Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I didn't post this sooner, as I have been away all weekend at a show and hunt in VA.

But anyway I got an email on Friday saying my initial order of the new pinpointers are due in early this week... Looks like the long wait will be soon coming to an end. :)

(I will be contacting those on the pre-order list in the next day or so so we can get them out to you right away. :))

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this time I think my pre-preorders will take all of the initial order.. .but I will not know for sure until we contact each person on the list. It very possible someone will drop off the list.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to quite a few of you that are on the list and your pinpointers are on the way! :hello:

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked to quite a few of you that are on the list and your pinpointers are on the way! :hello:

Did you get enough quantity to fulfill the prepaid pre orders? Just curious as I read on another forum that there was speculation that there may not be enough shipped to US to cover the pre orders. I hope this is not true.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith good talking with you and thanks for everything. I actually left a meeting to take your call and had to get back. If your son needs anything down this way just let me know.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get enough quantity to fulfill the prepaid pre orders? Just curious as I read on another forum that there was speculation that there may not be enough shipped to US to cover the pre orders. I hope this is not true.

My list is lengthy, but unfortunately not everyone on it will be happy this time around as I wasn't shipped as many as I need. :sadsmiley: My guess is most dealers are in the same situation, but I'm not sure about that. I have another order in for more of these, but that one is on backorder status.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith when you start a list for the HF Elliptical, please put me on it :)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got it. Thanks for the amazing service and super fast shipping!
IMG_3170.JPG

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. Thanks, Keith. Time for a test run.

Have you tried it yet? It's flipping awesome. Switching back and forth is instantaneous, and you can change the tone, sensitivity from the remote.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep took it out tonight and ran it until dark (hey, it has an LED). First impressions:

1. Physically, it is sturdy and looks like it will hold up to some abuse. Don't like that the on/off switch is black, same color as the surrounding pinpointer material, makes it hard to see the button in low light and it is not raised sufficiently such that you can find it by feel when wearing gloves. No biggy, just used to glancing at the carrot and seeing that big black button against the orange background.

2. Standalone mode: Just fine and straight forward, intuitive operation. Very similar to the Garrett but not as firm in vibration mode.

3. Pairing mode: Awesome! Paired right up. Like the options screen. Just used the default settings, pitch (vs. pulse) with sensitivity set at 30 and the default pitch frequency.

4. Paired operation: Pretty seamless. Turn on the pinpointer and you are in pinpointer mode. Sensitivity seemed good. Needed to get used to the range of pitch in pitch mode, pitch frequency increases but the intensity (volume) does not increase with proximity to the target, which is fine with me (this is different than how pitch mode or gold field works on the Deus where proximity to the target increases both pitch and volume intensity). Experienced one situation when switching to the pinpointer I experienced some EMI. It was strange, could not figure out the source, and after target recovery could not repeat it again for the rest of the detecting session.

5. Minor quibble/regret - this may just be a matter of me getting used to what I have with the MI-6, but I find myself missing vibration mode which as far as I can tell cannot be activated when the MI-6 is working in paired mode with the Deus. If I am mistaken let me know, but it appears that vibration is only available when the pinpointer is being used in standalone mode. Will probably just get used to it, but wanted to put it out there since I am so used to having it on my Carrot.

Overall, it works great and I think it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between my Deus and my MI6.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried yet but turn your remote on and the press and hold the pinpointer power button for 3-5 seconds to enter advanced mode and see if you can turn on vibration (two presses after advanced mode is activated I believe). Have you tried that?

On a side note I tested the MI-6 with my Garrett Carrot in highest sensitivity and the MI-6 blows it out of the water in a depth test when paired to the Deus (MI-6 is significantly deeper). In stand alone mode (not paired to Deus), the MI-6 is still deeper than the carrot by a little bit.

jtorpy

Greenie
Apr 13, 2017
North half Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus with MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loving my MI-6 Just took it out on my first hunt. Wow so much more intuitive while pinpointing. I love how it switches back and forth with the main coil so easily. Love the adjustability and the pitch mode. Got it really muddy in the wet conditions. My favorite part is that it doesn't false signal if I press slightly harder while probing.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

5. Minor quibble/regret - this may just be a matter of me getting used to what I have with the MI-6, but I find myself missing vibration mode which as far as I can tell cannot be activated when the MI-6 is working in paired mode with the Deus. If I am mistaken let me know, but it appears that vibration is only available when the pinpointer is being used in standalone mode. Will probably just get used to it, but wanted to put it out there since I am so used to having it on my Carrot.

I'm very happy with mine and agree with ALL your points, but wanted to especially comment on "no vibrate mode when paired" I would take the suggestion one step farther and want a "vibrate only" mode. I have always run my pinpointers in vibrate mode only. I actually don't like them making any sounds at all. People might say the whole point of pairing it is to hear it through the headphones. However I still want it to disable the coil and have access to the menu options on the remote, while being in vibrate ONLY mode!

Right now the menu options for the pinpointer are
AUDIO: PITCH/PULSE

They should add a "Vibrate" option in the menu and add a "off" option to Audio
AUDIO: PITCH/PULSE/OFF
VIBRATE: ON/OFF

If we had those options on the pinpointer menu, then we would be able to configure it however we want when its paired to the Deus.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lack of vibration when paired sounds serious, hopefully will be able to enable via software, that alone would be a deal breaker for me.

Hopefully the sensitivity is good and tweakable, wouldn't want a pinpointer to detect a coin sized object more than an inch away, that would defeat its purpose.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lack of vibration when paired sounds serious, hopefully will be able to enable via software, that alone would be a deal breaker for me.

Hopefully the sensitivity is good and tweakable, wouldn't want a pinpointer to detect a coin sized object more than an inch away, that would defeat its purpose.

I'm sure the vibration could be updated when paired in a future software release. The sensitivity is absolutely adjustable. It has 50 sensitivity levels when paired (press + or - right on your remote to adjust), and 3 in standalone just like a Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions