THE PERFECT STORM!!!!!! Everyone needs a laugh sometime; heres one ***********

XT18000

May 26, 2008
THE PERFECT STORM!!!!!! Everyone need's a laugh sometime; here's one ***********

Did'ent get to go to Padre Island after "DOLLY" made a pass across it as I don't live on the
island and it's still closed off to outsider's; so I was all cocked and primed to make a hunt
on Galveston Island after TS/ Edwardo went inland yesterday. I only live 60 mile's from there
so this morning I loaded up and hi tailed it down to the beach after morning rush hour
cleared out. Went to the main beach right in town to start with because of the large crowds
that use it . Went up to the bath house to change into my "HOT SKINs" and then parked
near the beach and started putting on the rest of my surf hunting gear when I noticed
that the control box for the Sea Hunter 11 did'ent make the trip with everything else!!!!
It was still at home in the safe! I had to laugh. I knew it would happen some day; I just
wish it had'ent be after the perfect storm. All was not lost though, I went to a friend of mine's
house that lives there and had a good visit. Next time I'll put a extra detector in as a just in case!
You might want to keep this in mind next time you get ready to make a trip to your beach for a
hunt after your PERFECT STORM!

Upvote 0

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Re: THE PERFECT STORM!!!!!! Everyone need's a laugh sometime; here's one ***********

XT, that is pretty funny,but I have to admit that I wouldn't have been laughing at first.Reminds
me of the importance of a final check or checklist so the trip isn't wasted. We've all left
something home,from minor to major stuff.Sometimes the anticipation of the hunt clouds
the memory.Thus the need for the final check before take-off.Like a pilot does-I hope.
Better luck next time,and glad you laughed it off.At least you salvaged the trip and had a
good visit.HH Joe

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: THE PERFECT STORM!!!!!! Everyone need's a laugh sometime; here's one ***********

Definitely sounds like something I would do. Visiting a friend is a good thing too though.

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT

I think every time I have a dream of detecting I forget my detector. Guess that would be a nightmare. So far I have been awake enough in real life to bring it but I think I have forgotten everything else. Even had to go to a hardware store and buy a digger one time. 60 miles--- give it another shot!

Stuart

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never go hunting with out at least one back up detector for that very reason, better luck next time....

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

whooooa I ain't going to say it..don't want to jinx myself cause I could of did the same thing easily

sorry you didn't get to hunt.
I didn't get to hunt SPI either a friend of mine stayed on the island and waited out the hurricane(I was so jealous). After all had settled down he went out to detect about 10mins. later they told him to get off the island that they were making all non residents leave. So he didn't fare well either.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know what it feels like to forget something. Always have several detectors with you. Save me a spot on the island!

Sam in Florida

May 23, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Been there done that, I'm sure many of us have. I drove 25 miles once, only to realize I didn't even load the detector.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

rares right up there with traveling to your cuz house 3 hours away and going to the beach the next day to hunt and finding out that somehow your machine was turned on during the 3 hour drive down and was on all night in the back seat---so now the batteries are dead and of course you have no spares and the nearest place to get some is a mini mart 10 miles away at crazy $$$ prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions