The Pyrite Kid from the Sandy Eggo

Jed Clampett

Feb 10, 2013
San Diego, Ca
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs, Magnet, Goldpan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First, let me say thanks to the many many people who have contributed to my knowledge base via these forums. So much of the information here has been valuable in my ascent from uninformed to somewhat-knowledgeable.

I hail from San Diego, CA and have indulged the prospectors life for half a year now as I wait for the transition to University chasing a Physics degree. I have endured odd conditions while prospecting like extreme dehydration in 104+ deg temps to poison oak from head to toe and highly pyritic soil (hence the nickname). I must admit that the information here has been worth more than it's weight in...uhm...gold ^_^

In these six months I have covered the basics of both placer and lode mining through an old timer that has offered to pass on the craft to a younger generation (me and my bro). My adventures so far cover most of so cal from the border to Bakersfield and AZ as far north as Ash fork and as far east as Prescott roughly.

As one might imagine in this time I have amassed a wealth of questions. would-be insights, and oddball technological discoveries. Following this post I hope to drop and harvest a wealth of information regarding the somewhat lost American culture of mining.

Big respect to yall for contributions both past and future,
~The Pyrite Kid

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet Jed Clampett:hello:

That is a well written post!:icon_thumright:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a fellow Sandy Eggan!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions