the text to see the squiggly lines? I do not care for whiners and I do not want to appear to be one myself.

Thanks in advance.

EB

mullnax

Apr 10, 2012
El Paso
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know the choice of weapons seems to be weird to some, but after all I do not wish to be one of the unlucky ones with abullet in my head shot from far away. But I am still curious as to some of the regions I mentioned before. I really want to go somewhere where there are not many people if any. I figured if everyone is looking in the same area or areas then maybe I might find something in a place nobody has been or a place not that many people have been. Share it with everyone on here and maybe somebody will get lucky. I don't want the gold or anything else unless it is old documents or armor then I would like to find it like Victorio peak I say screw the gold give me the letter from POPE Pius III. Much rather have that for the historcial perspective. Plus Gold only causes problems, where to sell it, taxes, government etc. I am too new to this to have any success in those areas. But artifacts I can handle. Well see you all out there soon. Should be there in May to stay out in the mountains for 2 weeks.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hey Mullnax,

Actually anywhere you choose to go this time of year you should not run into any people because they have applied common sense. There will be some day hikers and maybe a few prospectors out there not getting to far from car and friends. Please consider the following items: No rain, we have been experiencing drought conditions for a number of years. The last place you need to be is in the thick desert brush when it happens to catch fire. Streams and springs are dried up or will be once you arrive. Hopefully you will not be going into the SWA by yourself. They say people love company when bad things are about to happen to them. Now, here is something you may not know; the Salt River and most of the shoreline areas are off limits due to Homeland Security. If you are found in these no-man areas you can be arrested, charged and hauled off to jail. With the weapons you plan to carry you may just implicate yourself as a terrorist. We do have a number of badass animals that you may run into;black bear, rabid skunks and other dangerous vermin, rattle snakes, sidewinders, Gila Monsters, scorpions, tarantulas, black widows and killer bees. I have not computed how much water you will need to bring in with you for a two week stay, but you will need a burro to pack it all in and might as well grab another burro to haul in the water the burros will need to drink. Around here it is common knowledge that burros are also good to eat once your grub has been consumed by some hot and hungry critters. I forgot to mention the mountain lions and their territorial areas which they will protect and defend if they happen to have any young ones around. If you are truly a Jeremia Johnson type mountain man then don't pay attention to my ramblin. If you are not an experienced military trained survivalist please wait till the fall season rolls around.

I wish that I could have had this very discussion with those who like you decided to go to hell without taking there get-out-of hell-free-card otherwise known as a brain. Think about the situation that you are putting yourself into before entering your name into the "Superstition Mountain Join the Dead Lottery". It will only cost you your life.

Your Friend,

Ellie Baba

mullnax

Apr 10, 2012
El Paso
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ellie Baba, I actually do happen to be a military trained survivalist. Just got back from one desert figured I would go hang out in another one. Kuwait usually averages 130 in the summer, so the heat doesn't bother me. It is the cold that I can't stand. as far as the water I can carry about 200 lbs. Will only bring one small concealed weapon with me which i have a federal permit. The food shouldn't be a problem as I am carrying MRE's well I should say my wife is and I will hump all the water. thanks for the advice I am mainly only really concerned about the crazies if there are any around there. Plan to hike around the old apache gap looks kind of steep over there so I figured some good old fashioned mountain climbing and rappelling would be nice. Just another set of mountains for me to play on is all. They say they are really beautiful this time of year. I have trekked Mount Everest although was not able to climb no farther than base Camp 3 due to weather and have been to some other great mountains from The Alps to the rugged Afghanastan Tora Bora range. El Paso only has a few that I can explore as well as the organ and cabello in new mexico. But thank you for letting me know many people will not be around in this time. I just want to go somewhere in those mountains where most will not go is all. I like being out in the middle of nowhere

mullnax

Apr 10, 2012
El Paso
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am not familiar with this area just wanted to know why the shoreline areas and salt river are off limits by homeland security. I have a buddy that is the head firearms instructor for that department, but he didn't tell me anything about it being off limits. He was supposed to come with me but some things came up. thanks again

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the areas adjacent to the SRP dams and SRP access roads to the dams are restricted.
The river and lakes are still full of boats and pwc's being used for waterskiing,fishing,sightseeing,etc.
Havn't seen any "crazies" out there lately,cause we're all in here I guess.
Open carry is easier,and may act as a visual deterrent if such are encountered.
The biggest dangers are dehydration,heat stroke and injuries from falls.
Cell phone coverage has improved,though still spotty,and I noticed a new tower above Canyon Lake near Tortilla Flat when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Also found a portable (temporary) receiver/transmitter set up out in the boonies.

It's down low,and only 10 watts,so the range would be limited.But it's registered to a spanish-language radio station in Globe.

Regards:SH.

installation 3.png

installation.png

Last edited:

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Sign Posted on Turnoff to Salt River

Since I am not familiar with this area just wanted to know why the shoreline areas and salt river are off limits by homeland security. I have a buddy that is the head firearms instructor for that department, but he didn't tell me anything about it being off limits. He was supposed to come with me but some things came up. thanks again

Hi Mullnax,

See photograph with sign information complete with codes. The codes are not 100% clear as to their intent. I was told by an authority that the waterways were under protection of the US Government.

Anyone else know the whole story related to Homeland Security and our river, lakes, and powerhouses? (see SH prior post) Thanx SH.

Ellie B

Attachments

• US-CodesSaltRiver-no-tresspassACrs.jpg
    US-CodesSaltRiver-no-tresspassACrs.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the areas adjacent to the SRP dams and SRP access roads to the dams are restricted.
The river and lakes are still full of boats and pwc's being used for waterskiing,fishing,sightseeing,etc.
Havn't seen any "crazies" out there lately,cause we're all in here I guess.
Open carry is easier,and may act as a visual deterrent if such are encountered.
The biggest dangers are dehydration,heat stroke and injuries from falls.
Cell phone coverage has improved,though still spotty,and I noticed a new tower above Canyon Lake near Tortilla Flat when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Also found a portable (temporary) receiver/transmitter set up out in the boonies.

It's down low,and only 10 watts,so the range would be limited.But it's registered to a spanish-language radio station in Globe.

Regards:SH.

View attachment 629632

View attachment 629631

Thanks for the head's up regarding the Salt River and Homeland Security issues. I was wondering if they had shut down access to ALL of the Salt River for some reason.

mullnax

Apr 10, 2012
El Paso
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thank you for the information. After looking at the maps again. well the old 1900 map that I have I plan on hanging out in three areas. Iron Mountain, Rough Canyon, and Kings crown peak. if you have any information if you have been to these areas would greatly help. Thank you all again. I will just stay away from all the water areas to be safe then. No need to go to jail for a vacation

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EB:

You probably did something wrong.Try posting it again.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ellie - did you perhaps move where the photos were located? In other words, if you linked them to here, did you move them so the link no longer works? If not, I can't help you :(.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Ellie - did you perhaps move where the photos were located? In other words, if you linked them to here, did you move them so the link no longer works? If not, I can't help you :(.

CF,

I did as instructed and re-posted photograph. This is such a difficult process to understand. It is hard to determine the correct size as you do not have any control. I cannot place the image on the page where I want it. The images always seem to go to the bottom of the page. Takes the fun out of creativity. Copy and paste was so much easier and now I have a Photbucket account that is also becoming a pain, as I have over 7,000 photographs which 90% of them are backed up on other outside storage data banks. I am now spending twice as much time on TreasureNet as I used to and I am not satisfied with the results and continued maintenance.

Is everyone else experiencing this kind of difficulty or am I the only one? If it is me then I must learn to cope with this newer technology and bite the bullit.

Have a great weekend!

EB

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
CF,

I did as instructed and re-posted photograph. This is such a difficult process to understand. It is hard to determine the correct size as you do not have any control. I cannot place the image on the page where I want it. The images always seem to go to the bottom of the page. Takes the fun out of creativity. Copy and paste was so much easier and now I have a Photbucket account that is also becoming a pain, as I have over 7,000 photographs which 90% of them are backed up on other outside storage data banks. I am now spending twice as much time on TreasureNet as I used to and I am not satisfied with the results and continued maintenance.

Is everyone else experiencing this kind of difficulty or am I the only one? If it is me then I must learn to cope with this newer technology and bite the bullit.

Have a great weekend!

EB

Yes, it's a pain in the a$$. As is often the case with a new format on an internet forum, interest tends to wane for some when familiar surroundings change. I witnessed the phenomena the first time TNet revamped their website, when many interesting participants fell by the wayside. Maybe they just got tired of the same 'ol same 'ol and used the new format as an excuse to move on.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Ellie'

Thanks for your comments. First I believe the author of the map, made it a panoramic view, to include large landmarks. Second, did the author originally place the "head rock" on the small hill? If he did, then again using landmarks from a large area, this is what I found. In the center of this pic, I see the exact rock head on the hill, it is not on that hill but further up the trail, going in.

Hi Scott,

You are correct in your assessment of the Authors use of large monuments as they did indeed use them very frequently. The photograph below is a good example of a large landmark. In this case it is the horse's head as one may notice its similarity to a game piece used in Chess referred to as a Knight. By putting some distance between yourself and your computer screen the horse will become much easier as the distance increases. This Holy Horse can be viewed from Frey Marcos de Niza's Inscription Rock which is 30 miles away. The Horse of the Holy Faith is located on the face of the Superstition Mountains just southeast of the Flat Iron and nortwest of the Broadway Cave. I can tell you from experience that the stone maps were not designed to represent a panoramic view. Most of the items found on these maps are in fact monuments located on the ground within the prescribed depository area (90% of them). The Hearts, the elephant(s), the horses, signs, symbols and other pertinent monuments and clues are placed within this area that instruct you where it is you need to go; Quo Vadis.

The ge pic that you have displayed above looks so much different than what it looks like in real life. As I had mentioned in an earlier post; you really need to see your work in the flesh. Try to find this horse with ge. I can see him with my own eyes while rolling eastbound on US 60 heading towards Idaho Road in Apache Junction in the early to late afternoon. Once people have seen him on the mountain they have never forgotten where he is because he will eventually disapear from view until next year. He comes and goes just like the rest of them... just like the hearts on Heart Mountain or the elephant on Bull Dog Peak or the crescent moon in the Goldfields and many, many others.

There was an earlier thread by Hal Groves called the "Stone Charts of the Superstitions". They should be called what they have always been called for charts refer to water ways that have been mapped. Stone waterways makes no sense when dealing with land maps. Anyway, a group had started talking about the "Twin Buttes" area, South Butte on one side of the Gila River and North Butte on the other. The railroad tracks go through a tunnel, then across a trestle that crosses the Gila. On the right side of the tracks is the "Stone House" that the Florence Quads refer to no mention about the Coke Ovens. hmm! They talked about the hearts, the horse the arrow (7) and so on. The Stone Maps tell us all about this area; "Study/search the hearts, study/search the maps". It seems that no one has bothered to follow the stone maps primary directions. Go figure.

Where in the heck did spell check go to? HELP pages are almost useless. Posting a photograph is not a simple thing to do. Why can't one just copy and paste the easy way as I do not like posting my personnal photographs on "PhotoBucket", have you read their agreement? I am getting old and grumpy too. Can you tell? Ha, Ha!!!

Ellie Baba

Contrary to popular belief, burros have as much difficulty drinking sand and dry trail dust as you do. Water ways are the byways of travel and always have been, all over the world; that's where the fast food is too. The first place a miner/prospector starts his search at is in draws made by water whether it be present or not. Hydrothermal springs are the very first and main clue sought after in finding the richest and purest hard rock gold and silver veins in the world. Caves formed as such are as much an important clue. When you find the two together both springs and thermal caves, combined with a few out of place hand set trail stones here and there, you needn't look any further than the mile or so your in. More probable the very canyon or one neighboring it. 120 degrees + 30 men + 120 or more animals with all their might, still wont get more than a grain or two of sand down, when they can really have the nice cold river water and the tall green grass it provides leading the way to the gold where the pasture is at the North End of the "RIO"...........Oh the fish frys and turtle soup....How many ways can you cook 10 pound catfish fillets and 400 pound loggerhead turtles?:coffee2:

Last edited:

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Somewhere in all of that research, one will someday come to realize that these 8 mines once existed in a land of which was guarded by the Utes who controlled the oldest West on record. 7 of these ancient Aztec sites in Utah and 1 in Arizona. The eight places are mining sites with numerous digs of both gold and silver in abundant quantities and as such set apart because of their freakish natures and surroundings that deceive even the most clever of us. The stones surrounding them take on the forms of animals more so than the average dig and this is even more apparent the richer they get. Prospecting 101.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread