THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC, no problem it happens when you're tired. :laughing7:
The extended extreme heat and the lack of rain is becoming a real concern here in the east.

I took my wife out for dinner last night, first time since February... it was darn hot on the patio, but nice to be out of the house. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning rook, Dave AARC

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning ANII,AARC,pepperj

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning rook, Dave AARC

Good morning Jim.

That was quite the rain & wind storm you had late yesterday! :o

You're fortunate that your buildings didn't receive any damage... time to put your hook & ladder to use again my friend! :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I'm off to work another day for little pay in the salt mine guys & girls! :laughing7:

Keep cool and have a great week... just three more days until we head to the cottage!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
62F outside with no humidity, a right nice cool off from yesterdays late day thunderstorm.
Had a pretty good one that lasted for 30 minutes, then a weird sound, tree(s) cracking.
I looked out the 12'x20' roll up door and I wasn't sure if there was more rain droplets or leaves blowing around through the shop yard.
20 minutes later I could still hear the occasional cracking of wood.
Must of been a wind shear of sorts as 300' ft away at the house not a leaf down.
So later on I'll have to check the sugarbush/walking trails to see if there's no trees down or about to come down.
Nature doing a little heat relief.
We're down to 2 Chipmunk now-you go Blue Heron:hello2:-well after this morning count might be zero.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I'm off to work another day for little pay in the salt mine guys & girls! :laughing7:

Keep cool and have a great week... just three more days until we head to the cottage!

You have a great one Dave-And my wife and myself thank you for doing your part in supporting us financially.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

A little trick I learned about 25 years ago is to have some plain yoghurt every morning it helps to line the stomach. I can eat pretty much anything I want now. I had been given some heavy duty meds for an infection which gave me grief and the yoghurt was recommended and it works like a charm.

I do ok with certain spices and others just keep giving back. I like peppers, but it took 3 months after consuming a red pepper sauce for the stomach to act have normal again. So I miss out on many fine dishes now.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning bill.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
71°cloudy with more numerous popcorn showers today.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Good morning Jim.

That was quite the rain & wind storm you had late yesterday! :o

You're fortunate that your buildings didn't receive any damage... time to put your hook & ladder to use again my friend! :laughing7:

Ya I don't need another insurance claim-still dealing with the post Xmas one on the garage roof from the 10" x 35ft pine tree branch.
Not that the insurance doesn't want to fix it-it's a case of having some of having a bunch of plumber butt contractors around the house for 2 weeks hacking, smoking, sweating-NOPE we're good till the state of emergency is off-and things go back to some sense of norm.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

A little trick I learned about 25 years ago is to have some plain yoghurt every morning it helps to line the stomach. I can eat pretty much anything I want now. I had been given some heavy duty meds for an infection which gave me grief and the yoghurt was recommended and it works like a charm.

They tried the meds on me-then 33 yrs ago they took the stomach out, twisted the down pipe like a pig's tail, stuck it back in to repair the damage I had done to it from purging on the main decks from the binging episodes.
(I'm not blaming the rum here folks-it was the mixing of other gut-rot that causes problems):laughing7:
They said they had to do the repairs or I would be a case of getting cancer from having the acids eating the plumbing apart 24/7.
I eat yogurt everyday, and if I stay away from the things that don't agree with the body-I'm pretty good.
A 1/4 salt spoon of non-alum.baking soda in a tea cup of water-burp-and we're good to go. :headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Arrrg popcorn showers.

Why can it never be peanuts... or better yet... my favorite... pistachios.

Pistachios-yum
Shelled or unshelled?
Salted-or plain?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pistachios-yum
Shelled or unshelled?
Salted-or plain?

Well... I always buy the shells... makes me earn each one... don't want to make it too easy ya know.

And ALWAYS salted. ... cannot imagine not salted.

AND...

They have a new one I am in love with... "cracked pepper and salt". :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread