The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish we coulda got you out with us this time.
But it would have been difficult because of your not being able to pre-plan anything.
I'll e-mail some photos of what we found, when I've had some time to sort through them.
I may be able to go back for a few days after Christmas...depending on the weather.
Really enjoyed the Rendezvous this year, and the Saturday spent in camp with everyone else.

Regards:Wayne

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hiking back out from a visit to the Horse of Santa Fe.
Following an old and barely visible trail.
When I heard what I thought was the sound of hoofs behind me.
I pulled the camera out and turned it on.
And swung around for the shot, thinking it was one of the deer I had seen earlier.
It was gone before I could make out what I had seen.
Until I transferred the file to my computer a little while ago.
No wonder they been called the Superstitions.

Regards:SH.

Attachments

• horse spirit.png
    horse spirit.png
    370 KB · Views: 249

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's cool for sure.
Was there not a person some where that said when you take pictures with a digital camera, if there are is metal in the ground it will show up as a haze, or glow of some kind.
That's it, the LDM is under the blue haze.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that is indeed strange SH! Have you ever seen the photo Zentull took inside the old rundown store along the road to the QCU? He has one in which the figure of an old cowboy appears at the bar - kinda creepy!

I'll touch base with you before I head out this spring.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne goes for the rocks and bushes every time. He covers a area very well. Plus he does not snore which is unusual for a Canadian.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
somehiker,
That image is very curious. It would help to know which direction you turned to take the shot, but look how the "trail" almost seems to flow slightly in & over the bush on the right. Very strange if its simply on the lens or blurred in motion. This might help, two versions of your image processed in I.J. (not photoshop).

View attachment 696082 View attachment 696081

Nov 4, 2012
mesa az
Primary Interest:
Other
my father took me to a cave with an 1847 caved on the wall, w/window, the mine is capped with a stone,on a wall there is a MP craved on it, I been to the mine three times 01,03,and 05. I can decipher the Priest and Heat stone maps, who interested? contact me

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roadrunner:
It was a digital camera, but I don't think the LDM is anywhere nearby.

Paul:
No, I haven't seen the picture...sounds interesting.

Frank:
I don't snore, but I've been known to talk in my sleep.
But not about where them gold bars are buried.

Hal:
The photo was shot looking east. Late afternoon. Both the hazy-horse and myself were headed north.
The trail is overgrown in many places and zig-zags up and down the steeper sections.
Nothing similar shows up in any other of the 1484 photos shot with this camera to date, other than dust spots seen in a few night time flash photos I took at the Rendezvous a couple of years ago.
What happened with your book ?

Moongod:
Lots of folks have been to the mine. In fact thousands make it their destination every year.
Quite a few of them use the Stone Maps to guide them there and back.
You can read about their solutions in the many books available from the SMHS.
Or in the dozens of articles and journals published online.

Sam:
Ain't seen any snakes hungry enough to eat me yet.
I figgir, if you wear the same socks every day for a week or two....it tends to ruin their appetite.

N

natchitoches

looks like a man rideing a white blaze face horse,with his rifle up in the air.
i think he wants you to stop , for you to see something.
that what i felt off the pic. lol i don't know .kind of odd

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
.... No wonder they been called the Superstitions.

My search partner, a very rational man, was hiking near the exact site of the McComas Massacre in Thompson Canyon on the old Silver City-to-Lordsburg wagon road a few years ago when he heard several approaching galloping horses and screaming Apaches directly behind him - real as life. Just as he was whirling around to look, he heard someone yell, "Don't let them take you alive!" Of course, there was nothing there. As he told me, "I'll never go back to that canyon. You shouldn't either." Residual history?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
EL GATO in Painter's Cave

SH,
Just waiting for some images, but its there.... and it I am confident that it will make for some good potty-time reading.

Anyway that image of yours is worth another look by someone skilled in DP. When you "turned around" to take the shot did you turn to the right or to the left? It makes a difference when viewing the image.

This software that I am now using takes a digital image and replaces selective colors based on some genius calculations. It was designed to enhance rock paintings and carvings and makes the invisible visible. Great results so far in going through and processing my old images. Here is one that I took in Painters cave that we thought read EL BAYO... but once processed, it is clear that the writing reads EL GATO... and some other things... but for now here is the image corrected. A great tool for any treasure hunter.

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0624.jpg IMG_0625.jpg

Oh yes....i do remember the whole El Bano saga!!!! There are plenty of El Gato sign out there......He made the stone maps 1847-48!!!!
Does this mean Painter will sign on now with El Gato as one of his many persona's?!?! :laughing9:

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
El Bango saga, yes.
Your EL GATO seems to have been made with either chalk or a yellowish wax lumber crayon, hard to tell, they look to be by the same hand? The one in the processed image was made with a fatty, black material and has a bright yellow/orange fungus growing on parts of the letters. It appears to be old, but again that is just opinion. Image J is simply a great tool... for pros and day dreaming wankers alike, which is why I mentioned it. And it is inexpensive.

Your last question is irrelevant and misdirected.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
SH,
Just waiting for some images, but its there.... and it I am confident that it will make for some good potty-time reading.

Anyway that image of yours is worth another look by someone skilled in DP. When you "turned around" to take the shot did you turn to the right or to the left? It makes a difference when viewing the image.

This software that I am now using takes a digital image and replaces selective colors based on some genius calculations. It was designed to enhance rock paintings and carvings and makes the invisible visible. Great results so far in going through and processing my old images. Here is one that I took in Painters cave that we thought read EL BAYO... but once processed, it is clear that the writing reads EL GATO... and some other things... but for now here is the image corrected. A great tool for any treasure hunter.

VT,

El GATO has been used here before, and was either Kurt or a good friend of his. I vote for the good friend, only because he could spell.

Just one man's opinion, not to be taken to the bank. :cat:

Joe Ribaudo

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natch:
I was kinda thinkin that might be someone on foot behind the horse....two spirits for the price of one.

Springfield:
I once made a post theorizing that events which involved a great deal of psychological/physiological stress could somehow be recorded on the local geology.
Perhaps in a manner similar to the way data,music and video is stored upon magnetic media or within the matrix of a silicon chip.
Under certain conditions we, or even animals can review the media to varying degrees of clarity, depending on how well "tuned in" we were at the time.
By design or by happenstance.

Hal:
Your processing program seems to make the object of my photo appear more like a moose than a horse...at least to my eyes.
If so, then that sucker followed me all the way to Arizona. And didn't even have to pay for a plane ticket !
Not sure about the "EL GATO". Despite your Image J efforts, it still looks more like "EL BAYO" to me.
I have no idea what relevance either moniker would have to the Stone Maps, unless of course, someone has authenticated documentation linking such a person to them in some way. Those mountains have been travelled by tens of thousands during the last century and a half or so, many leaving their mark in kind or in other ways. Charcoal and chalk, crayon,paint and grease pencil, petroglyph-style chippings and even signatures done in freshly laid cement. Personally I don't have much faith in any theory which makes the assumption that such markings are are valuable clues...unless of course, something which may have been of value to the signatory is found nearby. The writing visible in this photo is one such example:

Attachments

• Bacon's Dam.png
    Bacon's Dam.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 198

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VT:
Methinks Kurt is stuck using "Double-Jack Inc." for his news.
Thought sure we were gonna see him at the Rendezvous.
Said he was looking forward to seein me...for some reason.
Then again...maybe he got stuck in his hole up on that butte.:dontknow:
....or he WAS there and we just didn't see him....

046.gif

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

My dad used to say I was a real Ben Turpin. Ben was a old time actor/comedian, so I guess that might fit in with gabbagoal.

Thanks!

Joe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread