The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Ah but the tail is not missing. It's what the elephant is pointing to. It's a three part directional map to the stone map trail.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going with the premise that the stones were carved by Jesuit’s and altered by Tumlinson.

I think Tumlinson did alter the maps. The main giveaway would be the 6 zeros carved on the back of the heart. I find it hard to believe a Christian group would consider using the number they avoided whenever possible. We have no other number 6 written anywhere on the stones, but we do have an F which is the 6th number.

Looking at the old bumper photo and my own pictures of the Stones there are a few other discrepancies on the Don Stone. My pictures are not that great because of the lighting and the clear case over the Stones so hopefully Mike can help me with this idea since he has had access and better images.

This may be a reach, but I have to wonder if Tumlinson may have smoothed/sanded the lower part of the Don Stone and changed some aspects of it. There are 2 prominent chips on the bottom of the Don Stone in the old bumper photo, one under the starting arrow the other under where the 7 should be. The one under the starting arrow does not seem as large in my picture and the one under the 7 is not even in my picture, again my pictures quality is lacking because of glare.

Basically I’m reaching on this based off of an old picture and it would not be definitive proof Tumlinson changed the Don Stone dramatically. However if the lower part of the Don Stone does have low points at the starting arrow and at the equation sections, this could indicate tampering of some very key symbols which are not exactly clear in the bumper photo.

So my questions are how flat is the face of both trail maps?

Is the Don Stone flatter than the Cross Stone?

Is that chip under the 7 still there?

I know this may have been covered before somewhere, just thought I would throw it out there again.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge

image-2075104074.jpg horse.jpg

I believe these pictures have some obvious differences . The most important are the ears . The horse's righ ear is the key of the start point ( in the big trail ) . This ear points the three dots ( 3 East in the map ) , which if will fit them with the Xs in the stone trail , show exactly where is the end point .

The " monumented trail " clue is a description of the " DON " stone trail and the " first gorge " is the horse's right ear . Don't search for a horse or horse head , because don't exist . They wrote wrong intentionally the word " COBOLLO " to give you to understand how is not a horse but an anagram which says " CO BOLLO " ( advice to use something from the top of the horse's head ) .

The Peraltas had the stones and they had found the mines in the Latin heart . After they had opened and other mines . For the most important mines ( include the Latin heart ) the Peraltas left two same signs on grey stone . Is not like Japanese , but if you know to read them is easy to find the mines region . From the region of one of these signs , if you look there , you can see the small " DON " trail , and the Stone Chest Map in the landmarks .

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Yes Joe. Your a smart guy and will figure it out. Use the topo with the stones. The horse stone tells you where the trail is on the topo. There is no doubt in my mind the stones were made after 1900. The elephant also points to a gold deposit. Many have a theory but are lacking a treasure or deposit. I will stick to my theory. It's producing gold and that's what counts in the end. There is more locations out there and I'm on the scent

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Yes Joe. Your a smart guy and will figure it out. Use the topo with the stones. The horse stone tells you where the trail is on the topo. There is no doubt in my mind the stones were made after 1900. The elephant also points to a gold deposit. Many have a theory but are lacking a treasure or deposit. I will stick to my theory. It's producing gold and that's what counts in the end. The is more locations out there and I'm on the scent

Elephant gold

image-2346057393.jpg

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
One thing about maps - a guy can make them do all sorts of things. If you want to match old map features to modern topo map contour line traces, then you are automatically removing that map from the 'old' category and defining it as 'modern' made (100 years old or less). That's OK if you accept that your old map is actually a relatively new map and proceed from that premise. It's a trick used by folks ever since those trippy contour lines became available.

Here's another thing to consider - the fractal nature of terrain features. You can find all sorts of places in a particular mountain range that will match shape features claimed to exist in that range. Mountain shapes, canyon formation, drainage patterns, etc. tend to repeat in mountains made of the same material. They're scalable too - big and little - which can really complicate things.

Re PSM's. I don't know who made them or what they represent, but depending upon your spin, you can 'prove' all sorts of things with them. For example, the horse map. I've posted this one before, but nobody wanted to address the 'coincidences' I pointed out - probably because the 'coincidences' didn't occur in the Superstitions, where we all 'know' they belong. The picture below shows a portion of the horse map scaled to overlay a topo representation of southern New Mexico. The Rio Grande and Rio Gila squiggles on the stone are strikingly accurate to the topo. Coincidence. The 'El Cobollo' on the stone sits directly on the Caballo Mountains. Coincidence. The cross near El Cobollo sits in Bat Cave Canyon - marked with a red dot and "Noss" on the topo (yes, Noss, as in Doc). Coincidence. The omega symbol between Rio Gila and Rio Grande (red dot) sits precisely on Map Cave near Santa Rita. Coincidence.

I haven't even bothered yet with the other symbols, although the results may be interesting to follow up on. What else? Santa Fe? Duh. Pedro and Miguel Peralta? Sonora miners, right? Maybe so. Guess what? Pedro Peralta and Miguel Peralta were also Spanish soldiers killed during the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. Coincidence. My point? You can do lots of things with these stones, like you can with almost any proprietary map, whether on stone or a bar napkin. Don't paint yourself into a corner with this stuff.

horseoverlay2.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield

When you fit the horse's ear in the gorge and after the Xs on the dots , you can see clearly how the big stone trail runs and avoids hills and mountains , following some known trails . Is more than a coincidence .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius:

"The Peraltas had the stones and they had found the mines in the Latin heart"

What mines do you see on the Latin Heart ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Marius, have you tried consulting a Latin dictionary? You'll find the definition of meus isn't really "mine" in the sense of mining or mines, but "mine" as in personal belongings, as "this is mine."

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, have you tried consulting a Latin dictionary? You'll find the definition of meus isn't really "mine" in the sense of mining or mines, but "mine" as in personal belongings, as "this is mine."

I know that , deducer . They used a trick . The word is written alone and is to name a location . Don't make sense otherwise . The odd is how was made for Gringos .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trick in this case, Marius.

Two very old latin books were found many years ago in separate locations in the mountains.
That these publications once belonged to someone for whom a "holy faith" was a very important consideration was no coincidence.
For they and his faith brought light to the dark...."Ecela fulget"....as would a shaft of light illuminating a statue of Thomas the Apostle within the blackness of a certain cave out there.
One of them included a document or "map", with "meus" written three times in a pattern very similar to that of the Latin Heart.This "CURSUM PERFICIO", as we call it, was the first of it's kind found within the range, long before the Stone Maps, Latin Heart and Stone Crosses. It was also unknown to those who found the carvings and searched for the "treasure" using those artifacts alone,a shame perhaps, because for myself the C/P has become a sort of "Rosetta Stone".

Regards:SH.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I found images that Mike posted here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...55580-find-starter-drill-hole-stone-maps.html

This is one area of the Stone Maps that bothers me, it looks like the numbers and a couple symbols have been "freshened" since the color in the grooves is lighter. Granted the old photo is black and white and at a slight angle, there may even be dirt filling some marks (I would make sure they were clean if I was taking a picture) but some symbols are just not visible. So to me it seems key symbols were changed on the lower section of the Don Stone, just to many inconsistencies between the pictures.

I know this is not conclusive in any way, but that chip might give an indication of "erasing" some symbols and re-carving. Now why would Tumlinson change the symbols on a map he carved? Seems to me if they had not spent some time in the ground all of the carvings would look like they had just been carved or "freshened" a bit. I'm really leaning towards these Stone Maps being of Jesuit origin.

I'm sure this idea has been kicked around before but thought it might help some of the readers.

crop.jpg
crop1.jpg

For those that don't know..........click on the images to make them larger :tongue3:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your crop of the bumper photo also shows one of the prominent inconsistencies between the original stone and that on display at the SMHS museum.
The 18 and the 7 both appear seem to be there and in the same positions as on the originals, but far less distinct. This could be due to a rougher surface on the original, or to dirt still clinging to the stone when the BP was taken. But one cannot deny that the circle in circle is much larger on the lower stone shown in the BP than it is on the museum stone.

18 7.png

Some of the other differences:

Due in part to these differences, and despite Phil's assurance that the the museum specimens are authentic, it is my opinion that the apple cart has been upset since this means we do not know what type of stone or colour the originals would have been. I suspect they were all the same.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trick in this case, Marius.

Two very old latin books were found many years ago in separate locations in the mountains.
That these publications once belonged to someone for whom a "holy faith" was a very important consideration was no coincidence.
For they and his faith brought light to the dark...."Ecela fulget"....as would a shaft of light illuminating a statue of Thomas the Apostle within the blackness of a certain cave out there.
One of them included a document or "map", with "meus" written three times in a pattern very similar to that of the Latin Heart.This "CURSUM PERFICIO", as we call it, was the first of it's kind found within the range, long before the Stone Maps, Latin Heart and Stone Crosses. It was also unknown to those who found the carvings and searched for the "treasure" using those artifacts alone,a shame perhaps, because for myself the C/P has become a sort of "Rosetta Stone".

Wayne

I believe the words " DEMUS " in that book , are a Jesuit code for the mines . for me the books belonged to a Spanish Catholic priest ( with Jesuit roots or Jesuit relatives ) who had accompanied the Peraltas to the big mining camp . Maybe he helped with the Latin words when was made the Latin heart . We know how in that era , all the Spanish expeditions and the Spanish big camps have a priest . The books , like all the stone maps , were dispersed over the region , after the Indian ambush .
The stone tablets were made by Spanish . The evidence is in the broken heart and in the word " COAZON " which means the same thing . The broken heart is a Spanish symbol for a man made deadly trap . Jesuits have not man made deadly traps but only natural .

Other are the questions :

Why the King of Spain gave to Peraltas this suspicious region ?
Were the Peraltas in a Spanish expedition to recover the Jesuit treasure ?
Why needed Peraltas about 400 men in the last attemt to recover " their " gold ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread