THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
bill and pepperj
I hope you guys get some rain Purdy quick.we will get more today. Riding to near Columbus yesterday the crops really look good around here. I glad for our farmers. They needed a break.

(Edit. Mornin all!)

Reads like good growing...

Went out to the hunting property yesterday and was watching for the catalytic converter to burn dried grass..

Corn in the ag. fields I passed through on the way was rolled up in it's leaves. Soybeans leaves rolling up too.
Not sure why the corn is sporadic in places , perhaps heavy spring rains washed some seed out.
Soybeans look stunted.

I'll probably double water the front veggie bed. Finally getting dwarf Taylor bean pods there. Carrots still trying with about half stout enough not to lay tops down watering.

Out back in the three sisters mounds , squash is thriving. With corn trying still , with some tillering of stalks making me hill soil around them ; and pole beans starting to climb.

Today's project is revisiting a puzzle of a storm door's steel trim at a friends house. A cellar type steel contraption.
We've forgotten how it is assembled after removing it years ago to put a vault in the basement.....That now is coming out. (Not the original plan, this removal business).
A Chinese puzzle of sorts. My hope is that when my friend finished the pieces left to reassemble as it needed sealing he did not use liquid nails ,vs silicone.
I do recall height was needed , but the piece to remove to gain such was under the ends of other pieces , which were linked by other pieces and it became a near demolition project...

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon to you ECS

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured out why it takes so long to do things around the place now. I go downstairs-"what did I come down here for?" < snip >

Here's a tip that works.

The next time you go downstairs and your feet stop. You get that feeling of what did I come down here for!?!?

From right where your feet stop, look around at what things are in fairly easy reach. You'll find that part of you knows why you came down. That part caused you to come to a stop at that particular point.

Of course, nothing *always* works. So...if after looking around for a while? Do what I fall back on. I go back where I started from and sit back down on my brain. That usually works!

Seriously though, try that first part. You'll be surprised!
:)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps, but I started feeling like this a few hours before I even left home. As long as I breathe/inhale through my nose, I feel okay.

Rusty? Just a suggestion? Next time you have something of a threat to your life? The number to 911 is NINE ONE ONE.

Not T'net.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a tip that works.

The next time you go downstairs and your feet stop. You get that feeling of what did I come down here for!?!?

From right where your feet stop, look around at what things are in fairly easy reach. You'll find that part of you knows why you came down. That part caused you to come to a stop at that particular point.

Of course, nothing *always* works. So...if after looking around for a while? Do what I fall back on. I go back where I started from and sit back down on my brain. That usually works!

Seriously though, try that first part. You'll be surprised!
:)

Why did you write that for me, again for.??? :laughing7:

I'll try it-thank you.

You're so much better than 911.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am breathing fine again. We made a visit to the chiropractor (thank you Bill and Pepper for the suggestions!), and found out I had five ribs out of place, three of which were pressing against my lungs. After a lot of sleuthing, the doc asked if I was involved in a car wreck... the injuries reminded her of a seat belt pressed hard against the chest during a sudden stop...hmm... So apparently during the accident with the deer, I dislocated those ribs, and continued to work anyway not knowing the situation. I started having very minor difficulty breathing Wednesday night (five days afterwards, I just assumed it was the humidity getting to me), and it got progressively worse. Long story short, doc Sawbones all but jumped on me, and I heard tremendous cracking/popping noises, and a rush of pain. I am a tad sore, but I'm breathing fine.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Glad the chiropractor got you mended up. You had us all worried there last night we're going to have to get the capt'n to make you swab down the deck as punishment....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am breathing fine again. We made a visit to the chiropractor (thank you Bill and Pepper for the suggestions!), and found out I had five ribs out of place, three of which were pressing against my lungs. After a lot of sleuthing, the doc asked if I was involved in a car wreck... the injuries reminded her of a seat belt pressed hard against the chest during a sudden stop...hmm... So apparently during the accident with the deer, I dislocated those ribs, and continued to work anyway not knowing the situation. I started having very minor difficulty breathing Wednesday night (five days afterwards, I just assumed it was the humidity getting to me), and it got progressively worse. Long story short, doc Sawbones all but jumped on me, and I heard tremendous cracking/popping noises, and a rush of pain. I am a tad sore, but I'm breathing fine.

Ya Doc.. An auto accident , that's it. It was a deer...Ya , that's it.
The fourth? Oh We just drove around. No scufflin with wimmin in the carnival contest to win a hundred dollars if we won , or anything like that. Ya, that's it.:laughing7:

download.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya. That was it. :)

I probably made the situation worse when I moved a woodpile on Wednesday.

You're tougher than I.
Every popped rib I've had was a week of whimpering , minimum.
With the record about a month....

Miss my chiropractor. Been getting E-mails they're open.
Dentist tomorrow. Maybe the chiro in the next month.
If I don't crack my neck just right first , looking down/tipping head down slightly like looking at a plate when eating , gives me vertigo.
And that's just my neck bones misbehaving....Let alone my spine.
I won't tell them about a rib that don't like the truck seat if they don't find it on their own. Might be the ghost still of rolling through the ditch and doing an near endo into a tree in a truck years ago. Them's the ones that hurt so long. From the armrest of the door. Or, from scufflin with a former boss that popped one of the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC