the product of advice from a veteran

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
20180816_205917.jpg 20180809_212248.jpg . been working out of town. been having the detecting blues as the fire has redding completely shut down.... what else am i going to do after work when in gold country and 3 hrs from home??? thanks again ray.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there, I've all the tools and equipment and I've the desire to be out there as well however I still need a bit more rehabbing from shoulder surgery before I can commit to being in the hills on an easier than usual 'adventure'. Time will come when the fire will be out and it will again be safe to be out there................63bkpkr

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
a big concern of mine is that the area will be dangerous for quite some time. they will maintain the trails, but there will be dead standing burned trees everywhere. look at any burned area 1-3 yrs old and most of those trees will be fallen. its hard to stay away from them when they are all around you. redding folks be very careful out there. its not worth dying over.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
take care of that shoulder. hope you get healed up in time for the most wonderful time of the year

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks beekbuster for the good thoughts about the shoulder! The most wonderful time of the year would be Anytime I can get out!!

I was Under my Bronco today 'checking things' and while there I thought I would put in a fresh in line gas filter, easiest change-out I've had in a long time. Had the Tranny flushed and new oil and filter added to it, the engine is running fine, new set of tires on her, she should be good for a few more miles!

Go Have some fun but watch out for the 'Dead Falls'!................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread