THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
6709B1A3-A55A-444A-9972-35B930AC7C92_4_5005_c.jpeg
Now we're seeing some type of an image here bart.

Kind of piggish looking with the snot-sad eyes-maybe just a very old wise looking sow-or a pig with a wig.
Eyes playing tricks on the mind again probably or the pareidolia acting up again.:coffee2::icon_scratch::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Gopher:hello:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well... I always buy the shells... makes me earn each one... don't want to make it too easy ya know.

And ALWAYS salted. ... cannot imagine not salted.

AND...

They have a new one I am in love with... "cracked pepper and salt". :)

I always wondered why they did this to them-it was too easy to find out "Who been eating my Pistachios?"

ECC2C466-5E5B-4BBA-BDD9-16D8A25B383F_4_5005_c.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin', all.

Just saw that you have the Equinox 600, and my question is how you liking it?
I just had a friend that bought one-never detected before-too far away for a meet up to show him the ropes.
Any tips on what might help a newbie?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning Gopher

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The big kick today is permaculture gardening wise. Turns out the Amazon is a permaculture and was planted by the locals 4500 years ago with a large variety of edible crops.

https://returntonow.net/2018/08/01/...Py5IQ2FQjoLwATQMP_b-oa1XgZkHWcKGdVsgjATlwHK1k

“The trees were loaded with walnuts, chestnuts, hickory nuts, beech nuts and acorns, and the rivers with “salmon so thick you couldn’t walk across,” he said. “Unfortunately, the people who tended those food forests were exterminated.”

I know of a few farms that are permaculture based, we support them by buying the food crops, trading goods and supplies with them to enrich the diversity of what is grown.

Even over the past 50 yrs what extreme changes there has been to the lands that we live on-the stress that every sq. acre of farmable land has to go through to support the population overgrowth of the world.

The one thing is Bill - some get it-some don't, and the scary one is the one that holds power over the Amazon.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DAVE! :hello: You old sandbagger get back to work you need to tighten the belt up sir. :laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone, hope ya had a Happy Fourth!

Mine was awesome, and I wasn't even with my family. I was at my friends house working, and he decided to quit early, hit a local BBQ place and see if Portsmouth Ohio was doing any fireworks. Smokin' J's BBQ in Cannonsburg KY is one of the best BBQ restaurants I've ever stepped foot in. Granted the wait is long, however the pretzel stick appetizers are amazing, and each and every waitress is smokin' hot (connection in the name??:icon_scratch:). I particularly took a liking to our waitress who by the way was very good at making sure we had all we needed at the table. At any rate the food was good, the TV was good (NASCAR baby!) and as previously stated our waitress was very pretty. Of course, I didn't get a number. :p

So by now we're on our way to Ohio, and it's pretty dark now. A fog started laying low in the fields and on the road, and we quickly learned it was actually smoke. All one could smell was "gunpowder" from fireworks going off. There were rumors that sale of fireworks were at record numbers this year because of covid, and I can believe it! Every house, on every street had mortars and roman candles going off. Before we even got to Portsmouth, we could see flashes in the sky from people setting off so many. We topped the car in the center of town for a few minutes, and it sounded like total war. Roman Candles, mortars, rockets, flying exploding things of all shapes and sizes, firecrackers, you name it, it was exploding, and everywhere. Seriously, I have never heard anything so close to a war in my life.

It just so happens that we made the real show just in time. A huge barge carrying firework came down the Ohio River, and set off an amazing show with huge explosions. We were right on the riverbank now. The ground was shaking, and all I could think of was "Screw you England. Look how nice we're coming along without you." Even while the main show was going on, rockets were still exploding nearby. The show ended, but the explosions did not, and by now everything was so smoky from the humidity, it was getting hard to get fresh air. Even 25 miles away at home the smoke was drifting back.

In all, I had a good Fourth. Hope you did as well!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great RR....I had a good 4th too. Our town sounded like a war zone too. They canceled all the big shows because of covid, but the neighbors made up for it. I was taking incoming from at least 3 separate positions.....the cats did not enjoy the show at all !! Lol !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1847055
Now we're seeing some type of an image here bart.

Kind of piggish looking with the snot-sad eyes-maybe just a very old wise looking sow-or a pig with a wig.
Eyes playing tricks on the mind again probably or the pareidolia acting up again.:coffee2::icon_scratch::laughing7:

My buddy has sent me several pics with highlights......they show a womans nude body. Once he made a mark or two I saw it easily !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....I do see the pig face !!

Top Member Reactions